Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riddle Me This.... MSU's Ranking

vCash

Riddle Me This.... MSU's Ranking

Here is where is MSU is ranked by unbiased people & where MSU is ranked by biased people:

Unbiased

Action Network Betting Odds: 11th in the country. Meaning, on neutral field, MSU would be favored over all but 10 teams in the country.
    https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...-power-ratings

Bill Connolly S&P: 12th

Biased:

AP - Not ranked

Coaches Poll - Not ranked

Barrett Sallee - 13th in the SEC. So yes, Barrett Sallee has MSU lower in the SEC than Vegas has us ranked in the country.

Also, FWIW Arizona is 90th in S&P. Should be a blow out if we play well.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Well, many of our own fans on this site are afraid we will lose to AZ, so I don't know what to tell you. I feel we will be undefeated when we play LSU and beat them also, however after their FSU defeat the press will say they are very down and still give us little respect. We will have to have a run of 3 or so SEC wins to get a fair ranking.

vCash
    It would be nice to see some respect early on. It's ok though. We comin'

vCash
    He (Sally) has one of the more punchable faces I've ever seen. The fact that someone employs him as a CFB (or any form of sports) writer tells you all you need to know about that industry. All forms of media has turned into the Donahue show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Well, many of our own fans on this site are afraid we will lose to AZ, so I don't know what to tell you. I feel we will be undefeated when we play LSU and beat them also, however after their FSU defeat the press will say they are very down and still give us little respect. We will have to have a run of 3 or so SEC wins to get a fair ranking.
    Well 34, myself and a few others have been saying that we buttstomp LSU and that we should, on paper, go 10-2.

vCash
    Yeah, our history taking a big ole duce on our own Simmons Beautyrest, and then using it as a feces covered trampoline probably has something to do with it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    It will take us beating A&M to get any respect. Go into the A&M game 4-0 and come out 5-0. Then we start getting the love.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yeah, our history taking a big ole duce on our own Simmons Beautyrest, and then using it as a feces covered trampoline probably has something to do with it.
    I believe that called an Amber Heard.**

vCash
    After looking at Arizona’s roster, they are potentially dangerous at home. They must have a lot of NIL money. They have brought in a ton of players.

We could beat the brakes off most of those teams ranked 10-25. How Arkansas is ranked that much higher than us is a joke, same for Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It will take us beating A&M to get any respect. Go into the A&M game 4-0 and come out 5-0. Then we start getting the love.

I believe that called an Amber Heard.**
    1. That's probably right but ridiculous

2. The bigger story will be A&M stinking than us being good

vCash
    Is this the result of a heavily left leaning media not liking Leach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is probably based on us going 7-6 last year and getting our nuts kicked in by Texas Tech.

Banned
    vCash
    You're better than this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    This is probably based on us going 7-6 last year and getting our nuts kicked in by Texas Tech.
    The media does seem to weigh bowl games heavily early in the season and it seems as if they are a terrible indicator.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Are you crazy, the entire media world loves Leach. They love Leach to talk about crazy shit instead of football, but yeah, they love him.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Meh, we have certainly blown some opportunities, but we've had one last place finish in the west since A&M joined, and that was covid year with a new coach. That's a decade and three coaches and only one last place finish. There's really no reason to pencil us in for last place by default except for ignorance or in the case of Salley, I guess trolling (not sure if an MSU fan 17ed his wife/girfriend/boyfriend or what).

Just for comparison, Ole Miss also only has one last place finish in that time frame (although they were last place the two years before A&M joined). LSU's only last place finish was a tie last year. Auburn somehow has three in that timeframe, including two winless SEC seasons. Arkansas has 5, including three winless SEC seasons. Pulled these off wikipedia, so caveat emptor on accuracy.

2021 - 3rd (T3)
    2020 - 6th (T2; only sole last place finish)
    2019 - 5th
    2018 - 4th
    2017 - 4th (T2)
    2016 - 5th (T2)
    2015 - 5th (T2)
    2014 - 2nd
    2013 - 5th (T2)
    2012 - 4th

vCash
    It's more about the way other schools toot their own horn while we at State always shy away of expectations.

You would think Lame is awesome and their roster is loaded with the way they talk about themselves and pump their team to anybody that will listen. Other schools do this as well. State does not. A few of us have been saying for a few months now that we should win 9-10 games this year. Even our own board here acts like that is crazy- saying 8-4 would be a good year. The hell with that. Lots of people can go 8-4 with this roster.

Transfer QB's usually take a year to develop into quality players. Burreaux, Levis, and many other examples. But Mississippi fans have ignored that and pushed how awesome Lame is with developing QB's and Dart will be different. Saturday clearly showed it will not be different and it will take him a year to adjust like most of the others. We have a QB in his 3rd season in the system that is very accurate on shorter passes. We have the advantage there. But we havent pumped it out to the world like other schools would.
    Last edited by Coach34; 09-06-2022 at 02:39 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Meh, we have certainly blown some opportunities, but we've had one last place finish in the west since A&M joined, and that was covid year with a new coach. That's a decade and three coaches and only one last place finish. There's really no reason to pencil us in for last place by default except for ignorance or in the case of Salley, I guess trolling (not sure if an MSU fan 17ed his wife/girfriend/boyfriend or what).

Just for comparison, Ole Miss also only has one last place finish in that time frame (although they were last place the two years before A&M joined). LSU's only last place finish was a tie last year. Auburn somehow has three in that timeframe, including two winless SEC seasons. Arkansas has 5, including three winless SEC seasons. Pulled these off wikipedia, so caveat emptor on accuracy.

2021 - 3rd (T3)
    2020 - 6th (T2; only sole last place finish)
    2019 - 5th
    2018 - 4th
    2017 - 4th (T2)
    2016 - 5th (T2)
    2015 - 5th (T2)
    2014 - 2nd
    2013 - 5th (T2)
    2012 - 4th
    I think the media just doesn't care about how we have been finishing over the past decade +. They see the team that failed to win when it matters - regardless of record.
    '09 - give the ball to Boobie and we beat #7 LSU
    '10 - give the $ to Cam instead of Kenny Rogers taping calls
    '12 - "We Believe"
    '14 - lose to a QB on 1 leg who had been blown out by Arkansas a week earlier - blow playoff shot.
    '15 - lose 4 of 5 games in which we are a ranked team, including Dak's last home game.
    '16 - Dan Pouts, Fitz saves his season.
    '17 - UGA & Auburn - nuff said
    '18 - Buy those rings! #1 defense......
    '19 - Media learned not to listen to JoMo
    '20 - All aboard the Bandwagon LOL
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's more about the way other schools toot their own horn while we at State always shy away of expectations.

You would think Lame is awesome and their roster is loaded with the way they talk about themselves and pump their team to anybody that will listen. Other schools do this as well. State does not. A few of us have been saying for a few months now that we should win 9-10 games this year. Even our own board here acts like that is crazy- saying 8-4 would be a good year. The hell with that. Lots of people can go 8-4 with this roster.

Transfer QB's usually take a year to develop into quality players. Burreaux, Levis, and many other examples. But Mississippi fans have ignored that and pushed how awesome Lame is with developing QB's and Dart will be different. Saturday clearly showed it will not be different and it will take him a year to adjust like most of the others. We have a QB in his 3rd season in the system that is very accurate on shorter passes. We have the advantage there. But we havent pumped it out to the world like other schools would.
    Listen to this man!

He?s right

vCash
    The media thinks Kiffin is cool, and Leach is odd, for reference.

vCash
    The other thing you have to remember is that we didn?t finish playing until after midnight local time (1 AM eastern). There were probably very few media eyeballs on our game Saturday. And with a late kick in Tucson I wouldn?t expect much different this weekend.