Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We should beat LSU based on what I see

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Ummmm, Fish... LSU plays Southern U next Saturday then us the Saturday after that. They will lay the wood to Southern U. But, how much improvement will they have between now and us? That OL needs work.
    Clearly has conflated the two way overpaid / underproducing coaches in the west in A&M / LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You're a moron to think FSU is some pillar of excellence that should be respected. This is a team that lost to an FCS team for crying out loud. Fabian Lovett was meh. They got an excellent transfer in Verse and he was actually disruptive. Beyond that, their talent level didn't make a major jump.

LSU is a school in transition and disarray. They won't show signs of life until the end of the season if at all. LSU is staring 5-7 in the face. 3-9 if they aren't careful. They're a bad football team and they played down to the level of a mediocre talent team. Neither one of those "name" schools are in the top 25 and nor should they be. I'd take Memphis on a neutral field against LSU easily and call FSU a tossup.
    Lol, this is one hell of a maroon glasses take. Memphis was picked 5th in the AAC, and they're a 7 pt favorite over navy who lost to Delaware last week.

I thought we looked good last week, but I also think memphis looked bad at the same time.

ETA... with that said, I think we have a good shot at beating lsu. Memphis would get beat badly by fsu and lsu though
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-05-2022 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol, this is one hell of a maroon glasses take. Memphis was picked 5th in the AAC, and they're a 7 pt favorite over navy who lost to Delaware last week.

I thought we looked good last week, but I also think memphis looked bad at the same time.

ETA... with that said, I think we have a good shot at beating lsu. Memphis would get beat badly by fsu and lsu though
    Yeah, we beat Memphis just as badly as FSU or LSU would have. Good tune up game for us.

vCash
    Ummmm, Fish... LSU plays Southern U next Saturday then us the Saturday after that. They will lay the wood to Southern U. But, how much improvement will they have between now and us? That OL needs work.
    LSU seems to make their biggest improvement of the season the week before the Mississippi State game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    LSU seems to make their biggest improvement of the season the week before the Mississippi State game
    Maybe, I think they have some internal issues.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

This has more to do with where LSU and FSU are as programs than where I think State is. I bet on FSU to beat LSU because I thought LSU was worse than FSU, not because I thought FSU was better than LSU. I'm not saying we're world beaters because we beat Memphis. I'm saying LSU and FSU are dogshit wrapped in catshit. LSU and Auburn will both struggle to be bowl eligible. This weekend validated my season total under bets on their wins. My take is more about where I think FSU and LSU are. Lots of people are overrating the name. And because one name beat another name, they're wanting to bring up the winner instead of bringing down the loser.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Brian Kelly has his work cut out for him. The Corn Dogs don't use the new coach excuse. That OL is the weak spot right now. Our OL is more experienced than them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You're a moron to think FSU is some pillar of excellence that should be respected. This is a team that lost to an FCS team for crying out loud. Fabian Lovett was meh. They got an excellent transfer in Verse and he was actually disruptive. Beyond that, their talent level didn't make a major jump.

LSU is a school in transition and disarray. They won't show signs of life until the end of the season if at all. LSU is staring 5-7 in the face. 3-9 if they aren't careful. They're a bad football team and they played down to the level of a mediocre talent team. Neither one of those "name" schools are in the top 25 and nor should they be. I'd take Memphis on a neutral field against LSU easily and call FSU a tossup.
    My point made.

vCash
    Kelly had the look of a coach without an answer last night. If they lose to us he is going to be shocked at how quickly his seat gets red hot.

vCash
    Brian Kelly has his work cut out for him. The Corn Dogs don't use the new coach excuse. That OL is the weak spot right now. Our OL is more experienced than them.
    So the question in two weeks becomes... "which team's OL handles the opposing team's defensive front 7 better?" After what I saw last night, I'm definitely liking our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Kelly had the look of a coach without an answer last night. If they lose to us he is going to be shocked at how quickly his seat gets red hot.
    10 years $95 million contract, he will laugh it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    10 years $95 million contract, he will laugh it off.
    If Mississippi State and LSU swapped jerseys, We would be picked as a dark horse for the SEC west.

Florida State is a dumpster fire who wants to fire their coach after a horrible past 3 seasons including losing to jacksonville state on homecoming last year...........

LSU is AWFUL. If you took the LSU jerseys off of them and put LA tech jerseys last night , most wouldnt notice a difference.

I could see is losing but if they didnt have lsu jerseys we would think we would win by 5 touchdowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    My point made.
    I think a team like cincinatti would beat the dog shit out of LSU or Florida State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Kelly looked like Joe Moorhead last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    So the question in two weeks becomes... "which team's OL handles the opposing team's defensive front 7 better?" After what I saw last night, I'm definitely liking our chances.
    This could be the game changer. Our OL gives Will just enough time to make some big throws while LSU's folds like a cheap tent causing Daniels to run for it every other play.

vCash
    This could be the game changer. Our OL gives Will just enough time to make some big throws while LSU's folds like a cheap tent causing Daniels to run for it every other play.
    Would not be shocked to see nusmier play against us. But he is not mobile like daniels, he wouldve broken a bone last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think a team like cincinatti would beat the dog shit out of LSU or Florida State.
    I think they could win but no blowout.

vCash
    from reports boutte looks to be entering the transfer portal later this week. If so, there is dumpster fire that near the house, that I should be able to smell soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    from reports boutte looks to be entering the transfer portal later this week. If so, there is dumpster fire that near the house, that I should be able to smell soon.
    If Boutte hits the portal LSU about to have a really bad season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    Brian Kelly rarely takes the blame for anything. He will throw his own coaches and players under the bus. Little man syndrome.