Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don't get all the love UM is getting pre-season.........

vCash

I just don't get all the love UM is getting pre-season.........

They have been mentioned a couple of times this a.m. on Gameday. Yes, they have an easy schedule that gives them a good shot at starting 6-0, assuming they beat UK in week 5, which I'm not so sure happens. They lost their best player on offense (Corral) and their best player on defense (Williams) and only return what, 10 or 11 starters? I get that Kiffin is a media darling and that Dart is talented and they did have a decent haul in the portal but I could easily see them finishing 5th or 6th in the West but maybe that's just my maroon colored glasses.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 08-27-2022 at 11:03 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    It's the schedule.

It's as easy of a first 6 games as anyone in the country. So they're a really safe bet to get buzz & appear to be a good team until the bottom falls out down the stretch.

By that time though, even if they suck, they may have hosted Gameday & be ranked in the top 10
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's the schedule.

It's as easy of a first 6 games as anyone in the country. So they're a really safe bet to get buzz & appear to be a good team until the bottom falls out down the stretch.

By that time though, even if they suck, they may have hosted Gameday & be ranked in the top 10
    I don't think they beat UK and I wouldn't automatically pencil them in a win against Auburn in week 7. Yes, I know Auburn is a mess but they've struggled with the plainsman over the years.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I think Kentucky beats them. That's when their flaws are exposed. And I've heard Troy has a veteran defense this season. That could prove interesting against a lesser experienced QB like Dart. That game may be closer than most think.

vCash
    Their branding and marketing and support is better than ours. We're dragging ass on everything but baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Their branding and marketing and support is better than ours. We're dragging ass on everything but baseball
    This is correct! We need a couple of Marketing gurus running the show. Apparently, those aren?t being churned out by our School of Business.

vCash
    Mississippi State Athletics in a nutshell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I don't think they beat UK and I wouldn't automatically pencil them in a win against Auburn in week 7. Yes, I know Auburn is a mess but they've struggled with the plainsman over the years.
    I think GA Tech beats them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I think GA Tech beats them.
    Now THIS is super maroon glasses. Ga tech is terrible.

vCash
    They've been light years ahead of us for decades. They'd claimed 1941 Natty right after Bama rewrote the rankings and claimed it.

vCash
    They have multiple alumni in positions at ESPN. It'll always be this way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They have multiple alumni in positions at ESPN. It'll always be this way.
    And IIRC, they have a couple working at Sports Illustrated too.

vCash
    And, it doesn?t hurt that every time a regional or national publication, e.g., Southern Living, Better Homes and Gardens, et al, publishes a list of best tail-gating venue or best college town, they invariably are at or near the top.

vCash
    They brought in highly rated transfers
    They have a favorable early schedule
    They are well-coached

They will win 7-8 games this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah, they're bad. Collins has been abysmal. He's 9-25 in 3 years. He's probably gone after this year.

vCash
    Are they really getting that much hype? They are hovering around 21-27 in most all the polls or publications I’ve read. It’s not like they are being picked real high in the SEC. I think the issue more is that we are being overlooked

vCash
    They're preseason top 25 in all the polls with only 10 starters returning and a new QB. One of the Gameday heads called them
    a sleeper this year and one said Zach Evans was the SEC breakout player. Just seems a bit too much IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Are they really getting that much hype? They are hovering around 21-27 in most all the polls or publications I’ve read. It’s not like they are being picked real high in the SEC. I think the issue more is that we are being overlooked
    They will be top ten. If they get things figured out with the transfers by then, they could make ny6 if things fall correctly. Just get ready. Easy schedule goes a long way and the way it was laid out with being a transfer heavy year, they couldn't ask for more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    But with the schedule starting out, they'll be a top ten eventually and for a while at least all the taking heads can boast how they called it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    They're preseason top 25 in all the polls with only 10 starters returning and a new QB. One of the Gameday heads called them
    a sleeper this year and one said Zach Evans was the SEC breakout player. Just seems a bit too much IMO.
    They have a couple of OL guys on the Coaches All-SEC team which usually means they have some good OL guys. Why would you be surprised that a highly-rated RB running behind that might be considered a breakout player? Especially in their offense?

Just because their OC left doesnt mean he took all the plays and they cant run them anymore. Just like Kentucky and their new OC. I expect both offenses to look very close to what they did last year.

We are in the transfer era of college football where you can plug up holes every year. The coaches that manage that the best will remain successful. Kiffin appears to be doing a great job of it so far
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is