Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usm/Will Hall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    When you are new and trying to drum up support, attacking the support is not the best idea. He should have sent a friendly invite for more fans not an attack. Yeah like I'd want to go support a coach that just insulted me, oh and he is losing on top of that. Not going to end well for him if that is the trend.
    kinda like telling folks to kick rocks and pound sand ? ... I remember that not going over to well
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    kinda like telling folks to kick rocks and pound sand ? ... I remember that not going over to well
    About like a turd in the punch bowl. Hall better tread lightly down in Hattiesburg.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Mullen handled this much better in his first year that this cat did. During the first year's Road Dawgs Tour, Mullen discussed the levels of fandom and what happens when you support the team from top to bottom.
    That one Road Dawgs tour pretty much changed our fanbase. That and he put a team on the field that showed signs of life. The fans show up, create an atmosphere, and then the wins start coming. It took two years, but Mullen started getting better recruits, better staffs, and wins started coming and the overall program stabilized. Now, would it have happened anyway, maybe.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Mullen handled this much better in his first year that this cat did. During the first year's Road Dawgs Tour, Mullen discussed the levels of fandom and what happens when you support the team from top to bottom.
    That one Road Dawgs tour pretty much changed our fanbase. That and he put a team on the field that showed signs of life. The fans show up, create an atmosphere, and then the wins start coming. It took two years, but Mullen started getting better recruits, better staffs, and wins started coming and the overall program stabilized. Now, would it have happened anyway, maybe.
    Dan created enough excitement to get a sting of sell-outs going which led to the End-zone expansion ... Dan was really good at a time when we needed it and although I didn't like the way he left or kept flirting with other schools - I have to admit that what he accomplished here should not go unappreciated
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Exactly. Joe M went Joe B. (or vice versa) insulting the people. You just can't do that and win hearts and minds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    This is the kicker. The turnaround that Mullen did with the same talent from previous year was blantantly clear that we made a huge move and that big things could be coming.

I didn't agree with everything Mullen did in the first few years narrative but the on the field results spoke for itself.