Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else less wooly today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think we are damn good.

I think if we continue to run the ball when teams line up in a 5 sometimes 4 man box, we will continue to kick ass. We really ran the ball well to start the game. I wish we had continue to do that, but our passing game was very solid.

My only concern is that when we passed and they rushed 3 and dropped 8, we struggled. Now we audibled into run plays a lot of those times, but there times when we had to pass and we still struggled to beat that coverage, and more importantly we gave up decent pressure when they rushed 3 and dropped 8 in a pass play.
    Hopefully LSU's DC outsmarts himself and tries to pressure us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I've been really happy with teams that continue to not be patient and start to blitz. We have hammered teams that blitz. Rodgers is awesome against man blitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    AZ played a lot of Cover 2 and Cloud. They did get some pressure rushing 3 but I think our OL was ready to get on the plane and go home at that point.

vCash
    Had I told you 2 months ago that we'd beat AZ on the road by 3 TDs, would you have been "less wooly" then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I've been really happy with teams that continue to not be patient and start to blitz. We have hammered teams that blitz. Rodgers is awesome against man blitz.
    Leach can't be patient against the cover 2 shell, but it appears the DC's aren't patient either. Hopefully that continues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Leach can't be patient against the cover 2 shell, but it appears the DC's aren't patient either. Hopefully that continues.
    Its been great. Every time I see 4-5 guys creeping up to the line of scrimmage, all i'm thinking is "This play is gonna work"

I think part of the problem for the teams we have played is that our RB's are too dynamic in the flat and they can't make the swing pass be 1-2 yard gain and it is routinely a 4-7 yard gain.

I thought Arizona was most effective when they rushed 3 and dropped 8. We didn't protect great and though we had some success, overall it wasn't our best. I just hope the DC's we play keep bringing heat because we will keep killing that coverage. Our pick play game is strong and we have shifty receivers that are really good in space.

vCash
    If you ain't at full wool then get to kicking rocks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Had I told you 2 months ago that we'd beat AZ on the road by 3 TDs, would you have been "less wooly" then?
    Yes, reading this board all summer, posters had us going 9-3 or 10-2, my initial guess is were will be a 7-6 or 8-4 type team, but i did fall into sunshine pumping camp. Arizona (at least Saturday night) was much worse than I anticipated and really had no plan the their players were not interested in the game at all. Based on all the sunshine pumped here, we should have won that game by 5 or 6 touchdowns. Arizona played one of the worst games I have seen in a while, and we struggled to put them away.

Sunday morning QBing is over, let's move on and get ready for the corndogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    When does it change from "our opponent played like shit" to "we caused our opponent problems so they played like shit."?

Our defense flustered Zona all night. Our offense hums pretty well when our receivers don't drop the ball.
    Yea, that's what happens when you dominate a team physically. You knock them off of their game and force them into running for their lives.

Every time someone play's UGA or Bama, they don't look like crap. They get dominated. Sign me up for some of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Yes, reading this board all summer, posters had us going 9-3 or 10-2, my initial guess is were will be a 7-6 or 8-4 type team, but i did fall into sunshine pumping camp. Arizona (at least Saturday night) was much worse than I anticipated and really had no plan the their players were not interested in the game at all. Based on all the sunshine pumped here, we should have won that game by 5 or 6 touchdowns. Arizona played one of the worst games I have seen in a while, and we struggled to put them away.
    You love shittin' on this team, don't cha?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

Sunday morning QBing is over, let's move on and get ready for the corndogs.
    AZ showed much promise and much better than a 1-11 returning team. But even in our C game we controlled the game and won on road late night in P5 stadium by 3 TDs. That is all Bulldog right there. That might have even been OK on a 1-11 team but this AZ team is much improved.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    Yea, that's what happens when you dominate a team physically. You knock them off of their game and force them into running for their lives.

Every time someone play's UGA or Bama, they don't look like crap. They get dominated. Sign me up for some of that.
    It's all about framing the discussion and who is the active participant. State fans have the weird affinity that we can't beat Bama, they can only **** up and lose to us. It extrapolated out to other games where if another team beats us, they played well and dominated us. If we beat them, they played bad and gave us a win. We're never the active participant to some people. News flash. We're 2 for 2 on soundly being the active participant and covering double digit spreads by 10+. And vegas already has us ranked top 10 while clearly being 10 points off on us.

If that doesn't get you excited idk what to tell you. We've got a real shot for the first time since 2014. West is open. We play our B+ game every game and we're at worst 9-3. We play our A+ game in two certain games and don't get a RAT performance... then my 20 to 1 bet on 10+ regular season wins looks real good.

vCash
    2021's team would have struggled but probably won at AZ and 2020's team probably would have lost. This 2022 team is good. UGA and Bama are easily 1&2 in the SEC but #3 is wide open. I've not seen anything yet that clearly shows we can't be that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    2021's team would have struggled but probably won at AZ and 2020's team probably would have lost. This 2022 team is good. UGA and Bama are easily 1&2 in the SEC but #3 is wide open. I've not seen anything yet that clearly shows we can't be that team.
    I saw a thread on sec rant where a lot of folks think Arkansas is that #3 team. We are every bit as good as they are.

vCash
    What? We should roll LSU and keep pushing forward on a great season. We have cruised thru these 1st 2 games. Saturday shows how damn good we are
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm happy winning on the road by 3 td's against any P5. That said, I still see an issue on defense, but the SEC West is not scaring me much this year. Bama will blow us out, but everyone else is beatable with our offense. We have a decent chance Saturday. Not a big chance but decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Agree 100%. Ark, UT, UK, UF, TAMU, etc. ain't got nothing on us at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I'm happy winning on the road by 3 td's against any P5. That said, I still see an issue on defense, but the SEC West is not scaring me much this year. Bama will blow us out, but everyone else is beatable with our offense. We have a decent chance Saturday. Not a big chance but decent.
    Few things on Bama that gives us a punchers chance - their WR group is weakest I've seen in years. Their OL don't look dominant to me. Their secondary looks the weakest I've seen in years too. A weak secondary playing against a weak WR group in fall may have fooled Bama a little. Those matchups favor MSU.

Not saying we will win but we have a punchers chance if we get a few breaks. Would be better if at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Few things on Bama that gives us a punchers chance - their WR group is weakest I've seen in years. Their OL don't look dominant to me. Their secondary looks the weakest I've seen in years too. A weak secondary playing against a weak WR group in fall may have fooled Bama a little. Those matchups favor MSU.

Not saying we will win but we have a punchers chance if we get a few breaks. Would be better if at home.
    To add to your point about the secondary, remember that Saban wanted Marcus Banks to stay. He looked good Saturday, albeit against AZ's second team. Glad we managed to take some of Bama's depth. Ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    To add to your point about the secondary, remember that Saban wanted Marcus Banks to stay. He looked good Saturday, albeit against AZ's second team. Glad we managed to take some of Bama's depth. Ha.
    Yeah and Banks many say would start at Bama and yet he is 2nd team at MSU - what does that tell you.