Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arizona Opening Line: State -14.5

vCash
    AZ comes at a perfect time for state. Before the year started I thought they would be worse than Memphis butni think they may be a little better. Going to be a good step up type test leading into LSU

vCash
    Sports Book and Pearl River has us -12 now. Caesars has us -11 now.

Per Bartoo Arizona has Vandy level talent. Their QB is the most talented guy on the team.

Time to take care of business Dawgs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Azcatman View Post

Also if we can?t run it we are toast
    I love seeing this! Run defense is our strength. Get ready to hear Jett Johnson's name A LOT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You should be cleared now.
    Only if he can tell us what type of Aircraft is the big blackish/blueish one at the Pima Air Museum. Seriously was in Tuscon years ago and the only time I ever saw a "Mountain Lion Crossing" sign on a golf Course.

Banned
    vCash
    Guess it took a few days for the admins to approve me

Looking forward to the game Saturday. We have been in the football abyss since Sumlin. We had gone to 8 bowls from 08-17 until he got here. We had the dumber Stoops brother (Mike) and Rich Rod as our coaches before stumbling Sumlin.

We know Leach and in fact hung 59 on him in 17. Of course he didn?t have SEC level lineman so this will be much different. Most of us were not behind the Jedd Fisch hire but we now know we were wrong. He has done a great job turning over the roster in a few short years. He was hired Christmas 2020 so he didn?t have his recruits until this year. When you see a bunch of tall Libby players out there, think freshman. He worked the portal well this past year so we have 50 new players on our roster.

Our secondary is our strength on defense but can we get any pressure on your QB? Also if we can?t run it we are toast
    If you are run heavy, I think that plays well for us unless you catch us in a blitz at a good time you can break one but general line up and run it will be tough sledding. We have a good backend but we get burned at times too. This will be a really good measuring stick for AZ. If yall play us well, I think yall will have a good year and bowl. If not, may depend on how good PAC10 is.

Banned
    vCash
    dumber stoops and rich rod...........

vCash
    Your going to run into the AZ fan that thinks we will go 12-0. That’s random at its best. Most I talk to are taking a measured approach. You guys have a defense that is right behind Bama and Georgia. That’s really good company. Our coach has preached being more physical and we have a strength coach who was at Bama for 5 of their championships. Our guys are bigger and stronger and we did run again SDSU last week but they ain’t you.

Weather could be an issue. There is a tropical storm drawing some moisture into the area so we might get some rain. I doubt it is heavy but that could help us. The other helpful thing is we have played Leach a lot and are very familiar with this style. Different level of athletes but it still should help some.

vCash
    Your going to run into the AZ fan that thinks we will go 12-0. That’s random at its best. Most I talk to are taking a measured approach. You guys have a defense that is right behind Bama and Georgia. That’s really good company. Our coach has preached being more physical and we have a strength coach who was at Bama for 5 of their championships. Our guys are bigger and stronger and we did run again SDSU last week but they ain’t you.

Weather could be an issue. There is a tropical storm drawing some moisture into the area so we might get some rain. I doubt it is heavy but that could help us. The other helpful thing is we have played Leach a lot and are very familiar with this style. Different level of athletes but it still should help some.
    This is a good take. Good post. Thanks for posting.

vCash
    Your going to run into the AZ fan that thinks we will go 12-0. That?s random at its best. Most I talk to are taking a measured approach. You guys have a defense that is right behind Bama and Georgia. That?s really good company. Our coach has preached being more physical and we have a strength coach who was at Bama for 5 of their championships. Our guys are bigger and stronger and we did run again SDSU last week but they ain?t you.

Welcome - and thanks for the good info. This game will be close in my opinion, as we have yet to do well in road games vs. other conferences,

vCash
    They will have alot of problems with our speed on both sides of the ball
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They will have alot of problems with our speed on both sides of the ball
    This is going to be the biggest difference and unless we turn the ball over a bunch it will be to much for az, overcome.

vCash
    Haha not worried about it at all. We can?t do much real talking being so bad in the recent years. Just want to welcome you all to Tucson. Planning on coming out to Starkville next year
    When that happens we can definitely hook you up with the food/beverage options in Starkville.

And on that note, what I'm really in the market for is an awesome Sunday brunch in the Phoenix area where we're staying. The original Sunday plan was to drive up to the trailhead that leads to the Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial, but with us getting back so late from Tuscon I've tabled that for 2024 when we come out to play ASU. Mrs. BulldogBear will be along for this trip so instead of the hike I thought the dinner cruise on the riverboat in Canyon Lake Sunday evening sounded good. So, we don't want to eat a late lunch. Thought of finding some place to go church Sunday but we'll probably sleep too long after the late night.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    If you slakkadacktyls ain't drunk and yellin' "Ess E See" by the 3rd, I'm cancelling your SECebt Card, dammit!!!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    While the canyon cruise is scenic I would suggest taking a drive up to Sedona and driving the back road down to Prescott and Jerome. Our game wont end until 12:30am and it is easy to get back on the freeway to Phoenix but it’s still 2 hours there.

Tucson has much better Mexican food than Phoenix but Phoenix has a greater option of really good restaurants. Pretty boring drive on I-10 and it can get crowded going down so give yourself another 30 minutes. Take the Grant exit and turn right on Campbell then right on Speedway to access parking areas. Some pay lots may charge you $10 but you can find parking. Head south from there and go to the mall for tailgating. Concert starts at 5 or 6 I think. You will see the Hall of Champions at McKake center, the Flandreau Planitarium, the softball field and on the mall is the USS Arizona memorial. It’s bell rings after every UofA victory so it’s been pretty quiet lately LOL

vCash
    While the canyon cruise is scenic I would suggest taking a drive up to Sedona and driving the back road down to Prescott and Jerome. Our game wont end until 12:30am and it is easy to get back on the freeway to Phoenix but it’s still 2 hours there.

Tucson has much better Mexican food than Phoenix but Phoenix has a greater option of really good restaurants. Pretty boring drive on I-10 and it can get crowded going down so give yourself another 30 minutes. Take the Grant exit and turn right on Campbell then right on Speedway to access parking areas. Some pay lots may charge you $10 but you can find parking. Head south from there and go to the mall for tailgating. Concert starts at 5 or 6 I think. You will see the Hall of Champions at McKake center, the Flandreau Planitarium, the softball field and on the mall is the USS Arizona memorial. It’s bell rings after every UofA victory so it’s been pretty quiet lately LOL

I would love to hear the USS Arizona Bell, but not this Saturday lol
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    If you slakkadacktyls ain't drunk and yellin' "Ess E See" by the 3rd, I'm cancelling your SECebt Card, dammit!!!
    You haven’t been a State fan long enough.