Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Riddle Me This.... MSU's Ranking

vCash
    I think we will have a decent number of folks watching some of our game Saturday.

It's late yes, but an SEC team traveling to a P5 PAC team has some value, especially with us being a fringe Top 25 team. We won't make the late night highlights, but I think enough folks will watch us to make a difference.

Go on the road and make a statement and people will pay attention. Even though I don't think Arizona is particularly good, if we boat race them we will get more respect than our Memphis win got us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's more about the way other schools toot their own horn while we at State always shy away of expectations.

You would think Lame is awesome and their roster is loaded with the way they talk about themselves and pump their team to anybody that will listen. Other schools do this as well. State does not. A few of us have been saying for a few months now that we should win 9-10 games this year. Even our own board here acts like that is crazy- saying 8-4 would be a good year. The hell with that. Lots of people can go 8-4 with this roster.

Transfer QB's usually take a year to develop into quality players. Burreaux, Levis, and many other examples. But Mississippi fans have ignored that and pushed how awesome Lame is with developing QB's and Dart will be different. Saturday clearly showed it will not be different and it will take him a year to adjust like most of the others. We have a QB in his 3rd season in the system that is very accurate on shorter passes. We have the advantage there. But we havent pumped it out to the world like other schools would.
    Damn 34 you are thinking to rational for these internet pussies!

vCash
    Jesus, Sallee isn't even remotely trying at this point.

vCash
    Something about this team just makes me think it's going to get better and better all year and that this will be a fun team to watch all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Something about this team just makes me think it's going to get better and better all year and that this will be a fun team to watch all year.
    You could see when this team gets rolling they are a Cadillac. Offense is a machine and defense is stifling. How well they can focus and play up to potential is the key. No doubt they are going to have mental lapses, come out flat on occasion, and play sloppy on occasion. And we are going to need some luck, some breaks. The potential is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think the media just doesn't care about how we have been finishing over the past decade +. They see the team that failed to win when it matters - regardless of record.
    '09 - give the ball to Boobie and we beat #7 LSU
    '10 - give the $ to Cam instead of Kenny Rogers taping calls
    '12 - "We Believe"
    '14 - lose to a QB on 1 leg who had been blown out by Arkansas a week earlier - blow playoff shot.
    '15 - lose 4 of 5 games in which we are a ranked team, including Dak's last home game.
    '16 - Dan Pouts, Fitz saves his season.
    '17 - UGA & Auburn - nuff said
    '18 - Buy those rings! #1 defense......
    '19 - Media learned not to listen to JoMo
    '20 - All aboard the Bandwagon LOL
    Don?t forget ?13 when we were 3 plays away from being 3-8, with a loss to Blowing Green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Don?t forget ?13 when we were 3 plays away from being 3-8, with a loss to Blowing Green.
    Heck, years 09 - 20 look pretty good after you lived through Tech and 10 and the Shira years. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here is where is MSU is ranked by unbiased people & where MSU is ranked by biased people:

Unbiased

Action Network Betting Odds: 11th in the country. Meaning, on neutral field, MSU would be favored over all but 10 teams in the country.
    The problem is, the way rankings are after week two, we play 3 of the top 6 teams, and we play both 1 and 2 (and that ranking will probably remain all year). Plus, we play 3 more of the Top 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    The problem is, the way rankings are after week two, we play 3 of the top 6 teams, and we play both 1 and 2 (and that ranking will probably remain all year). Plus, we play 3 more of the Top 25.
    Outside of Alabama and Georgia. Nobody on our schedule scares me currently.

I dont think any of the non georgia and alabama's can score with us ( and we have a good defense)

The one team that i see people not shutting up about in the national media is kentucky. Florida is gonna kill kentucky saturday in the swamp and shut that up week 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    the Shira years.
    Did you have to bring that up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldcorporal View Post
    Did you have to bring that up?
    Remember he got SEC Coach of the year after his only winning season, 6-5. Takes guts to be a lifelong State fan!

vCash

The total disrespect..... Bring it!

It is more than comical that we dominated ranked teams last year, return as much as we do yet can't get ranked. All the while, those teams we beat (NC St, UK, TAMU) those teams lost more, but they get ranked.

Take NC ST. We dominated them. Then in game 1, they had to win with the help of the mighty fighting east Carolina whatever you call them. They remained ranked.

Now, Ms ST dominates Memphis, and in the AP, auburn jumps us.

I welcome it. I hope the teams feeds off it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's more about the way other schools toot their own horn while we at State always shy away of expectations.

You would think Lame is awesome and their roster is loaded with the way they talk about themselves and pump their team to anybody that will listen. Other schools do this as well. State does not. A few of us have been saying for a few months now that we should win 9-10 games this year. Even our own board here acts like that is crazy- saying 8-4 would be a good year. The hell with that. Lots of people can go 8-4 with this roster.

Transfer QB's usually take a year to develop into quality players. Burreaux, Levis, and many other examples. But Mississippi fans have ignored that and pushed how awesome Lame is with developing QB's and Dart will be different. Saturday clearly showed it will not be different and it will take him a year to adjust like most of the others. We have a QB in his 3rd season in the system that is very accurate on shorter passes. We have the advantage there. But we havent pumped it out to the world like other schools would.
    I agree with this to a point but having media like Sallee shitting on Mississippi State is a whole other conversation. He has enough knowledge that he knows that State should be really good but he tweets that they suck and his mostly ignorant followers believe that. I don't know how we counter that.
    I will give Mississippi credit in that they pumped that they won the "transfer portal rankings" and that on top of last year's record has them ranked and set to move up based on their ***** schedule. Props to them for that because State has never done anything as clever as that. They'll drop when the schedule gets tough but they will have gained tons of free media promotion before it happens.

vCash
    I forget what connection Sallee has to Ole Miss, but he has always thrown shade on MSU. Very biased.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    There is one thing that is changing. I know it will some of you cringe. We need more people in national sports media. And we might just have it.

Having Brandon Walker and?.(dare I say) DAN MULLEN speaking to national audiences could be helpful in the coming years. At least they are clear that we exist and are not The University of Mississippi is big within itself because I am not sure the rest of media knows.

Dan may have some ire about us but even for selfish reasons he will want to make his years at State public knowledge. Brandon fiercely defends us and points out how we are just as good if not categorically better than the media darling Kentucky but the only difference is we haven?t been allowed to feast off of Vanderbilt, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida for the last five years.

Times are changing. Getting someone like Matt Wyatt on the SEC Network would be huge for us. We need to change the narrative and the only thing that will do it is ambassadors like all the other teams have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    It is more than comical that we dominated ranked teams last year, return as much as we do yet can't get ranked. All the while, those teams we beat (NC St, UK, TAMU) those teams lost more, but they get ranked.

Take NC ST. We dominated them. Then in game 1, they had to win with the help of the mighty fighting east Carolina whatever you call them. They remained ranked.

Now, Ms ST dominates Memphis, and in the AP, auburn jumps us.

I welcome it. I hope the teams feeds off it.
    We disrespect ourselves, so why should we expect others to take us seriously?

Robbie Faulk didn't even vote MSU in his top 25 & Bo Bounds basically goes on the radio every day & bashes the program.

If the people of Mississippi won't even stand up for MSU then why would anyone else?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I forget what connection Sallee has to Ole Miss, but he has always thrown shade on MSU. Very biased.
    Our own people. Our own alums throw shade at MSU just as much as Sallee

vCash
    I know I threw some in my previous post - but you are right about this. Just look at our own pre-season predictions on here and how many people were "all i see from this schedule is 6-6" and the Po' Ol' Missipi Tate attitude.
    In the past I have described this as MSU-Induced PTSD - years of failure and disappointment have conditioned the fanbase to not only expect the worst, but we can't even enjoy the good times.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know I threw some in my previous post - but you are right about this. Just look at our own pre-season predictions on here and how many people were "all i see from this schedule is 6-6" and the Po' Ol' Missipi Tate attitude.
    In the past I have described this as MSU-Induced PTSD - years of failure and disappointment have conditioned the fanbase to not only expect the worst, but we can't even enjoy the good times.
    We don't understand reality.

We believe because we get whacked by Bama every year that we suck. We in fact, it just means that we aren't #1.

We just take the lack of hope of winning anything as if we stink but we're still a top 20 team.

vCash
    Yep, one's on the radio every morning. He was saying 6-6 this summer. Now his opinion has changed. Imagine that.