Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Pac-12 After Dark Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Pac-12 After Dark Edition

1. No cooking anything good yesterday for me. Up at 4:45am to get ready to coach an 11am kickoff. I hate Saturday 11am kickoffs even more now.

2. Another good win for the Bulldogs. Another money maker for us degenerates out there. Little 34 and Little Wool get fries this Tuesday at BWW's creating another great Dad moment. Draftkings had us at -3 on LSU a couple of days ago. We'll see where it is this afternoon. My guess is around -2 to a Pick

3. Loved the 1st half last night. Pretty balanced offense. We had 98 yards rushing along with 108 passing. Finally enjoyed watching us play a little. Unfortunately that changed as we didnt even run the ball once in the 3rd Q and finished with 106 yards rushing. 8 yards rushing in the 2nd half. Gross

4. Rogers is continuing to do a great job of distributing the football to our solid depth of WR's in the Airbone. 8 WR's caught passes last night. Of course a RB is still the leading pass catcher in the Airbone offense, but it is what it is. Not real happy to see the dropped pass leading to the interception or the weakness of Calvin leading to the fumble and subsequent TD by Arizona giving them momentum and getting them back in the game. Same with Marks but he got bailed out by the D on his. 3 TO's in Baton Rouge likely costs you the ballgame. Got to clean that up.

5. 2 missed XP's- seriously? Thats terrible. Leach made the change after and the next kicker came thru. Kinda makes you nervous heading into next week as well.

6. Pass pro has been solid to this point. 3 sacks allowed in 2 ballgames. For as much as we throw the ball, thats pretty good. Jones and Dolla bill got their holding penalties the right way. They got beat and rather than get your QB hit- they grabbed hold and didnt let them go. 10 is always better than getting your QB hit hard or hurt. Smith not playing too bad so far either at RG. They will be tested this coming Saturday on the road in BR. Expect a couple of false starts in that freak show of a stadium.

7. D-Line has looked very good and met expectations. Very physical. While we have only gotten 3 sacks total in the 2 games- we have put pressure of QB's and forcing mistakes and errant throws. Arizona's QB extended some plays with his legs that both helped and hurt them. LSU has a guy that will do the same. Arizona's extended the play to throw- LSU's will take off and run in a second. We need to make him feel it when he does.

8. We are big on D. Have that length also you look for. Jett's all over the place but still struggles in coverage. He is the modern version of Danny Boyd. Really liking the physicality of our D so far. Depth is playing well. That's the key as we move toward SEC play.

9. Got to improve in Goal to Go situations. 1st and goal at the 2 right before half and we squander it to settle for a FG. We did a better job in the 4th when we got the offensive pass interference penalty to overcome that. Took a 4th down conversion to do it tho.

10. The SEC remains Bammer and Georgia then everybody else. Kentucky and Tennessee are who they were expected to be and UPig is extremely physical. But their pass D is atrocious right now. A&M continues to A&M. Mississippi has a QB controvery and hasnt played anyone yet. Auburn is not good. Really shaping up for us to get to 10 wins- we have to play good ballgames in Lexington and Oxford. Maybe come up with a special game in StarkVegas against Jawja for an 11th win. We have met expectations thru 2 weeks. Huge game for us Saturday against a decent but not good team at their place.

HailState
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-11-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Woody’s fumble was because. Of the face mask the blind ass Refs didn’t call.

vCash
    Still no excuse. The defender put his helmet on the ball and he coughed it up

vCash
    Thanks, C34 for staying awake last night.

Banned
    vCash
    2. We'll open up as pickem to +1, Action network is pretty spot on with their power ratings for where Vegas puts us. They have us #8 and at 89. LSU at 86. Move the line 3-4 for home game. Boom. It opens as a pickem to +1.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...-power-ratings

3. How did you not enjoy the 85 yard drive where we got a holding penalty but still scored? Rogers didn't miss a beat and looked phenomenal. We don't have to hand the ball off to look fun. That drive looked fun.

10. The SEC is Georgia then Bammer then everyone else. There's a clear distinction until Bill OBrien leaves Gump ville. Colonel BearShark has no controversy. Luke was hurt so now it's Dart's show. Have another 20+ point win this week and we'll start flying up the rankings a la 2014. Aggy going to start the year 1-5.

Banned
    vCash
    Extension to #2.

We opened -8.5 at arizona and closed -12.5, sharp money came in sat night and bumped it up before kickoff. Sharps are going to be betting us all year while we fly under the radar.

vCash
    Turnovers sucked. Wish we would have run the ball more in the second half to shorten the game. I'm glad we got our first away game out of the way - and with a win. We'll be better off at LSU this weekend because of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Extension to #2.

We opened -8.5 at arizona and closed -12.5, sharp money came in sat night and bumped it up before kickoff. Sharps are going to be betting us all year while we fly under the radar.
    It opened at -7 on Draftkings and somebody made a huge bet on us because they locked it down for a hours. Then it opened back up later on Sunday night at -9 where I quickly hit it before it went up anymore. Last night's performance by LSU certainly will probably move it to a Pick

vCash
    I don’t understand why teams don’t go under center on the goal line ? My sons HS team does the same thing, tries to score out of the shotgun on goal line, I don’t get it.

I’d like to see us run wildcat with one of our quick backs or receivers that played q b in HS.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I don’t understand why teams don’t go under center on the goal line ? My sons HS team does the same thing, tries to score out of the shotgun on goal line, I don’t get it.

I’d like to see us run wildcat with one of our quick backs or receivers that played q b in HS.
    Because we had one drive that failed. With Will throwing more 3-12 range throws, this offense works at the goal line.

Fades to Ducking are getting quite a hit rate. He's going to big boy a lot of DBs at the goal line. I think iron sharpened iron with him and Forbes. Endzone fade reps in practice between those two had to be electric

vCash
    Ive been watching Leach offense since he was hired at Tech, I am very familiar with it.

My comment is more general for all spread teams whether it’s passing or running spread teams.....that use shotgun on the goal line.

It would seem to me , it would be more efficient if you went under center on the one yard line. Less likely to turn it over, closer to the line of scrimmage/goal line.

It would be great if we had Tulu or Price back there in wildcat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Fades to Ducking are getting quite a hit rate. He's going to big boy a lot of DBs at the goal line. I think iron sharpened iron with him and Forbes. Endzone fade reps in practice between those two had to be electric
    No doubt, good analogy.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I don?t understand why teams don?t go under center on the goal line ? My sons HS team does the same thing, tries to score out of the shotgun on goal line, I don?t get it.

I?d like to see us run wildcat with one of our quick backs or receivers that played q b in HS.
    Because they don’t ever go under center and the risk of fumbling it when you’re not used to taking a snap that way is Much higher.

vCash
    Good analysis, C34. Agree with all:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Because they don’t ever go under center and the risk of fumbling it when you’re not used to taking a snap that way is Much higher.
    I think that’s the thinking. My sons HS team runs out of the spread, and they don’t have confidence the kids can go under center on goal line.

We actually pass better down there if we have some room inside the red zone....

vCash
    Love the fades to Ducking, but he seems to immediately fall to the turf on plays over the middle when he sees contact coming. No YAC, even a yard or two could hurt us. Calvin only had about 250 yds last year and is not physical at all. Our depth now requires his snaps go to someone else. End zone dancing on TD's will soon cost us celebration penalties. Just stop. This crew of officials are the worse in very bad SEC pool. Hope film and protests are on the way to SEC office. They should never call another game for us. AW is a grown man and clutch. Clean up mistakes and play 4 strong quarters for a victory at LSU. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-11-2022 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Love the fades to Ducking, but he seems to immediately fall to the turf on plays over the middle when he sees contact coming. No YAC, even a yard or two could hurt us. Calvin only had about 250 yds last year and is not physical at all. Our depth now requires his snaps go to someone else. End zone dancing on TD's will soon cost us celebration penalties. Just stop. This crew of officials are the worse in very bad SEC pool. Hope film and protests are on the way to SEC office. They should never call another game for us. AW is a grown man and clutch. Clean up mistakes and play 4 strong quarters for a victory at LSU. Hail State!
    Agree with all that except for Calvin. He’s a little guy and got gang tackled and stripped-it happens. He’s not out there to run people over, see last game where he made a one handed grab thrown behind him in traffic. He’s got a long established track record of being a good reliable reciever.

vCash
    Agree with all that except for Calvin. He’s a little guy and got gang tackled and stripped-it happens. He’s not out there to run people over, see last game where he made a one handed grab thrown behind him in traffic. He’s got a long established track record of being a good reliable reciever.
    Good point on Calvin. I stand corrected. Hope he bounces back with good game at LSU.

vCash
    Agree with all that except for Calvin. He?s a little guy and got gang tackled and stripped-it happens. He?s not out there to run people over, see last game where he made a one handed grab thrown behind him in traffic. He?s got a long established track record of being a good reliable reciever.
    Boo-phucking-who. Protect the damn ball. There are no "that's ok Sweetie" in football.

vCash
    This is Calvins fifth year of playing receiver in college and this is the first fumble he’s lost in five years, so I think I will cut him a little slack.

I also wouldn’t blame Marks for his so called fumble.