Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, at yesterday's LSU Presser, Kelly called out a reporter. Her response was great.

vCash

So, at yesterday's LSU Presser, Kelly called out a reporter. Her response was great.

This is from The Sporting News but things are already getting just a bit testy in Tiger Land......

LSU coach Brian Kelly called out a reporter for arriving late to his Tuesday media availability. The reporter had an immediate, and rather pointed, comeback for which she later apologized.

Just before Kelly opened his press conference to questions, he made a reference to The (Baton Rouge) Advocate's Leah Vann, who had just arrived, for not being on time, although he did not identify her by name. He said he was fining Vann $10 and that the money would go toward a postseason bash.

Vann's response? "Maybe if you win, I'll be on time." Kelly's Tigers are, of course, coming off a 24-23 loss to LSU on Sunday night that left the $90 million coach open for more criticism in his first season after leaving Notre Dame.

Kelly, not looking pleased, responded: "I don't think it has anything to do with winning. I think it has to do with being on time."

Vann addressed her comment by posting a Twitter thread after the availability. She said that she apologized to Kelly for her retort.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

vCash
    That place, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That place, lol.
    It would've been even better if she responded by saying, "don't you have to win games for a post season".
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    How embarrassing. It's just another symptom of the disease that has infected American journalism. It's a shame how unprofessional that "profession" has become. It really is a cesspool.

vCash
    Agreed. The journalist comment was childish. His response was best.

vCash
    Brian Kelly deserves this treatment.

He is well known at every stop he has made for throwing people under the bus and never taking much responsibility when things go poorly. This is just karma. He chose the wrong crowd to start off on the wrong foot with.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Brian Kelly deserves this treatment.

He is well known at every stop he has made for throwing people under the bus and never taking much responsibility when things go poorly. This is just karma. He chose the wrong crowd to start off on the wrong foot with.
    Sorry to disappoint you... this is nothing

https://twitter.com/lvann_sports/sta...AEqVd9txH41ifw

vCash
    Brian Kelly is a murderer. He sent that young man up high on that scissor lift at ND to film practice in a dangerous wind situation.

Haven't cared for him ever since. Life and safety are more important than football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Yeah well that may very well be but his expression and body language tell me otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

*shrug* I have no dog in this fight, was just pointing out that the buck doesn't stop with him.

Also, as MaroonFlounder said, he basically murdered a kid (negligent homicide, really) and faced zero repercussions. I had forgotten about that. He deserves worse.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Reporter should not have said that, but Brian Kelly has no room to talk about anything after not facing consequences for that kids death. He should have lost his job at the very minimum

Archimedes
    vCash
    He said that on purpose to get the attention away from the game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    How embarrassing. It's just another symptom of the disease that has infected American journalism. It's a shame how unprofessional that "profession" has become. It really is a cesspool.
    Hey guess what bud, journalist are not there to suck him off. "His" comments were unprofessional, and I am damn proud she called him on his shit. No one has to take his shit. She does not work for him.
    People are late from time to time, that is no place to call out someone who doesn't work for you, like 17n Brian Kelly is something special.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Agreed. The journalist comment was childish. His response was best.
    Disagree, who TF is he to comment on her. It is not like she was holding up the show.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Hey guess what bud, journalist are not there to suck him off. "His" comments were unprofessional, and I am damn proud she called him on his shit. No one has to take his shit. She does not work for him.
    People are late from time to time, that is no place to call out someone who doesn't work for you, like 17n Brian Kelly is something special.
    Read the Twitter thread. She apologized bc she was indeed in the wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    What this^ cat says.

I'm not gonna get all in to the deal about the kid that died at ND, but Kelly signed up for this $$$$hit. He needs to have tougher skin, be more professional, and, most importantly, WIN.

If I were to see him on the street, I'd say: "Hey, Kelly, it ALL has to do with winning in this environment. See ya again in 2 years when Saban hires you to hand feed him Lil Debbies."

I don't think the poor guy knows he ain't in Kansas, anymore.

ETA: she was bein' unprofessional too.. but that's what reporters do...
    Last edited by TUSK; 09-07-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    If a CL reporter had said the exact same thing to the exact same comment from mike leach, the exact ones that are mad at Kelly would be mad at the reporter. That's what irks me about it. The woman that made the comment apologized, and they joked about it afterward. Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't generate the hate for sec coaches these days just bc they don't coach my team.

vCash
    Her response was inappropriately mismatched. Winning is not a condition for being on time. It’s part of being a professional.

vCash
    She apologized because unlike Kelly, she is a decent human being and indeed professional. Not only because she was wrong. The entire situation was wrong, started by Sir Dipshit Asshat