Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN CFP Predictor

vCash

ESPN CFP Predictor

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...yoff-predictor

This is pretty cool.

It has us as one of the 15 teams with the highest chances of making the playoff and you can click on us and run through different scenarios for the season.

The remaining schedules gives State the following win chance:

Lsu- 43%
    BG- 99%
    A&M- 76%
    Ark- 68%
    UK- 53%
    bama- 12%
    AU- 82%
    UGA- 26%
    ETSU- 99%
    bearsharks- 47%

vCash
    Looks about right except for the last game.

LSU has the #8 most talented roster in college football and is playing at home.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Ark is going to be more difficult than LSU. Ark scares me with their balanced attack.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Ark is going to be more difficult than LSU. Ark scares me with their balanced attack.
    Arkansas hasn't played anybody yet. Cincy ain't Cincy anymore. The Fighting Shane Beamers are a few years away from competing with any team in the West. That Vandy/USC game will be a brawl. We beat the shit outta Memphis and Arizona. But, we are going to see how good we really are this Saturday.

vCash
    UPig is 129th out of 131 D-1 teams in Pass D. They arent beating us at home
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah their secondary sucks and not much pass rush either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Arkansas hasn't played anybody yet. Cincy ain't Cincy anymore. The Fighting Shane Beamers are a few years away from competing with any team in the West. That Vandy/USC game will be a brawl. We beat the shit outta Memphis and Arizona. But, we are going to see how good we really are this Saturday.
    I think USC is on par with AZ. Cincy who knows, ain't what they used to be and Ark played at home with USC. We in good shape right now.

vCash
    Feasting on hog that day - I'll be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Cincinnati was much more impressive to me than South Carolina was IMO. Still not sure how good either team is but also wouldn't surprise me if Cincy goes undefeated the rest of the way either.

vCash
    What passing game they have is because they have been able to run the ball on their opponents. Our defense is going to make it tough on Arkansas. We beat them last year. The refs took that game from us. We are better this year and playing at home. I don't think they are as good because of the loss Burks and they are playing on the road. Obviously just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Cincinnati was much more impressive to me than South Carolina was IMO. Still not sure how good either team is but also wouldn't surprise me if Cincy goes undefeated the rest of the way either.
    South Carolina struggled to score offensively in their first week, against a really weak opponent. Had to have a couple of special teams or defensive scores to win....so yeah Cincy is much better so far this season.
    Cincy had guys open against Arkansas several times and did not hit them. That is the difference, IMO, this season with Cincy compared to last year. They will miss that previous QB. He would hit those plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...yoff-predictor

This is pretty cool.

It has us as one of the 15 teams with the highest chances of making the playoff and you can click on us and run through different scenarios for the season.

The remaining schedules gives State the following win chance:

Lsu- 43%
    BG- 99%
    A&M- 76%
    Ark- 68%
    UK- 53%
    bama- 12%
    AU- 82%
    UGA- 26%
    ETSU- 99%
    bearsharks- 47%
    I would switch UGA and Bama. Contain Young and you win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I would switch UGA and Bama. Contain Young and you win.
    THat is a lot easier said than done. In tuscaloosa also with our inability to get to the QB

I really believe in this team we have but we will know who this team is Saturday night.

vCash
    Whatever the point spread is against Bama- take Bama.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I will never take us on the spread vs Bama. Have we ever beat it with Saban outside 2007 and maybe 2017? We usually get completely blown out. 2014 I think Bama was favored but only by a couple. I think 2017 was the last game we have even been competitive with them.

I think we beat Arkansas because we are a bad match up for their defense, but I think Arkansas will only lose to Bama, State and 50/50 at BYU. Even though their non conference schedule is much harder than ours, they get Mizzou and USCe while we get UGA and UK.

Texas A&M will beat Miami and then lose 3 in a row. I really think they go 6-6 now because I see both Ole Miss and LSU along with State, Bama and Ark beating them

We will have no idea how Ole Miss is until UK plays them. I forgot how easy their September schedule is. They should be able to sleep walk at least to a 6-1 start minus UK.

vCash
    Arky is a solid team, but, as C34 said, 129th in pass defense & KJ Jefferson has 37 carries through 2 games. QBs that run that much end up getting gimpy at some point.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Yep.. Big Cam is having to carry that team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Arky is a solid team, but, as C34 said, 129th in pass defense & KJ Jefferson has 37 carries through 2 games. QBs that run that much end up getting gimpy at some point.
    It's weird, Arkansas also currently leads the SEC in sacks which you don't normally see from a team ranked that low in pass defense. There have been several injuries in the secondary but it seems the safeties are mostly run-support guys because they can't cover at all.

vCash
    Whatever the point spread is against Bama- take Bama.
    This year I'll take us. I did notice Longhorn Receivers running free most of the day. I also noticed Bama DBs mugging the crap out of those same receivers all day. Ducking and RaRa are bad matches for them/ So to beat the spread we meed Our Oline to have their best game ever and for WR to watch the Longest Yard to learn how to beat dirty refs. But 34 I will take odds on who the refs are for that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This year I'll take us. I did notice Longhorn Receivers running free most of the day. I also noticed Bama DBs mugging the crap out of those same receivers all day. Ducking and RaRa are bad matches for them/ So to beat the spread we meed Our Oline to have their best game ever and for WR to watch the Longest Yard to learn how to beat dirty refs. But 34 I will take odds on who the refs are for that game.
    You can go ahead and write it down that Tyrus Wheat gets a phantom roughing the passer call in the 4th quarter if we are within a TD of them.