Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riddle Me This.... MSU's Ranking

vCash
    I like Robbie Faulk but if he didn’t vote us top 25 and we have garbage like BYU ranked
    And ole miss, then he is making me question his football knowledge. We are easily top 25 and would knock the piss out of several of those teams ranked 15-25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I agree with this to a point but having media like Sallee shitting on Mississippi State is a whole other conversation. He has enough knowledge that he knows that State should be really good but he tweets that they suck and his mostly ignorant followers believe that. I don't know how we counter that.
    I will give Mississippi credit in that they pumped that they won the "transfer portal rankings" and that on top of last year's record has them ranked and set to move up based on their ***** schedule. Props to them for that because State has never done anything as clever as that. They'll drop when the schedule gets tough but they will have gained tons of free media promotion before it happens.
    Sallee is on the Mississippi payroll. As we have seen thru our national media pertaining to even news and politics- writers will write anything for the almighty dollar. True or false.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I agree with this to a point but having media like Sallee shitting on Mississippi State is a whole other conversation. He has enough knowledge that he knows that State should be really good but he tweets that they suck and his mostly ignorant followers believe that. I don't know how we counter that.
    I will give Mississippi credit in that they pumped that they won the "transfer portal rankings" and that on top of last year's record has them ranked and set to move up based on their ***** schedule. Props to them for that because State has never done anything as clever as that. They'll drop when the schedule gets tough but they will have gained tons of free media promotion before it happens.
    I 100% agree with everything in this post

I will add to this though, I have noticed over past 7-8 years, the Playoff committee always respects us. We are always higher in that poll whenever it comes out than we are in the AP poll. The national media doesn't give a shit about Mississippi State but the people that matter do care because they know that we are a program that consistently beats teams we arent with way less talent and are consistently never the bottom of the sec west.

I remember last season the AP poll had us unranked after beating Kentucky and the CFB playoff rankings had us at #16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    There is one thing that is changing. I know it will some of you cringe. We need more people in national sports media. And we might just have it.

Having Brandon Walker and?.(dare I say) DAN MULLEN speaking to national audiences could be helpful in the coming years. At least they are clear that we exist and are not The University of Mississippi is big within itself because I am not sure the rest of media knows.

Dan may have some ire about us but even for selfish reasons he will want to make his years at State public knowledge. Brandon fiercely defends us and points out how we are just as good if not categorically better than the media darling Kentucky but the only difference is we haven?t been allowed to feast off of Vanderbilt, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida for the last five years.

Times are changing. Getting someone like Matt Wyatt on the SEC Network would be huge for us. We need to change the narrative and the only thing that will do it is ambassadors like all the other teams have.
    100% I freaking love Brandon.

More and More people talk about Mississippi State, whether to piss brandon off or not but its a good thing.

Brandon has already called his shot and said that we will beat Georgia this year on his College Football Show recently.

Kentucky's days of feasting off a weak east are over. Tennessee dare I say may be back, Florida may have Nick Saban Jr. , South Carolina is starting to recruit well and have shown to pull in a big name transfer like spencer rattler, and Missouri and Vanderbilt will just Missouri and Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sallee is on the Mississippi payroll. As we have seen thru our national media pertaining to even news and politics- writers will write anything for the almighty dollar. True or false.
    Facts! It is sad the state of propaganda cough journalism that we are witnessing in todays timeframe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep, one's on the radio every morning. He was saying 6-6 this summer. Now his opinion has changed. Imagine that.
    I know he has listeners from all schools and doesn't want to appear biased but he's extra with it. Such so that he loses credibility. But he will kiss Bearshark a$$ in a heartbeat. He follows their tailking points and just like them, crowns their team worldbeaters if they show any life at all.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This♤

People like Sallee are doing it on purpose. Any way they can discount or downplay MSU can affect perception and by extension recruiting. He.and others aren't as stupid as they appear. It is calculated strategy. Most on here would be shocked to learn the direct connections to Ole Miss held by an uncomfortably high percentage sports media household names.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!