Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Frost Gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think Urban winds up at ND. And I don't think Bjork has the stones to fire Jimbo. They'll give him one more year of incompetence.
    Look at their schedule. If they lose to Miami Saturday before starting SEC play...... boy they could lose the lockerroom FAST and they could not make a bowl game.

The NIL 5 stars do not have to stay there to keep the money, they can transfer after this year and go anywhere. Jimbo is definitely on the hot seat right now.

He could be 1-5 after the Alabama game very easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Look at their schedule. If they lose to Miami Saturday before starting SEC play...... boy they could lose the lockerroom FAST and they could not make a bowl game.

The NIL 5 stars do not have to stay there to keep the money, they can transfer after this year and go anywhere. Jimbo is definitely on the hot seat right now.

He could be 1-5 after the Alabama game very easily.
    Jimbo's a snake oil salesman. Bjork is a slime ball. Max Johnson will probably start vs Miami. Either way I look for the portal to be ripe w/ A&M transfers come December.

vCash
    Jimbo's a snake oil salesman. Bjork is a slime ball. Max Johnson will probably start vs Miami. Either way I look for the portal to be ripe w/ A&M transfers come December.
    I think Miami beats them this weekend.... he can beat auburn and LSU and maybe possibly ole miss and manage a 6-6 7-5 season but Im not so sure he will adjust his offense because that offense is what he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think Miami beats them this weekend.... he can beat auburn and LSU and maybe possibly ole miss and manage a 6-6 7-5 season but Im not so sure he will adjust his offense because that offense is what he is.
    They call Leach a dinosaur but Jimbo is running the same O as 2003 with Saban at LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    They need a relentless recruiter to have a prayer at relevancy and I think it's pretty clearly established at this point that Dan's not that guy.
    They need a guy who can recruit SoCal like they used to.

vCash
    I don’t think Nebraska will be able to get a big name nowadays like they might have been able too in the past. That’s the reason they had to go with Frost who really wasn’t proven enough yet. I realize their fans probably think they can land an Urban Meyer type hire, but I doubt that will happen. Frost wasn’t even a Power 5 coach and even we landed Leach. They might need to go a power 5 coordinator route. Maybe they could look at Fickell but Cincy is going to be power 5 now and pulling him away from his home state might be hard. Kleiman might be an option, but I feel like their fans would not be thrilled with him even though he has been solid at KState

vCash
    They have got to do what arky did. Find someone that fits your school like a glove that forced your team to play mean and nasty and will bring in good to great coordinators and build your program. They have the talent to do what arky does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    They have got to do what arky did. Find someone that fits your school like a glove that forced your team to play mean and nasty and will bring in good to great coordinators and build your program. They have the talent to do what arky does.
    What about Bert Belima?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    What about Bert Belima?
    I mean maybe? I think belima matches the true big10 more so than a big12 team trying to play big10 ball.

Arky figured out who they are and went out and found a coach that matches them.

I think Nebraska keeps trying to land a big fish for a big fish sake and that?s just not going to work.

vCash
    They call Leach a dinosaur but Jimbo is running the same O as 2003 with Saban at LSU.
    I heard someone say yesterday that he should try to steal Kendall Briles from Arkansas to be his OC and said that is basically what saban did but jimbo is the offensive guy.... that is his offense that they are running. If the offense isn't working they are just going to have to find a new Head Coach.

Not sold that they will fire him this year ( If he is at least 6-6)

vCash
    I am a first time poster. I have trolled this board for two years just because I have been a fan of Mike Leach since he was OC at Oklahoma. I have enjoyed watching all of you go through all the phases of being a Mike Leach follower. IT has been fun. I will start posting here now that I have introduced myself. In sticking with this topic though...I live in Nebraska and I arrived shortly before the Husker dynasty started in the 90s. I watched the players impregnate half the girls in Lincoln (I am only slightly kidding), and I have watched the Huskers tread water for the last 20 years. I can tell you right now Nebraska's problem isn't just coaching--It is a lot of things but I am going to call it like I see it as I have boots on the ground in Lincoln and all around. Nebraska is stuck in the past (that is what we do around here) and wants the glory days back. IMO after rooming with, hanging out with, and being a part of this football culture, it is very obvious what Nebraska needs. If you read the local papers down here you would think that Nebraska is the most talented team in the B1G and SF screwed it up. I see good players, not great ones. MSU would dog stomp nebraska into oblivion because there is a lack of talent. Nebraska just needs an identity and the donors think that is option football. The players think that is doing what everyone else is doing. It is a fine line. I have given you all this information without much context and I could elaborate--However, IMO again I will leave it at this-Nebraska culture is what it is and needs a forcible change all at once.-I think for many reasons, it is time for Nebraska to think outside of the box and hire someone that is charismatic, the opposite of what they want and exactly what they need. There is not a hotbed of recruiting even close, everyone hates the winters, and option football is not sexy to todays players. Nebraska has to go all in on the option in some form--OR they need to hire the most off the wall person to get the job done. Here are my top 3 choices.... Jeff Monken, JAmie Chadwell, and--dont take this as being racist...Nebraska needs to hire their first coach of color--and no I am not WOKE. I know it sounds crazy but I am thinking Deion Sanders would be a perfect fit. I say that with all due respect and as a person of color living in this state. going back to something I said earlier... Most of those players from the 90s have kids playing football in HS in this state and dont even send their super athletic kids to Nebraska because the huskers expect local talent to walk on, leaving scholarships for out of state talent. It's a crazy deal. These ex players that I generally see on a weekly basis would absolutely send their kids to play for Sanders--Even if he bombed out the cupboard would not be bare--They should probably hire me as a member of the search committee. You are welcome Nebraska. Sorry for this inarticulate rant but I had some things to get off my chest.