Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hargrove (RB) is in the Portal???

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

Hargrove (RB) is in the Portal???

Just came across my feed?..any details?
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

vCash
    Its simply the new era of college football.

vCash
    Price had passed him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Just came across my feed?..any details?
    Dang, figured that was coming at some point. Really wanted to see him. He made a big splash in camp as a freshman with upper classmen. That ain't easy to do. Someone probably gonna get a real good RB.

Agree that Price really looked good in game one. I like what I saw and pretty excited about him.

vCash
    Hargrove is talented, though. I think he’d be awesome at somewhere like Memphis or USM. He was committed to La Tech for a while. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him land there

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Hargrove is talented, though. I think he’d be awesome at somewhere like Memphis or USM. He was committed to La Tech for a while. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him land there
    I actually came here to post something very similar to this. Good comment
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    That sucks. Big time offer list. He was the third back but Price has passed him on the depth chart.

Banned
    vCash
    Kids wanna play now and not later. Good problem to have. Says we're trending up as a program to lose a quality player due to lack of playing time.

vCash
    He's going to wait til end of season and see now. To announce that right before going to AZ is not good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Kids wanna play now and not later. Good problem to have. Says we're trending up as a program to lose a quality player due to lack of playing time.
    That's a bad take. We're going to always play two RBs. At least one, maybe both will test the waters after this season. We need him to stay. He can play. Just because he's not the number one doesn't mean anything. He's one injury from plying right now. Him staying now at least gives him time to see and think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That's a bad take. We're going to always play two RBs. At least one, maybe both will test the waters after this season. We need him to stay. He can play. Just because he's not the number one doesn't mean anything. He's one injury from plying right now. Him staying now at least gives him time to see and think.
    Certainly this is the case. We have had years with injuries and just because you are not starting in game 1 or 2 doesn't mean that you won't get playing time or be #1 at the end of the year. This is in large part due to lack of maturity (afterall they are 18-21 yo) and poor guidance from family and others.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'd rather him stay no doubt. But it's a good problem in a vacuum. For Hargrove it is dumb because we rotate so many guys in. And Marks / DJ could be day 3 draft guys. But guys entering the portal that are quality because of lack of playing time means we've got quality ahead of him. It's a problem Bama, Georgia, etc have. Don't see them struggling.

vCash
    Yeah, he withdrew his name from it.

Not sure how the staff will handle that from here, but we are not going to be hurting on offense with Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'd rather him stay no doubt. But it's a good problem in a vacuum. For Hargrove it is dumb because we rotate so many guys in. And Marks / DJ could be day 3 draft guys. But guys entering the portal that are quality because of lack of playing time means we've got quality ahead of him. It's a problem Bama, Georgia, etc have. Don't see them struggling.
    Or we ain't playing the right one. Don't say that don't happen. We all have recent examples at several positions. I will admit, I haven't noticed gross errors with this coaching staff. Joe and Dan did it some.

vCash
    Oh, so Leach ain't playing the correct players now? Please explain...........I'll hang up and listen.

vCash
    Is this coaching staff even working with these guys to encourage them to stay or at least explain to them WHY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Oh, so Leach ain't playing the correct players now? Please explain...........I'll hang up and listen.
    I'm just giving a possibility. None of us know what is going on and we ain't seen Hargrove play yet. Get off your high horse. I never said that is what is happening. Bottom line everyone can't play and he wants to play and thinks he should be playing.

Hopefully he hangs on. When Marks and Johnson are gone it will be he and Price show.

vCash
    So is he staying on the team? How do we trust him going forward?

Obviously if Leach forgives him, I do too automatically and that's the end of the discussion with me, but why give any reps to someone who has already walked out on the team and is planning to again?

vCash
    He’s a very talented player. He will have his day if he stays, looks like he will. It would be nice to have a home run threat that can step in there.

Really good players can get frustrated waiting their turn, easy to understand that. Smart move to stay where he is. NFL is looking for backs that are equal threats catching the ball and rushing.