Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone else less wooly today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Don't get me started on the down year narrative BS. People cain't math.

2014 is a great example of the myth of the down year.

LSU loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

Auburn loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

TAMU loses to State and is 7-5 instead of 8-4

State wins these three and is 10-2 instead of 7-5

"Normal" would be:

LSU 9-3
    Auburn 9-3
    TAMU 8-4
    MSU 7-5

...but we won those games instead of them. It is just arithmetic. There was no down year. They were "down" because we beat them. Two teams cannot win the same GD football game.
    Yes sir! There's a few of us on here who get it!

vCash
    We State fans are often too hard on our teams even when we win. It's like some expect us to play a perfect game in the victory. How many college teams play perfect games? I often read that Coach Leach wants constant improvement. I think this can and will lead to many victories. A win is a win, enjoy, improve and keep winning. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Don't get me started on the down year narrative BS. People cain't math.

2014 is a great example of the myth of the down year.

LSU loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

Auburn loses to State and is 8-4 instead of 9-3

TAMU loses to State and is 7-5 instead of 8-4

State wins these three and is 10-2 instead of 7-5

"Normal" would be:

LSU 9-3
    Auburn 9-3
    TAMU 8-4
    MSU 7-5

...but we won those games instead of them. It is just arithmetic. There was no down year. They were "down" because we beat them. Two teams cannot win the same GD football game.
    No one is as quick to dismiss our wins as quickly as the media and some "rational" MSU fans.

Bo Bounds will probably lead the charge followed up by Paul Finebaum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    We State fans are often too hard on our teams even when we win. It's like some expect us to play a perfect game in the victory. How many college teams play perfect games? I often read that Coach Leach wants constant improvement. I think this can and will lead to many victories. A win is a win, enjoy, improve and keep winning. Hail State!
    I agree. I think most fans of most SEC schools are like that.

The good news is most of our problems so far appear to be hiccups more than chronic problems. Especially now that maybe we have found a kicker. But I think those hiccups become more glaring when they do happen sometimes even though it's not really the norm.

vCash
    We are two games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. I think if we come out 5-1 in the first 6 games it will be a nice accomplishment. That means we are really in good position for a 9 win season if the pieces come together. Getting 9 wins at State is a big accomplishment when the team starts un ranked and picked 6th in the west. Mullen did it in 2010,2014,2015 and then Knox got the 9th in 2017. We haven’t won that many games since so if Leach can start doing that it’s a great sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No we weren't. We had 2 fumbles and an int for 3 tos. They had 3 ints so it's a wash.
    Ok, it's a wash. The turnover battle was equal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ok, it's a wash. The turnover battle was equal.
    It should have been -1 State but you know ripping Marks head off via face mask. That?s not really a penalty anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    It should have been -1 State but you know ripping Marks head off via face mask. That?s not really a penalty anymore.
    Was posted here 3 or 4 of the "officials" were from last year's Memphis debacle. If so, how about naming names. Must be part of the lowest rated officials in awful overall SEC crews available. They are more than glad to send us the bottom of the barrel for our OOC games on the road.

vCash
    Was posted here 3 or 4 of the "officials" were from last year's Memphis debacle. If so, how about naming names. Must be part of the lowest rated officials in awful overall SEC crews available. They are more than glad to send us the bottom of the barrel for our OOC games on the road.
    Brent Sowell, Chris Conway, Wes Booker, & Edwardo Balbis were part of both crews
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Brent Sowell, Chris Conway, Wes Booker, & Edwardo Balbis were part of both crews
    Can President Keenum or AD Cohen (former baseball coach) not do anything about this? This is a total insult after last year. The AZ "officiating" was as bad as Memphis except for the punt. It was more the multiple missed calls than what little they did call. No wonder we got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct on a coach. This is terrible. These guys are not only incompetent, but have it in for us.

vCash
    Can President Keenum or AD Cohen (former baseball coach) not do anything about this? This is a total insult after last year. The AZ "officiating" was as bad as Memphis except for the punt. It was more the multiple missed calls than what little they did call. No wonder we got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct on a coach. This is terrible. These guys are not only incompetent, but have it in for us.
    I wouldn’t attribute this to incompetence or malice. This has to be gambling interests. This is a dirty crew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I wouldn’t attribute this to incompetence or malice. This has to be gambling interests. This is a dirty crew.
    I would think that there is more truth to this than people want to believe.

vCash
    The football have nots, (all except for Bama, UGA, LSU, UF), should band together and demand change in officiating. For staters, list every possible conflict (ie., father played at Bama), have a published grade for each official for each game, have the head of officiating conduct a pubic press conference every Wednesday AM, discipline officials based on their game grade, more egregious calls should count more than a missed 4th quarter holding call in a blow out, hire more officials/ex coaches in the SEC office to provide oversight, grading, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They are a REALLY bad team.
    And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play. ... no they weren't Ohio State but they aren't Bowling Green either... enjoy the win and quit finding ways to shit on it
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 09-16-2022 at 09:36 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Has there been zero false starts so far this season? Need to keep that trend going

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play.
    Correct. AZ wasn't like LSU playing Southern. AZ is still a P5 program.

But it still amazes me that a 3 TD win two time zones away at 1am our time is just unacceptable to some folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    And we aren't UGA or Bama .... some folks are expecting more than this team can deliver.... we need to remember who we are and understand that we won't dominate every one we play. ... no they weren't Ohio State but they aren't Bowling Green either... enjoy the win and quit finding ways to shit on it
    Bravo, sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Bravo, sir!
    This,

This!

vCash
    I think we have a good team although there are a couple of things I wish we could improve upon. I wish we could be a better blitzing team and get to the QB more, and I wish we could pound the ball in by running when we get on the opponents goal line instead of passing.

vCash
    Do you folks understand my post now? Arizona was terrible last week and we struggled with them, that was a bad sign for me.