Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers Arm Strength

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Agreed! That overthrow is so annoying. Will is probably still killing himself on that throw. Watching his postgame interview gives me wool. He was frustrated after setting career high record and that?s good to see. I hope he connects with Walley on that throw a few times this game. They both deserve it.
    He seems like he has Costello's 623 circled somewhere.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He seems like he has Costello's 623 circled somewhere.
    Right! I?d love to see it. Nothing against Costello but Will is a Bulldog through and through. I?d much rather him set that record and hold it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Only 2 bad plays by Will on the night that he would love to have back. (The INT was on Calvin)

The overthrow of Walley was disappointing.

Wally did a great job on that route beat 2 defenders and had 2-3 strides on them. If he connects on that pass, we are talking 500+ passing yards and 6TDs

And the lateral I wish he could have seen the DL jumping the route and pump faked prior to the throw.
    He had another pass I believe it was before the half where he had Calvin with nobody close to him on a short inside slant that he threw way behind him. Calvin made a great one handed catch but fell to the ground making it. If Will put that where it should've been it would have been a really big play.

vCash
    Call me a hater but he looked exactly the same to me as last year. Not that that is a horrible thing? Just didn't look different to me. Sample size 1 game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Call me a hater but he looked exactly the same to me as last year. Not that that is a horrible thing? Just didn't look different to me. Sample size 1 game.
    BUT 38 of 49, one INT, 5 TDs, long of 35, 450 yards .. missed some BUT hit more. It was only the first game with a 2+ hour delay on his 2nd drive!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    BUT 38 of 49, one INT, 5 TDs, long of 35, 450 yards .. missed some BUT hit more. It was only the first game with a 2+ hour delay on his 2nd drive!
    this ... not even Tiger Woods will hit 10 out of 10 putts within 5' ...... bottom line is everyone wants perfection but it's just not achievable ... Will had a GREAT game and there's no sense in fretting over a miss or two
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Let's get into the season and play some big boys before we start crowing. He is very accurate up to 20 yards. Lets see him deliver vs some SEC teams down the field
    Ask A&M and Auburn about his arm. Or UGA. Or Arkansas. All he did was go about 70 yards in just over a minute to give us a chance in a game that was taken from us. You are one to talk about crowing my man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I get where you are coming from. There were some throws that if he hit the guys in stride could have actually had some YAC, instead it was a catch and tackle. Also, throwing corner end zone routes were not good. I hope they had get those ironed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ask A&M and Auburn about his arm. Or UGA. Or Arkansas. All he did was go about 70 yards in just over a minute to give us a chance in a game that was taken from us. You are one to talk about crowing my man
    They will say the same thing I say- dude is very accurate up to 20 yards. Nothing he has done scares you down the field to this point. Good Secondary's can bait him into making mistakes down the field
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    They will say the same thing I say- dude is very accurate up to 20 yards. Nothing he has done scares you down the field to this point. Good Secondary's can bait him into making mistakes down the field
    Ok. I think they would say we lost or were extremely fortunate to have won. And they would also say he threw for about 350 multiple TDs and very few interceptions if any. But you know better

vCash
    His completion percentage is actually higher on deeper throws than it is short but carry on.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 09-07-2022 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    His completion percentage is actually higher on deeper throws than it is short but carry on.
    There is no way the guy that leads the country in dump down passes to RB's has a higher percentage in deeper passes. Feel free to share that link with us at any time you want.

vCash
    Ok. I think they would say we lost or were extremely fortunate to have won. And they would also say he threw for about 350 multiple TDs and very few interceptions if any. But you know better
    I'm not hating on him. He's smart and very accurate short and intermediate. But he wasnt in McShay's top 20 QB's for a reason and you know why as biased as you are. We shall see if something changes and teams look to take a chance on him

vCash
    There is no way the guy that leads the country in dump down passes to RB's has a higher percentage in deeper passes. Feel free to share that link with us at any time you want.
    in the words of the late great Buddy Ryan .... "All he does is throw touchdown passes" ..... he may not be Eric Zier but he is a threat to throw TD passes - and on a TD pass the length really doesn't matter does it ? I'll bet opposing SEC DC's see him as a threat
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    in the words of the late great Buddy Ryan .... "All he does is throw touchdown passes" ..... he may not be Eric Zier but he is a threat to throw TD passes - and on a TD pass the length really doesn't matter does it ? I'll bet opposing SEC DC's see him as a threat
    My man EZ had cannon. Fun times at Marietta High in '89 & '90. But you are right - Will doesn't have to bomb it 40-50 yards to be effective. The biggest thing - and we saw it some Saturday - is hitting the targets in stride. When he does that this offense really clicks.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Is this right? In situations where we have to go downfield due to the clock he has done very well. I have a different take - he can make deeper throws just fine, but as a young player understandably made very conservative decisions in regular game situations. He has been so conservative in his decision making that it has allowed defense to sit In a 3-8 with a fairly shallow secondary. As he matures as a player he will grow into the offense and attack the field vertically as well as horizontally, as the offense is designed.

I think the comments from Leach about him seeing the field at an improved level this year speak to seeing more options vertically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    And the lateral I wish he could have seen the DL jumping the route and pump faked prior to the throw.
    Especially after they tried to jump the bubble screen just the play before. That was by far the most disappointing moment of the night for me, though I'm sure it'll be a valuable lesson going forward.

vCash
    Pretty sure it was shown about every game last year. Maybe there is a way that you are wrong? Whoever would have thought. You just love to be different and stir the pot its fine. The dump down passes to RBs is what makes the offense go. How is that any less exciting than split zone or power for 4 yards? You just dont like it.

vCash
    Last year in the first full year of running the offense with a liability at RT he had the 3rd highest adjusted completion percentage that PFF has ever had. Behind only Burrow and Mac Jones. I personally could care less about that but this just makes you eat it so Im sharing it

vCash
    I'm not hating on him. He's smart and very accurate short and intermediate. But he wasnt in McShay's top 20 QB's for a reason and you know why as biased as you are. We shall see if something changes and teams look to take a chance on him
    I could care less about McShays top 20 Qbs. Means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing. Who does he coach for? Who does he play DB for? You are biased bc you have to keep up a persona on this board. Its ok