Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Opening Line: State -14.5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Jayden Daniels was their ONLY offense last night, and some of their fans were calling for him to be benched
    He missed alot of reads throwing the ball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Believe this ? rain in forecast in Tucson Saturday. Now, what do you think about it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He missed alot of reads throwing the ball.
    He's a one read take off guy been like that his whole college career

vCash
    I thought from reading all the posts here on how much a 2021 1-11 team with a new coach(?) and 50* new portal players had improved, that there was no way we could win a "trap game" with our returning SEC team against mighty AZ. Don't forget the game is also past our bedtime. Didn't we forfeit and all bets are off? Seriously, if we don't win this game, we are in for a very long, losing season. I think not. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I thought from reading all the posts here on how much a 2021 1-11 team with a new coach(?) and 50* new portal players had improved, that there was no way we could win a "trap game" with our returning SEC team against mighty AZ. Don't forget the game is also past our bedtime. Didn't we forfeit and all bets are off? Seriously, if we don't win this game, we are in for a very long, losing season. I think not. Hail State!
    We are vastly more talented than AZ.

As one AZ message board guy wrote: "MSU runs the same defense as San Diego State and we handled them just fine."

If I was in football operations that would be printed out in large font and stuck on every defensive player's locker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Believe this ? rain in forecast in Tucson Saturday. Now, what do you think about it?
    Not seeing that anywhere

Banned
    vCash
    At this point I don't know what to tell you. You've not listened to what people (and I am one of them) have told you.

It's not so much the team that I'm scared of. It's the "PAC-12 After Dark" moniker. Those games just go dumb sometimes. We play this game in any other time slot or if it was against a non-PAC12 team at that time then there's no concerns.

Some things just defy logic, like how Iowa's QB has a 1:8 TD:INT ratio in his last 7 games and Iowa is 5-2. You can't explain it. The PAC 12 After Dark just is. Don't be surprised if we are a victim. And then don't be surprised if it's our only loss prior to Bama. Draw no conclusions from this game.

vCash
    They have a huge O line, a pretty good rb from FSU and a good receiver. Their q b is streaky and when he’s on he’s good and hard to contain. They could give us some problems if we aren’t focused. Their D is a mystery with a new DC but he’s from the pac 12, and has faced Leach before.

They are a decent team and due to a huge amount of transfers don’t bear any resemblance to last years team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    At this point I don't know what to tell you. You've not listened to what people (and I am one of them) have told you.

It's not so much the team that I'm scared of. It's the "PAC-12 After Dark" moniker. Those games just go dumb sometimes. We play this game in any other time slot or if it was against a non-PAC12 team at that time then there's no concerns.

Some things just defy logic, like how Iowa's QB has a 1:8 TD:INT ratio in his last 7 games and Iowa is 5-2. You can't explain it. The PAC 12 After Dark just is. Don't be surprised if we are a victim. And then don't be surprised if it's our only loss prior to Bama. Draw no conclusions from this game.

LOL, yeah, some sort of voodoo is going to bite us in the rear end! We either play well (we are ready) or we don't (we are not ready)! It is as simple as that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    LOL, yeah, some sort of voodoo is going to bite us in the rear end! We either play well (we are ready) or we don't (we are not ready)! It is as simple as that!
    And this is not lost on Leach. You could tell by the last couple of pressers. He knows the PAC12. Also per Steve the usual away football schedule has been tweaked for the west coast. They are staying up later Friday and getting up late morning Saturday.

vCash
    If any of you are coming out for the game, feel free to ask questions. Should be a fun game…..hopefully

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Azcatman View Post
    Thought I would pop in and answer any questions you might have about our team and especially Tucson if you are making the trip down. Last time we saw the Pirate we lit him up for 52 but of course you guys are much different and we have been digging ourselves out of the Sumlin grave. Should be a fun night and hope you all can stay up late and watch
    Give us time. We are still talking about our Saturdays game and the LSU game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Give us time. We are still talking about our Saturdays game and the LSU game.
    lol that was a classic

vCash
    The San Diego State starting QB only made 10 pass attempts. Not sure an offense could have prepared Arizona less for what they are going to see from Leach and Company. Rogers might throw that many on the opening drive. Random tidbit, Jalen Mayden now plays SAFETY at San Diego State. https://goaztecs.com/sports/football...en-mayden/7671

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    The San Diego State starting QB only made 10 pass attempts. Not sure an offense could have prepared Arizona less for what they are going to see from Leach and Company. Rogers might throw that many on the opening drive. Random tidbit, Jalen Mayden now plays SAFETY at San Diego State. https://goaztecs.com/sports/football...en-mayden/7671
    Athlon preview for both SDSU and Arizona are pretty good write ups.

SDSU lost three starting O lineman and their leading rusher. That explains some things.

Arizona added 41 players in the spring and 15 in the summer. Jed Fisch is mentioned as a ?motivational guru/marketing genius/ceo type?.... barf. Really they could have skipped the BS and said he was given a big NIL check book.

vCash
    I stand corrected. The "Pac-12 after Dark" will get us, much like "LSU voodoo" because they are so close to New Orleans. "Dead Indian Burial Ground" hurts us at home. No wonder it is so hard to be a State fan and we are a constant also ran. We are doomed Saturday night, but will still beat every SEC game except GA/AL. WOW.**** Hail State and we beat AZ or I reluctantly eat all that bitter crow!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-06-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I stand corrected. The "Pac-12 after Dark" will get us, much like "LSU voodoo" because they are so close to New Orleans. "Dead Indian Burial Ground" hurts us at home. No wonder it is so hard to be a State fan and we are a constant also ran. We are doomed Saturday night, but will still beat every SEC game except GA/AL. WOW.**** Hail State and we beat AZ or I reluctantly each all that bitter crow!
    I bet on State -8.5 FWIW. I'm just telling you to not to be surprised. I watched that Wazzu - UCLA 2019 game. I know what I saw. It defies logic.

https://theathletic.com/1231850/2019...12-after-dark/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I bet on State -8.5 FWIW. I'm just telling you to not to be surprised. I watched that Wazzu - UCLA 2019 game. I know what I saw. It defies logic.

https://theathletic.com/1231850/2019...12-after-dark/
    Am a State fan who saw my first game against Memphis at Crump Stadium at age 8. Nothing surprises me at this point. Really need this win for an above average year and momentum to LSU. Surely we can overcome the "Pac 12 at Night" with Leach's experience in that atmosphere and our talent superiority/experienced team will get the win. Hail State!

vCash
    Let me extend the olive branch and answer any questions you Might have if your headed to Tucson

vCash
    Are visitors not welcomed here?