Thread: Dan M is impressing me on ESPN he is a natural in front of the camera.

vCash

Dan M is impressing me on ESPN he is a natural in front of the camera.

nm

vCash
    I remember he did the Coach's Roundtable stream for a national title game while he was still our coach and he was far and away the smartest guy at the table.

Despite our distaste for how he acted at the end of every season, he's going to do well as long as he decides to stay in broadcasting.

vCash
    2 years from now, Dan will replace leach after he retires. He'll wanna be here next time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    2 years from now, Dan will replace leach after he retires. He'll wanna be here next time
    I wouldn’t be upset.

vCash
    Ha! I seriously doubt either party would be interested in the other, especially if Cohen is still the AD

vCash
    He looked like a bobble head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Ha! I seriously doubt either party would be interested in the other, especially if Cohen is still the AD
    I remember when Mullen first came to State, someone wrote an article about his first six months or year (can’t remember the exact time frame) as HC at State. They talked about how Mullen and Cohen had become good friends. Of course going from colleagues to boss/employee can change things.

vCash
    He perfected his technique on all those job interviews he went on.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I wouldn't hate it

vCash
    We like what Dan did because he took our crappy program and made it respectable. Got real facilities built, recruited borderline top 25, etc. But with the SEC money, any coach we hire can do that.

So, I'd want Dan to replace Leach of he can win more games than another hire. I doubt he can- 1) his offense was elite when Tebow was in school, not so sire he's an "offensive guru" anymore. 2) he is a famously lazy recruiter, and that was WHEN he was trying to land a better job. Dan round 2, where he just wants to coach a few more years for old times sake? Yeah I highly doubt he'd fight many recruiting battles.

I just dont think he still has the same fire, which he needs to be successful.

vCash
    He liked us alright. He was just intensely driven by ego or whatever. He drove himself where his ego took him. Then when he arrived it wasn't what he thought it would be. Now maybe he's arrived at his true destination...in the studio as a pretty damn good observer and analyst...no where else for him to go unless he pursues an NFL job of some kind or they pursue him.

vCash
    What games he on?

vCash
    Cohen should be fired if he rehires Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Cohen should be fired if he rehires Mullen.
    You can rest east bc it won't happen, but you act like we've been so much better before and after him.

vCash
    You can rest east bc it won't happen, but you act like we've been so much better before and after him.
    But following Croom would make just about any coach a rock star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    But following Croom would make just about any coach a rock star.
    Our current HC has a .458 winning %

vCash
    I like Dan. His mistake was leaving us for the dumpster fire that is Florida..
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 09-03-2022 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    Not sure how you got that from my post. I will never support bringing Mullen back because of the way he left, him job shopping every year, and choking in big games. We're set up as an Air Raid style team now. Go hire an Air Raid style coach not a retread that will do the same to us as he did before.

vCash
    Our current HC has a .458 winning %
    I wasn't talking about Leach. I was talking about a coach following Croom. But you know that.

vCash
    Never heard of her