Thread: Arizona Opening Line: State -14.5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Azcatman View Post
    Are visitors not welcomed here?
    Not generally. And new posters aren't allowed to post without approval

vCash
    Don't feel bad sometimes fellow Dawgs get a rough time. How do you feel about the game, your chances to win, & the so-called "Pac 12 After Dark" issue from your perspective? Heck, we have a bama fan who posts here regularly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    We are vastly more talented than AZ.

As one AZ message board guy wrote: "MSU runs the same defense as San Diego State and we handled them just fine."

If I was in football operations that would be printed out in large font and stuck on every defensive player's locker.
    We may run the same defense, but our athletes are mean, big, and fast. Oh yeah, and nasty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We may run the same defense, but our athletes are mean, big, and fast. Oh yeah, and nasty.
    This. If you watch the az/sdsu game you'll see sdsu has an undersized defensive line and lb corps and not near the speed we have on defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. If you watch the az/sdsu game you'll see sdsu has an undersized defensive line and lb corps and not near the speed we have on defense
    Our defense is going to shock the hail out of them in the 1st quarter. How will they respond?

vCash
    As long as you are not a Mississippi Bear you are welcome here. You might have to prove you are not one of those douche bag from up North Mississippi. For the record I think you are a Arizona Fan. I am worried about the game. Our last couple of games played out West did not go well for us. Altitude, times zones and travel seems to be the problems. Also WE will be at a disadvantage having SEC refs calling the game. They never do us right on the out of conference road games. Watch we will get screwed a couple of times. Our team plays several games every year in stadiums with crowds 100K plus. Crowd is not the issue. However I always look forwards to the return visit to our Stadium. It is small with a bout 62K but it is the loudest stadium your team will ever play in. One more thing spelling does not apply here.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-06-2022 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Welcome Azcatman.
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.

vCash
    Give us the low down Azcatman.

The AZ message boards are pretty cocky after beating SDSU.

vCash
    yes and welcome ... how's your pass rush ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Guess it took a few days for the admins to approve me

Looking forward to the game Saturday. We have been in the football abyss since Sumlin. We had gone to 8 bowls from 08-17 until he got here. We had the dumber Stoops brother (Mike) and Rich Rod as our coaches before stumbling Sumlin.

We know Leach and in fact hung 59 on him in 17. Of course he didn’t have SEC level lineman so this will be much different. Most of us were not behind the Jedd Fisch hire but we now know we were wrong. He has done a great job turning over the roster in a few short years. He was hired Christmas 2020 so he didn’t have his recruits until this year. When you see a bunch of tall Libby players out there, think freshman. He worked the portal well this past year so we have 50 new players on our roster.

Our secondary is our strength on defense but can we get any pressure on your QB? Also if we can’t run it we are toast

vCash
    Pass rush has been better. Kyon Barrs is a potential Sunday guy and Echols is a transfer from USC. Jalen Harris is big and strong but I think he lacks speed off the edge. It remains to be seen if we can pressure your QB well enough

vCash
    The campus is beautiful if anyone will be coming out to Tucson. Tailgating on the mall is fantastic. Just say hi and smile and you will be very welcomed. The stadium is a bit old (1929) and needs some refreshing but that got sidetracked due to Covid.

The student section is by far the best in the conference, 10k strong and loud. This won’t be Death Valley or the swamp though. We have new field turf laid down this summer. Could get some rain but it never rains long in the desert.

vCash
    Someone said our fans were cocky after our win? I think excited is more accurate. A sense of hope is back and optimism abounds. Most are hoping for a close game and maybe we can pull it out late (pun intended with the 8pm start).

We have been bad for far to long so I am sure you can understand a road win tastes pretty good. If this was basketball, cocky would fit. It’s football and hopeful is all we have LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    yes and welcome ... how's your pass rush ?
    I think this is a key to the game and maybe every game MSU plays. The second part is how many men does it take to get pressure?

If Will gets all day, then can you out score us because we got guys who get open in space and Will will find them. Only other way is we don't score in the red zone.

vCash
    Hell, our own get devoured around here. Don't worry about it.

vCash
    Haha not worried about it at all. We can’t do much real talking being so bad in the recent years. Just want to welcome you all to Tucson. Planning on coming out to Starkville next year

vCash
    Your kids are not quick to approve posts that’s for sure but zi assume they have lives unlike a lot of us who spend to much time on message boards LOL

vCash
    Your kids are not quick to approve posts that’s for sure but zi assume they have lives unlike a lot of us who spend to much time on message boards LOL
    You should be cleared now.

vCash
    I worked in AZ for several months recently. Very scenic state. Wish I was working there now then I could go see this game.

Even if it rains I wouldn't worry too much. The humidity is so low water will evaporate very quick. I was in a steady rain one time and never got wet. It was evaporating at the same rate it was coming down.

I think state wins but they need to take the game serious.

Then we can focus on LSU who's fighting to be relavent.

vCash
    DJ Williams is a guy you should know. He was at Auburn and Malzahn recommended him to Fisch. He is in the RB rotation with Wiley (our best pass catcher ou th of the RB’s) and a true freshman, Jonah Coleman. They will rotate in and out almost every play. We generally use a one back set with a TE but we go double TE’s every now and then.

Fisch worked for Belichek and McVey and this offense is supposedly the rams offense. Nansen is calling the defensive signals for the first time in his career. He did really good against SDSU. We gave up one TD and one FG. They got a FG on a turnover and we blocked our own punt in the end zone. It really wouldn’t surprise me if this game went under the number

I do worry about your defense as I think Arnett is a really good hire by Leach
    Last edited by Azcatman; 09-07-2022 at 05:40 PM.