Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are the 2nd best team in the SEC West....

vCash
    I think we have the talent to win 10 games. But and that's the issue, that doesn't mean we should win 10 games. It means we should have a chance on 10 games. We could be really good and win 7. This league is hard. Lsu didn't look great, nor did A&M but we didn't play them this week both have talent. As does the rest of the league. Unforgiving league in every sport!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    now that's what i am screaming....we will beat BAMA and or GEORGIA.
    Dude, you told me you were "OK to drive" after we smoked an Oh Zee and drank down a gallon of my finest shine...

fer realz, you home safe, brah?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think we have the talent to win 10 games. But and that's the issue, that doesn't mean we should win 10 games. It means we should have a chance on 10 games. We could be really good and win 7. This league is hard. Lsu didn't look great, nor did A&M but we didn't play them this week both have talent. As does the rest of the league. Unforgiving league in every sport!!
    Agree. We have to play four quarters of pretty much mistake free football in nearly every game to win ten IMO. Can we do it ? A lot of this is mental, we are going to have breakdowns here and there. I can see 7-8 wins and still being a top 15-20 team, especially if we are in every game and play everybody tough.

I think we can win 9, 10 would be incredible. We are going to need some good breaks.

vCash
    Good post. We are improved but so is everyone else in the west. I'm still hoping for 8 wins.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We need to worry about beating Arizona right now. That game has trap game written all over it.
    This 150%.

Arizona just went on the road and won by 18. This isn't a cupcake game. We are only a 8 point fav. Super dangerous game out in the desert next week.
    Last edited by THE Bruce Dickinson; 09-04-2022 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Nailed it right here. 100%

vCash
    Both Arkansas A&M struggled against the pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We need to worry about beating Arizona right now. That game has trap game written all over it.
    Not really. We're fans. I don't have to beat Arizona.

vCash
    I agree. I feel like we have a ton of toss ups. Odds of winning all the toss ups are not good.

My biggest concern is we don't seem to have a ton of depth on defense- IMO that's part of the reason why Memphis was able to do some things in the second half. Offense we look really good. Our passing attack is light year better than most of the teams I watched this weekend. Defense looked really good- with the starters. I think the pass rush is still a question and honestly I think it's only slightly improved in all likelihood. We have good players on defense but not very many that really flash. Kicking game is still a bit of a question mark as well because we didn't try any field goals.

It really could come down to us basically outscoring people and the defense doing just enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep fans can do all the speculation we want it has no effect on the outcome of the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep fans can do all the speculation we want it has no effect on the outcome of the game
    And let's be real here- I bet our football players look ahead to the Egg Bowl every year. Really probably has very little affect on them during the week.

vCash
    I know the egg bowl is important, but if I'm a player looking ahead I'm looking forward to LSU, bama and UGA .
    I know OM is the rival but I doubt any of our guys have even thought about the egg bowl yet. One good thing about the SEC is a lot of quality matchups against teams loaded with NFL talent.

If my goal is getting to the NFL I want to perform against bama, LSU, and UGA as the number of NFL scouts at their games week in and out is absurd. Show you can compete on an individual level with those guys goes a lot further than a game against a team that has maybe 3-4 sure fire nfl guys on their roster.

vCash
    After one game? Maybe. But it's one game vs a bad Memphis team. Both LSU and FSU are better than Memphis. Every team in the SEC is better than Memphis. I'd hold off until we actually beat an SEC team to say how good we are. But there are only two guaranteed losses on the schedule. We've got a road game a couple time zones away this week. These are the type games Mike Leach teams seem to fail to show up for. Let's see if that changes. Just too early to say how good we are.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-05-2022 at 07:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Good post. We are improved but so is everyone else in the west. I'm still hoping for 8 wins.
    I'm gonna disagree with this statement. OM isn't improved, AUBURN isn't improved. ARK and TAMU didn't impress me. Cincy lost a lot including their QB and ARk struggled. TAMU looked slow on offense, issues on the OL and Qb play. Defense looked average. LSU looks like a trainwreck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Even if we win that game that wouldn't prove it. I think ark and aTm are the ones we have to prove that against
    I didn't say that; I said it starts in two weeks - not ends in two weeks. Yeah we got to beat a lot of them that are even with us right now.

vCash
    Our secondary still scares the crap out of me, especially at safety. Limiting big plays is the key for us in those toss up games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Dude, you told me you were "OK to drive" after we smoked an Oh Zee and drank down a gallon of my finest shine...

fer realz, you home safe, brah?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1566548790978428928

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm to the point, largely due to social media, that I don't really agree with this anymore. Players 100% know what the feelings of the public are regarding upcoming opponents.
    The question is whether they and their mindset are affected by it. I agree they should not be, but I think they are no doubt. In all sports. TA talked about this a lot after we lot to Mizzou at home in 2021. These 20 year old kids listen to the outside "rat poison," as Saban calls it.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-05-2022 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Appears after week 1 it?s between us and Ark, but lots of football left to be played. I?m not sure aTm gave 100 percent in their game.
    If A$M could ever get an above average offense with Fisher they would give saban a actual scare instead of a fluke win.

Defense is legit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Both Arkansas A&M struggled against the pass.
    Cincinatti's new QB is bad.

Wide open receivers everywhere that will rogers wouldve hit for touchdowns.