Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else less wooly today?

vCash
    Just eliminate turnovers on offense and see what we do. It seems like the defense allows half the points they allow after we turn the ball over.

We may have found a kicker too.

I like where we're at. We're just not a finished product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Also I'm more wooly today but mainly because Auburn is as bad as I thought they were, A&M is as bad as I thought they were, Ark is about where I thought they were, Bama is worse than I thought, Kentucky is anemic on offense again.

Opportunity is there.
    Agree. We get Ark at home too. I gave us no shot on Bama but after yesterday we have a slim shot. Other than UGA and Bama, we should not beat. UK is luckiest team playin. Richardson is horrible at QB. Any preseason idiot putting him above Will should be fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I actually feel better after last night.

The vast majority of the years I've been an MSU fan, we would lose that game last night or it would have been a one score game. Instead we are pissed that we won by 22 on the road against a P5 opponent in a game that finished around 2 AM our time.

It's ok for us to not play our best and win games. It's going to happen and we saw yesterday it happened to a ton of teams. Our offense did whatever it wanted to whenever it wanted to and the only thing that stopped it was ourselves.

The whole transitive property of since we played sloppy against Arizona it will be even worse against LSU is ridiculous. We are favorites in Baton Rouge for a reason. Let's freaking act like it.
    This 100%. It's a fact in Years past we would've lost this game instead we won comfortably. We have an excellent culture that's been built where our team doesn't fade and wilt when they get some adversity. Anyone watch bama yesterday? They absolutely sucked but found a way to win. If you're doing to be a good program you have to win these kind of games. It's
    Like a pitcher winning when he doesn't hav his best stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Good grief. Same old shit from the same old people.
    Never fails does it? A freaking 23 point win 2000 miles from home in the middle of the night and people find a reason to whine? Gimme a break

vCash
    Urban was touting Richardson, he’s bigger and faster than Cam, he’s unstoppable etc etc... national media jumped on the hype wagon

He’s a horrible passer. They are overrated. Typical BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This 100%. It's a fact in Years past we would've lost this game instead we won comfortably. We have an excellent culture that's been built where our team doesn't fade and wilt when they get some adversity. Anyone watch bama yesterday? They absolutely sucked but found a way to win. If you're doing to be a good program you have to win these kind of games. It's
    Like a pitcher winning when he doesn't hav his best stuff.
    Exactly. Bama was two day old dog shit run over by your lawn mower bad yesterday. And it took every ounce of effort Texas had just to get within FG range. And good teams win those games.

Our own fans seem to forget that even in our better seasons you have flat bad games that you win because that's the difference in 6-6 and 10-2. How many terrible games did we play in '99 that we came back and won? 4? 2014 we played at least 3 stinkers that we had to gut out - not to mention games like LSU and Auburn where Dan went conservative and let teams back in when we should have really blown them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Urban was touting Richardson, he’s bigger and faster than Cam, he’s unstoppable etc etc... national media jumped on the hype wagon

He’s a horrible passer. They are overrated. Typical BS
    He's a faster Chris relf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    When does it change from "our opponent played like shit" to "we caused our opponent problems so they played like shit."?

Our defense flustered Zona all night. Our offense hums pretty well when our receivers don't drop the ball.
    This.

And we gifted them their points and whatever momentum they enjoyed.

vCash
    Nope. As others have stated in the past that?s a game we lose

vCash
    [QUOTE=viverlibre;1446339]I can't overstate how bad Arizona was last night. They played terribly, were coached poorly and looked not at all prepared for the game,

Are you freaking serious? They took the ball to start the game and marched it right down the field in six plays.....I'd say they were fired up......then MSU matched them on offense and then the defense caused their mobile quarterback to run for his life the rest of the game.... it was a solid road win... they came out hot but got slapped back into submission.

vCash
    I was concerned about our defense when Arizona marched down the field and scored a TD only 2 minutes into the game, but that concern didn't last long. I think we'll be OK. But we have a tough schedule. 10 games left, and 4 of those are Top 10, 6 of those are in the Top 25, and we play #1 and #2 (and those two should remain there all year). It's interesting when our two "easiest" conference games are against LSU and Auburn. 8-4 could be a really good year.

vCash
    Arnett really good at making adjustments when he sees what an offense is trying to do and he did it again last night.

vCash
    He's a faster Chris relf
    A faster Chris Relf whose coach is trying to utilize as a passer first.

Napier took a huge hit in my book after that game. Their RB's were gashing UK on the ground, but instead of trying to capitalize on that and get your athletic QB who you have to know is a horrible passer at this point involved in the run game, you have him stand in the pocket and throw 35 passes. I'm really not sure what he was thinking with that gameplan unless Richardson somehow had him fooled about his passing ability up to that point. Run your QB more, avoiding throwing those two awful picks in the process, and UF wins that game easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    A faster Chris Relf whose coach is trying to utilize as a passer first.

Napier took a huge hit in my book after that game. Their RB's were gashing UK on the ground, but instead of trying to capitalize on that and get your athletic QB who you have to know is a horrible passer at this point involved in the run game, you have him stand in the pocket and throw 35 passes. I'm really not sure what he was thinking with that gameplan unless Richardson somehow had him fooled about his passing ability up to that point. Run your QB more, avoiding throwing those two awful picks in the process, and UF wins that game easily.
    100% agree. Their gameplan sucked.

vCash
    Arnett really good at making adjustments when he sees what an offense is trying to do and he did it again last night.
    that is my take on arnett also

vCash
    And Bo Bounds thinks he's mediocre at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And Bo Bounds thinks he's mediocre at best.
    Bo's opinion isn't important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Bo's opinion isn't important.
    He needs to stick to selling bourbon and steaks. His football depth is shallow.

vCash
    Never fails does it? A freaking 23 point win 2000 miles from home in the middle of the night and people find a reason to whine? Gimme a break
    I know Arizona is bad, but Memphis was bad last year. I'm not happy we played pretty sloppy, but playing sloppy, gifting the other team points and leaving points on the field, and winning by 3 TDs is usually a good sign for your team.

The only reason I'm not ready to call for 10 wins is that I'm still not sure if our OL can handle an elite pass rusher, and then having UGA and UK from the east just doesn't leave any room for error, even if Auburn, LSU, and A&M are as beatable or more beatable than thought at the beginning of the season.

vCash
    I think we are damn good.

I think if we continue to run the ball when teams line up in a 5 sometimes 4 man box, we will continue to kick ass. We really ran the ball well to start the game. I wish we had continue to do that, but our passing game was very solid.

My only concern is that when we passed and they rushed 3 and dropped 8, we struggled. Now we audibled into run plays a lot of those times, but there times when we had to pass and we still struggled to beat that coverage, and more importantly we gave up decent pressure when they rushed 3 and dropped 8 in a pass play.