Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN CFP Predictor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lame is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen. Constantly rumored for jobs but ends up staying there 8-9 years because blue bloods are reluctant to hire him
    But, but, Mississippi is a "baby blue" blood aren't they?

vCash
    Lame is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen. Constantly rumored for jobs but ends up staying there 8-9 years because blue bloods are reluctant to hire him
    he'll get a good job. bet.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    No doubt and he already knows the potential institutions too. He's simply waiting for the position to be vacant.

vCash
    Possibly but word is he's instructed sexton to get him out. He went portal heavy to win now and keep his stock high.
    Bold strategy...

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1446816]Agree because we play like intimidated 12 year olds vs them.

That said, I don?t think Bama is as talented at WR and RB as they?ve been in last years. I think they?ll have to work harder this year to win.[/QUOTE

Agreed.... what makes me nervous tho is their linebackers
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Possibly but word is he's instructed sexton to get him out. He went portal heavy to win now and keep his stock high.
    Bold strategy...
    Auburn is the only big job that will open over the next couple of years. Not many places for him to go.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Auburn is the only big job that will open over the next couple of years. Not many places for him to go.
    You think he'd go to Auburn if offered?

A Pinebox Part Deux would probably make their heads explode.

vCash
    Ehh I bet Jimbo is looking for a job within that time if he stays the course.

Edit: A&M isn't going to accept "mediocrity" with the money investment there.

vCash
    He has two more years there tops

vCash
    There's no way to possibly know this. Would you have expected Oklahoma to come open this past year?

People leave jobs, people have scandals, and sometimes people just start being bad.

vCash
    Will be Alabammy...whammy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He has two more years there tops
    He makes alot of money there. It's going to take a Big Dawg wanting him for him to leave. I dont see that happening anytime soon outside of a desperate ho like Auburn. A&M may come open and pay Jimbo $50MM to leave but that doesnt mean they would even consider Lame. Alot of Big Dawgs wont even consider him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You think he'd go to Auburn if offered?

A Pinebox Part Deux would probably make their heads explode.
    I had thought to myself that Texas A&M or Florida state would be the best options for Lane but Brandon walker said he will bet money Lane kiffin is the head coach of auburn before December

vCash
    He makes alot of money there. It's going to take a Big Dawg wanting him for him to leave. I dont see that happening anytime soon outside of a desperate ho like Auburn. A&M may come open and pay Jimbo $50MM to leave but that doesnt mean they would even consider Lame. Alot of Big Dawgs wont even consider him.
    Who would be a bigger name for A&M to get than Lane though, Lane?s former DC is already there and the defense isn?t the problem . If lane can come there and get ahold to 5 star QB?s and WR?s he would have a field day I think ( Atleast compared to DUMBO)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There's no way to possibly know this. Would you have expected Oklahoma to come open this past year?

People leave jobs, people have scandals, and sometimes people just start being bad.
    I?ll name a few jobs that I think will be open within the next 2 years . Some sooner than others.

Auburn
    Penn state
    Florida state
    Texas A&M
    North Carolina
    Notre Dame

That?s just based on the teams performance and expectations not being met . Not including random scandals or retirements.

Lane would consider
    Auburn
    Florida state
    Texas A&M

I personally think he would be stupid to take auburn because yes he can get top 15 talent instantly but having to play and be expected to beat Alabama and Georgia every single year is so so so tough.

I think the job he should be shooting for is Florida state if Norvell doesn?t win 8 games this season. Lane loves Florida , leaving the SEC to play in the ACC but still having that top 15 consistent recruiter and being a blue blood program . A good coach could have Florida state back at late 90?s level within 2 - 3 seasons .

Lots of people are expecting him to go to auburn . He may just see that as a chance to be a pain in saban?s ass

vCash
    Lame would go to Auburn. We’ll see if they want him

A&M is willing to pay $8-9MM per season. Other than Saban- everybody is a candidate

vCash
    Lame would go to Auburn. We’ll see if they want him

A&M is willing to pay $8-9MM per season. Other than Saban- everybody is a candidate
    I can obviously still see schools wanting him, but how many wins will he need this year to warrant interest? Or will it not matter?

I don't care if they win 7 or 8 as long as we win more, and one of their losses is to us.

I definitely want him gone, tho.

vCash
    I can obviously still see schools wanting him, but how many wins will he need this year to warrant interest? Or will it not matter?

I don't care if they win 7 or 8 as long as we win more, and one of their losses is to us.

I think it would take another 9 win season to get serious interest from Blue Bloods not named Auburn. They don’t have the QB to do that. They look like a team that will be 6-6 to 8-4

vCash

I think that auburn won?t be a highly sought after job compared to others because of expectations and the boosters and everything . I really do think auburn is Hugh?s Job.

I see A&M getting kiffin when this season goes south .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think that auburn won?t be a highly sought after job compared to others because of expectations and the boosters and everything . I really do think auburn is Hugh?s Job.

I see A&M getting kiffin when this season goes south .
    Auburn is a horrible job right now. You get canned if you don’t win right away, no real chance to rebuild.

Lane is a fraud IMO. He will sacrifice the future to win right now, so he can advance his career. He is basically strip mining a program for personal benefit. It’s going to catch up to him.