Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayshon Boutte

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, the difference is we looked really good after game one. And Leach did cut him within reason. It's probably not a good look to just start cutting guys based off of what is essentially hearsay.

Once I confirmed he was a junior- it just makes the most sense. It's going to be more productive 9for him to get a personal trainer- apparently not named Mike Espy or Shay Hodge based on results- rather than attempt to go somewhere else and learn a new system.

I think you are misunderstanding my post. I’m saying both players don’t really want to stick around. Both of them are going to play in the nfl. Then let them go if they are disruption or distraction.

I’m not saying both coaches handled it the same way or both programs are in the exact same situation.

This is getting to be all about the money.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 09-05-2022 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Nabers apparently has done the same thing.

Can't say I blame him after how Kelly handled things after the game. Never seen a coach drive the bus over his players that bad.
    Yeah. That's textbook how to lose a locker room 101.

vCash
    Nabors never had his heart in it at LSU.

He flipped on signing day and os from Louisiana. He never even visited LSU. They missed on one of theor WRs and grabbed Nabors as the backup. I watched his interview after flipping, he seemed scared/in shock and not at all happy. I think it was either $$$ or social pressure, not what he wanted. Felt bad for him, I think he truly would have preferred to stay with us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Nabors never had his heart in it at LSU.

He flipped on signing day and os from Louisiana. He never even visited LSU. They missed on one of theor WRs and grabbed Nabors as the backup. I watched his interview after flipping, he seemed scared/in shock and not at all happy. I think it was either $$$ or social pressure, not what he wanted. Felt bad for him, I think he truly would have preferred to stay with us
    I think it was a mix of both. Since they missed on their top targets, they needed to keep the fans happy by getting another 4 star in their recruiting class so they threw a small bag at him and every Louisana kid is pressured into going to LSU

There are 2 states in this country that have the most pressure for the in state kids to stay and go with the big school.
    LSU and Ohio State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think it was a mix of both. Since they missed on their top targets, they needed to keep the fans happy by getting another 4 star in their recruiting class so they threw a small bag at him and every Louisana kid is pressured into going to LSU

There are 2 states in this country that have the most pressure for the in state kids to stay and go with the big school.
    LSU and Ohio State.
    I used to live in Monroe. That is the most cult like fan base I've ever encountered. LSU is the ONLY option, or you're betraying the state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I used to live in Monroe. That is the most cult like fan base I've ever encountered. LSU is the ONLY option, or you're betraying the state
    I wish it was like that in Mississippi ... but we have a smaller population and talent pool but we have 2 SEC schools.... Louisana only has one

I did tell a buddy of mine that if I was making predictions, I think that Texas A&M will eventually overtake LSU in that spot right under bama in the SEC West and LSU will take the A&M spot of being a 8-4 , 9-3 team instead of 11-1 or 10-2

Go look at the 2023 louisana recruits, LSU only has 2 of the top 6 recruits. Texas has stolen louisanas 2 5 star players this year.

I think Texas A&M rising and the potential return of texas will hurt LSU more than anyone may think, and Arkansas can pick off a few 4 star north LA kids every now and then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yep. LSU?s o-line is offensive. They looked like they belonged in Pamplona running from the bulls instead of on a football field.
    Yeah and I bet that may have been a bigger reason for Myles Brennan not being the starter ....LSU has to have a mobile QB this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Yeah and I bet that may have been a bigger reason for Myles Brennan not being the starter ....LSU has to have a mobile QB this year
    Brennan woulda got kilt behind this OL. Daniels' runs were from the OL losing the pocket. FSU's DL lived in LSU's backfield all night.

vCash
    Mobile QBs have given State trouble because we usually don't have elite athletes. And I guess we still don't. But we react very fast, are very experienced, swarm well, and our DBs last year were pretty good at fighting off blocks, so I think we'll do pretty good at limiting LSUs damage in that regard.

vCash
    Here is the deal, Boutte was gone in the spring, all set to go to Bama.

LSU alumni caught wind of it, and couldn't take losing a top WR to Bama and i've heard between 1.0 and 1.5 Million in NIL money and got him to stay.

Well, he apparently gets to keep that money no matter what happens now. It sure looks like he may have cost himself millions by not going to Bama. If he goes to Bama and is the next great Bama WR, you are talking about a top 15 pick.

He could fall to the end of the first round, maybe further if he doesn't play. Talk about the new problems of college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Here is the deal, Boutte was gone in the spring, all set to go to Bama.

LSU alumni caught wind of it, and couldn't take losing a top WR to Bama and i've heard between 1.0 and 1.5 Million in NIL money and got him to stay.

Well, he apparently gets to keep that money no matter what happens now. It sure looks like he may have cost himself millions by not going to Bama. If he goes to Bama and is the next great Bama WR, you are talking about a top 15 pick.

He could fall to the end of the first round, maybe further if he doesn't play. Talk about the new problems of college football.
    Or not gotten to play at Bama and been worse off than quitting his team now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Or not gotten to play at Bama and been worse off than quitting his team now.
    Until it's official, I wouldn't rule him out yet. Everything we've heard so far is strictly speculative at best.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)