Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 25

vCash

Top 25

I understand that the only poll that matters is coming out in a few weeks.

That being said, the AP and coaches poll does matter. We are a top 25 team. Name one team outside of the top 5 that we couldn?t or wouldn?t beat?

It is complete disrespect by the media.

We as state fans have got to stop being happy with the underdog mentality, underdogs never take over. I always hated when Mullen called us a developmental program, we can be one but don?t put that out there to the media, it?s the nice way of saying you are the little kid on the block and you are just happy to be there. Make the media believe you believe you are the best thing since they figured out putting butter on a steak is the best combo. Make the media look you in your eyes and tell you you aren?t the best, because they won?t and they will write what the coaches say.

I wish we were ranked now. We should be between 15-20 right now. I think that?s respectful. But no, we are hovering around 30ish.

If Nebraska had had our start to this year they would be ranked and talked about possibly being back.

We have to demand more!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

That being said, the AP and coaches poll does matter. We are a top 25 team. Name one team outside of the top 5 that we couldn?t or wouldn?t beat?

We as state fans have got to stop being happy with the underdog mentality, underdogs never take over. I always hated when Mullen called us a developmental program, we can be one but don?t put that out there to the media, it?s the nice way of saying you are the little kid on the block and you are just happy to be there. Make the media believe you believe you are the best thing since they figured out putting butter on a steak is the best combo. Make the media look you in your eyes and tell you you aren?t the best, because they won?t and they will write what the coaches say.

I wish we were ranked now. We should be between 15-20 right now. I think that?s respectful. But no, we are hovering around 30ish.

If Nebraska had had our start to this year they would be ranked and talked about possibly being back.

We have to demand more!
    I am guessing Leach and the coaches love it. Has to make motivation an easier task.

vCash
    there are a few things that kill Mississippi state

1. We have the most pessimistic fans in the entire SEC. We never talk shit. we never claim to be good like ole miss and others. We just back down to others and like " yeah we might lose that game"

2. Our football history being horrible for the most part before Dan Mullen and Jackie sherrill

3. The medias love for lane kiffins dick and so now ole miss is viewed as bigger than us

I feel like everyone's opinions will change for the good or the bad after Saturday. This LSU game is massive and I think our team has been looking forward to it for awhile.....

vCash
    Just watched about 2 hours of the SEC network and State got about 30 seconds of air time with no video. I can understand the no video as it was a Fox Sports broadcast but they did not mention our game against Arizona. Right now the only teams that matter to SEC net is Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky & Tennessee. A&M is getting a lot of air time because they were so over-hyped in the preseason. so, basically it's the blue bloods plus a couple of darlings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Just watched about 2 hours of the SEC network and State got about 30 seconds of air time with no video. I can understand the no video as it was a Fox Sports broadcast but they did not mention our game against Arizona. Right now the only teams that matter to SEC net is Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky & Tennessee. A&M is getting a lot of air time because they were so over-hyped in the preseason. so, basically it's the blue bloods plus a couple of darlings.
    Only room for one Mississippi School ..... and right now lane has made Ole Miss the better one the past 2 years.... we have to win 9 games this year.

vCash
    Every unbiased statistical metric says we are a top 15 team.
    We have an average 20+ point margin of victory.
    Every time the team has had lapses in the game they immediately snap back in and correct it.
    Vegas knows what this team is. When is the last time LSU was a home underdog to an unranked team?

Sports media is the epitome of "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Every unbiased statistical metric says we are a top 15 team.
    We have an average 20+ point margin of victory.
    Every time the team has had lapses in the game they immediately snap back in and correct it.
    Vegas knows what this team is. When is the last time LSU was a home underdog to an unranked team?

Sports media is the epitome of "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"
    We are way better than LSU rn, if we lose I will be so disappointed.

Right now , if everyone would just look at the state of the SEC teams on our schedule. My 9-3 prediction is not crazy at all.

Loss to bama
    Loss to UGA
    Loss to Kentucky/Ole Miss/Arkansas

vCash
    My point being made by the AP North Carolina Barely beat Georgia state and NC gets 71 votes. We go out west and beat a P5 conference team by three TDS and only get 41 votes.

That?s just trash!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    We are way better than LSU rn, if we lose I will be so disappointed.

Right now , if everyone would just look at the state of the SEC teams on our schedule. My 9-3 prediction is not crazy at all.

Loss to bama
    Loss to UGA
    Loss to Kentucky/Ole Miss/Arkansas
    It’s not but I would replace Ole Miss with LSU. We could lose to LSU and still win 8 or 9 games. This team knows they have to beat Ole Miss this year, and I am pretty confident we will. That being said, I really don’t like BK as a person, but he is a good coach and will have LSU ready to play. I honestly think we lose Saturday but win against Ark at home even though Ark looks like the better team. My prediction of 8-4 is still the same after the first 2 games because there is not enough data yet to prove otherwise. We played 2 solid opponents and looked pretty good in both games. Bama and UGA are another level but if we play to our potential in every game 10-2 is not as crazy as I originally thought. Especially with aTm looking so bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    I am guessing Leach and the coaches love it. Has to make motivation an easier task.
    I would rather be Saban talking about how you didn?t play up to your potential than to say you are being disrespected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post

We have to demand more!
    Shall we storm the Clarion Ledger Lobby ?**
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I mean we have a pirate as our coach sooo?. Raise the black flag I guess!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    For the second week in a row, our team finished their game about 3-5 hours after the Football Final SEC show was filmed. We had zero coverage on that show, not even a discussion on how we are still playing at the time of taping.
    Given that they didn't cut highlights for that show, we missed the Monday recap shows as well. Not a single highlight was shown until Thursday's SEC Now show, and they only had two plays to show from the Memphis game.

This week will be the same, except we play LSU so they will have to at lease discuss us. Last week, we were playing Arizona and no one that watches the SEC network gives a shit about Arizona.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I think it is simply the fact that we have rarely been good enough to end the season ranked, therefore, why even consider us for an early season ranking. We have finished ranked in the AP 4 times since 2000. With that lack of a ranking history, they are going to take a wait and see approach to us every time. And they will never give us a benefit of the doubt coming off a 7-6 or worse record.

Can you blame them? We have finished ranked in the AP Top 25 exactly 1 season in which we were in the pre-season poll -1992
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think it is simply the fact that we have rarely been good enough to end the season ranked, therefore, why even consider us for an early season ranking. We have finished ranked in the AP 4 times since 2000. With that lack of a ranking history, they are going to take a wait and see approach to us every time. And they will never give us a benefit of the doubt coming off a 7-6 or worse record.

Can you blame them? We have finished ranked in the AP Top 25 exactly 1 season in which we were in the pre-season poll -1992
    I love it when you bring the facts
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    CBS sports poll, Dawgs at 23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I tried to start the give us respect assault with my thread here of the SEC channel's listing of logos should have "MState" before Ole Miss".***** Several of y'all said I had "little brother syndrome". Well thread made nafoom & I am "psychotic little brother" there. Seriously, win consistently and the respect and rankings will come. You can't win 7 games and end the season with the annual big loss to bama, not enough focus in another loss to OM, lose the bowl game and then expect early season ranking the next year after wins over OOC opponents Memphis & AZ which was 1-11 the previous year ( I don't care if they did bring in 50 new portal players). Continue the winning streak with LSU and we will be ranked and start to climb. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-12-2022 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    It's crazy but the YouTube college football guys give us way more respect than the SEC Network. The guys on That SEC Podcast think we should be around #15 after going to the West Coast and beating a P5 team by 3 touchdowns at 1 am central time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It’s not but I would replace Ole Miss with LSU. We could lose to LSU and still win 8 or 9 games. This team knows they have to beat Ole Miss this year, and I am pretty confident we will. That being said, I really don’t like BK as a person, but he is a good coach and will have LSU ready to play. I honestly think we lose Saturday but win against Ark at home even though Ark looks like the better team. My prediction of 8-4 is still the same after the first 2 games because there is not enough data yet to prove otherwise. We played 2 solid opponents and looked pretty good in both games. Bama and UGA are another level but if we play to our potential in every game 10-2 is not as crazy as I originally thought. Especially with aTm looking so bad
    If we finish 10-2 with losses only to Alabama and Georgia, we'll have a Top 10 ranking.

vCash
    Too early to have enough data for this ranking system, but we are #1 by a big margin.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...2-ratings.html