Thread: My amateur take, week Three

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

My amateur take, week Three

So we decided to take 3 entire quarters off this week, instead of 1.5.

The defense did what they needed to do, or offense failed them.

Our offense was just not good. This may be the worst called game in Leach?s career.

OL is not good. They can?t fire off and run block. They just let people bye in pass blocking. Don?t know what to say, really. They got out performed by two starting freshman tackles on the LSU line, and it wasn?t even close.

We had the ball, something like 5 times on their side of the field in the first half, starting the drive on their side 5 times. Zero points. Game over.

Dropped punt, game over.

Total refusal to throw something past the line of scrimmage for what seemed like 2 quarters, game over.

Wobbly ass throws, dropped passes, failure to block for a qb that cannot move, game over.

I started this season telling everyone to stop being a Puss and get behind this team, and this is the game we called on offense? Hmmmm.

Can Will get better? If not, if this is the best he can be, then we might as well move on to Sawyer. Sure, it will hurt for the rest of this season, but let?s be honest, with Bama in your division, one loss and you are already done, cause we are not beating them on the road.

So offense = F+
    Defense = C-
    Special Teams = F
    Offensive Coaching = F

Being total pussie$ with the play calling on offense = A

Tulu damn fine day returning kicks.
    Matter of fact Ra Ra and Tulu are the only two players getting praise from me. They came to play. Everyone else, no coffee for you.

vCash
    Remember to add our DBs can't tackle worth a shit. Had Daniels dead to rights on one of his TDs, hit him 3 times without wrapping up and he scores. And 44 is just too slow to cover anyone. Your points on the offense were totally correct but add that LSU made adjustments at halftime, IE rolling Daniels out and bullrushing because they weren't worried about any plays longer than 10yds being attempted. And thats on Leach.

vCash
    I will add, the team can be better and they will be better, and that is what pisses me off.

vCash
    And aTm is beating Miami. Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I will add, the team can be better and they will be better, and that is what pisses me off.
    As long as we play memphis and crappy PAC 12 teams. Look at TAM right now, Jimbo make the change at QB and some other minor adjustments and WaLa. The only team which we will be favored is Aubbie. Before we got exposed in the 3rd QTR I had us going 10-2 because of the vets we had, Now maybe 6-6. Hell Kiffen replaced most of his starters and he will be 9-3 maybe 10-2. Why because he can adapt to changing situations and not be a stick in the Mud.

vCash
    Well the DBs are scared to play tight coverage, so?

vCash
    Giving up the TD before was half huge, we had dominated on D all night and then we go into some prevent garbage. Gave LSU and their fans a lot of momentum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well the DBs are scared to play tight coverage, so?
    And can't tackle worth a shit.

vCash
    Look I love Will. Dude is a warrior. I like it when he is on. I like it when he gets in rhythm. But with inferior leg speed and inferior arm talent, if the defense just holds him up on his throw for 1 second, the entire offense is off. When he is accurate, he can overcome a little, but I will add, against SEC defenses we cannot rely on dink and dunk 12 play drives over and over again.

Case in point, when a team with a 3 man rush gets home, there is zero reasons why he should be able to avoid a 3 man rush to buy time for his guys to get open down field. Which we can?t do because he cannot move well. Defenses know about 30 yards is all he has on the throw distance. Zone on a small portion of the field forces us to go 12 plays to go 70 yards. In the SEC it is damn hard to do 12 plays without coughing it up. A drop here, or a holding there, might as well punt.

We will not play anyone willing to play us man to man. And everyone in the SEC can beat us with zone, except maybe Vandy.