Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else less wooly today?

vCash

Anyone else less wooly today?

I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game, their players did not seem to be dialed in at all. Yet we could not put them away, that should have been a 55-10 type victory. It looked like we could not get into a rhythm on play calling for much of the game, maybe Leach should have napped during the day?

I know some will reply, "did you see all the missed calls?" Yes, it was terribly officiated, but that is our lot, we will always have to overcome that.

I am looking forward to LSU on Sunday, hopefully, our players/coaches were focused on that and that's why we couldn't pull away last night.

vCash
    No, I actually feel more confident we will play well against LSU

Given the unusual circumstances, I think we did fine. Arizona is one of those teams it’s hard to look good against. They have good talent, but when you add 50 new free agents through NIL/portal.....it’s going to take a long time to gel.

We are geared to play against SEC teams.

vCash
    I actually feel better after last night.

The vast majority of the years I've been an MSU fan, we would lose that game last night or it would have been a one score game. Instead we are pissed that we won by 22 on the road against a P5 opponent in a game that finished around 2 AM our time.

It's ok for us to not play our best and win games. It's going to happen and we saw yesterday it happened to a ton of teams. Our offense did whatever it wanted to whenever it wanted to and the only thing that stopped it was ourselves.

The whole transitive property of since we played sloppy against Arizona it will be even worse against LSU is ridiculous. We are favorites in Baton Rouge for a reason. Let's freaking act like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game, their players did not seem to be dialed in at all. Yet we could not put them away, that should have been a 55-10 type victory. It looked like we could not get into a rhythm on play calling for much of the game, maybe Leach should have napped during the day?

I know some will reply, "did you see all the missed calls?" Yes, it was terribly officiated, but that is our lot, we will always have to overcome that.

I am looking forward to LSU on Sunday, hopefully, our players/coaches were focused on that and that's why we couldn't pull away last night.
    there are about 10 of you who post shit like this no matter what. just shut the 17 up and quit being a bunch of negative pussies.

vCash
    As a State fan it is only natural to shed wool during the season, sometimes it falls out on it's own, sometimes you just yank it out in batches. This team is good but not great and when a good team plays at a "C" level this is what you get. Back in the day, the score would have been reversed, I guess that progress. No Alabama or Georgia here but better than the million dollar team known as A&M.

vCash
    Good grief. Same old shit from the same old people.

vCash
    So far looking at everyone in the SEC West it's wide open. Bama probably still holds the edge, but if they don't gel in the upcoming games they are beatable.

Kentucky looks like hot garbage and so did Florida. TAMU is very beatable. ARK will be tough, but we nearly beat (we did) them last year and this year their secondary is suspect. Ole Miss is taking care of business, but haven't met adversity yet.

All we need to do is take care of business and this could be a special year for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I actually feel better after last night.

The vast majority of the years I've been an MSU fan, we would lose that game last night or it would have been a one score game. Instead we are pissed that we won by 22 on the road against a P5 opponent in a game that finished around 2 AM our time.

It's ok for us to not play our best and win games. It's going to happen and we saw yesterday it happened to a ton of teams. Our offense did whatever it wanted to whenever it wanted to and the only thing that stopped it was ourselves.

The whole transitive property of since we played sloppy against Arizona it will be even worse against LSU is ridiculous. We are favorites in Baton Rouge for a reason. Let's freaking act like it.
    I agree and I feel slightly better. This is agame Leach would typically loose. We didn't play our A game (C+) still won big. Like Memphis, it could have been much worse. Not many SEC teams win on road against a P5 and we did. At end of year AZ will be a bowl team likely. It will look better down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    there are about 10 of you who post shit like this no matter what. just shut the 17 up and quit being a bunch of negative pussies.
    This. They weren't SEC level to be sure and we should've beat them worse. However, they were not a$$, and it was a good early season measuring stick. The lesson is play sloppy like that in any SEC game on our schedule except perhaps Auburn in Starkville and we will not win. Three straight drops by our receivers in the 2qtr (across two possessions) is what kept the Wildcats in the game. One was the INT. Catch those three and this is like 55-10.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

They were shell shocked and stun by the level of speed and strength of our D. Our D had their QB raddle all night. They looked bad but it was because State just whipped them on both side of the line and they could not mentally over come it.

I don't think State played a clean game but I stack that up to time. It was reality 10:00 at night physically for them. How many of our guys ever started a football game that late? I say none. How many of our guys started a second half after midnight. I say none. It did effect them. I know from being in the Marine Corp late night ops effected you a lot both mentally and physically. You were not as sharp. Play that game at 6:00 and state whips them 55 to 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree and I feel slightly better. This is agame Leach would typically loose. We didn't play our A game (C+) still won big. Like Memphis, it could have been much worse. Not many SEC teams win on road against a P5 and we did. At end of year AZ will be a bowl team likely. It will look better down the road.
    Ok, y'all you are making me feel better about it. We played a C/D game, but they played an F- game, agree we could have lost that game, but won by three TDs.

I'm, ready for some corndogs!

vCash
    Our team went out west and beat a P5 team by 3 touchdowns in a game that started at 10:00 CST a week after winning a game by 26 in the rain with a delay that caused the game to last 6 hours. Memphis beat Navy pretty handily and even though Navy isn't good I think Memphis is a decent team. Arizona may be bad but they definitely aren't the same team as their one win team from last year. A&M got beat by App State. Notre Dame got beat by Marshall. LSU didn't look good against FSU and probably didn't improve by playing Southern yesterday.
    I actually feel pretty good about Mississippi State's football team. I don't understand some of our fans's expectations.

vCash
    6-6

vCash
    Ok, y'all you are making me feel better about it. We played a C/D game, but they played an F- game, agree we could have lost that game, but won by three TDs.

I'm, ready for some corndogs!
    You gotta look at the detail. We played a C game due to us - tip ball int for them, lazy ball handling fumble. Went in prevent D before half and they got like 60 yards. AZ played bad I guess but mostly because of MSU - pressure on QB all night, Will picked them apart (he'll do that all year). OL gave up a sack or two but mostly coverage or Will fault not OL.

Banned
    vCash
    When does it change from "our opponent played like shit" to "we caused our opponent problems so they played like shit."?

Our defense flustered Zona all night. Our offense hums pretty well when our receivers don't drop the ball.

vCash
    Can the experts shed some light on our defense?

It looked like at least one WR was running free every play. Plus, every time De Laura scrambled he had lots of space to gain yards. Kid just wasted it trying to sling it (poorly).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vindastra View Post
    Can the experts shed some light on our defense?

It looked like at least one WR was running free every play. Plus, every time De Laura scrambled he had lots of space to gain yards. Kid just wasted it trying to sling it (poorly).
    The scrambling QB will lead to WR being open on the playground senario. Kinda like a busted play. I wouldn't be too concerned. We made lot of plays on ball.

Banned
    vCash
    Also I'm more wooly today but mainly because Auburn is as bad as I thought they were, A&M is as bad as I thought they were, Ark is about where I thought they were, Bama is worse than I thought, Kentucky is anemic on offense again.

Opportunity is there.

vCash
    I also think playing out west and game time 10 central was a little issue in our overall play. But we had control pretty much all night. Turnovers caused the game to be somewhat close as were a few officiating calls and no calls.

I thought our defense played well, Zona had opening drive but the rest of the game not much of a threat except from our turnovers.

If we play a “clean game” against the Corn Dogs we should win. Time to step up.

vCash
    Wtf, no, I feel more confident that we'll win 8 or 9 games now.