Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think it is simply the fact that we have rarely been good enough to end the season ranked, therefore, why even consider us for an early season ranking. We have finished ranked in the AP 4 times since 2000. With that lack of a ranking history, they are going to take a wait and see approach to us every time. And they will never give us a benefit of the doubt coming off a 7-6 or worse record.

Can you blame them? We have finished ranked in the AP Top 25 exactly 1 season in which we were in the pre-season poll -1992
    I would love to see the SEC contract with ESPN. It probably reads:

"Article 17: If a SEC football team is not ranked in the AP Top 25 you can act like said nonranked team doesn't exist. No minimum air time is required, you are free to kiss Bama & Georgia's arses, we don't care about the Mississippi schools or Vandy anyway."

There must be some contractual obligation to support the whole conference not just the elites. Maybe I'm wrong.

vCash
    Agreed, except you must not watch ESPN much if you don't think they spread plenty of love for Lane and UM.

vCash
    I avoid watching espn or having anything to do with abc/Disney. Very evil corporation. I do watch games on their network/direct tv, but won’t listen to their drivel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I avoid watching espn or having anything to do with abc/Disney. Very evil corporation. I do watch games on their network/direct tv, but won’t listen to their drivel.
    Agree 100%, but according to many posts here, ESPN has many OM grads working there. Love some Lane and newest transfer QB no matter what. Hail State!

Banned
    vCash
    As many have mentioned there are many reasons why MSU gets no respect but the media controls the narrative on every topic whether it is true or not. That is just the way it is. MSU is in the negative position there and would take many 2014 like seasons to reverse that trend.

Heck we still get called Mississippi every game by the dumb announcers - it happened once or twice this year already. Does OM every get called Mississippi State? Remember the Mississippi Final 4 hats in 96?

It ain't fair or right but neither is half the crap that media spews out there on almost every subject.