Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downing a punt vs Memphis

vCash

Downing a punt vs Memphis

If that situation arises again, I hope whomever is downing the punt holds that MFer to the turf for several seconds, and waits until the Ref approaches him, and then hands the Ref the football and tells him "mark this ball dead, by god"

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would make a gigantic deal out of our first punt sometime during the 4th quarter. I would punt it, run up to the ball, down it, and then let the next player down it. Then let the next player down it. Then the next. Make sure you do it and take 3-4 seconds per player. Then pick up the ball and slowly hand it to the ref. Take you time. Make sure everyone knows you are calling them out.

Something to think about, Memphis should bring AAC Refs with them as the visitor. So this group has nothing to do with last years group. So maybe we just make a quick joke out of it and move on. Hopefully we are up 52 pts by the time we punt the first time.

vCash
    Robbie Faulk was saying the back judge threw a bean bag marking the ball as down/dead. Then the officials told Leach he was forbidden from challenging the play.

IMO that is not a mistake or incompetence that is likely criminal gambling interests. That kind of shit happens way too often to be a innocent mistake.

This is on top of Memphis having two players with the same number on the field.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 09-02-2022 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Two things I'd like to see in the game tomorrow:

1) Leave no doubt. Don't necessarily try to run up the score but do not hold back, nor get conservative.

2) After each and every punt we down, our player pick the ball up, two hand carry it cradled in both arms like a fresh handoff, walk up to the official and physically hand him the ball. Nothing obnoxious about but clearly sends the message.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Robbie Faulk was saying the back judge threw a bean bag marking the ball as down/dead. Then the officials told Leach he was forbidden from challenging the play.

IMO that is not a mistake or incompetence that is likely criminal gambling interests. That kind of shit happens way too often to be a innocent mistake.

Leach should have should his a_s so much that he got ejected over that.

vCash
    I would imagine we will have AAC refs. Hopefully they are wanting to make a good impressions to the SEC. With expansion the SEC is going to need more refs. Hopefully they are using it as a job interview and get all the calls correct.

vCash
    And it was a SEC crew last year and probably the worst graded one in the conference. Don't forget, Memphis also had two players in on the play wearing the same number and the "officials" also missed that. Talk about no respect for a SEC team. I doubt this would ever happen in a bama game. I read one of the officials was suspended after this mess. Too little, too late for an incompetent crew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Leach should have should his a_s so much that he got ejected over that.
    Yep. I would have went bananas, probably would have gotten suspended or worse. Blatant fraud cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    And it was a SEC crew last year and probably the worst graded one in the conference. Don't forget, Memphis also had two players in on the play wearing the same number and the "officials" also missed that. Talk about no respect for a SEC team. I doubt this would ever happen in a bama game. I read one of the officials was suspended after this mess. Too little, too late for an incompetent crew.
    I want to know what went on between the replay official and the head ref. You know he was buzzing down saying "Hey, you guys effed up big time!".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I read one of the officials was suspended after this mess.
    I heard the Ref that threw the beanbag and waved his arms (back judge, I think) did not officiate in another game the rest of the year. And of course, the leader of the crew was Mark Curles, notorious for bad calls.

And the SEC issued an acknowledgment after the game that we got screwed. Nobody cared because, well, M State.
    The world would shut down if it was Bama.

vCash
    We were sloppy, get over it. That game was our fault.

vCash
    I want them to dig pile on the ball. First player curl up on top of it in the fetal position and then the remaining 10 players all come and lay on top of him.

vCash
    Or just down it for more than a millisecond so the refs can’t eff it up.

And don’t give up a scoop & score at midfield on a bad qb/rb exchange to boot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I heard the Ref that threw the beanbag and waved his arms (back judge, I think) did not officiate in another game the rest of the year. And of course, the leader of the crew was Mark Curles, notorious for bad calls.

And the SEC issued an acknowledgment after the game that we got screwed. Nobody cared because, well, M State.

Yep, funny how that works.

I remember several years ago Texas was highly ranked and was going to be the big 12 representative in one of the big bowls. Late in the season they were playing a bad Kansas team on the road. Well Kansas was fired up and they were winning the game comfortably and in complete control late. The officials went on a jihad and called Kansas for PI about three times in a row when there wasn’t a defender with five yards of the reciever. Holding calls , whatever they could pull out of their ass. Probably the most rigged sporting event I’ve ever seen, by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

I forgot about the 2 players with the same number.

We better destroy them tomorrow.

Our 3rd team better be in passing running up the score after Will has his way with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

No, Curles was back judge in several games after that on tv that I saw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Two things I'd like to see in the game tomorrow:

1) Leave no doubt. Don't necessarily try to run up the score but do not hold back, nor get conservative.

2) After each and every punt we down, our player pick the ball up, two hand carry it cradled in both arms like a fresh handoff, walk up to the official and physically hand him the ball. Nothing obnoxious about but clearly sends the message.
    I'd throw it into the stands

vCash
    I'd do something like

Have every player down the ball. Just like any other play, 11 players swarm the ball.

After downing the ball pick it up and bring it to the ref and make him take the ball.

Follow the ball all over the field until the ref makes us leave the field.

If I'm Leach, I talk to ST by theirselves. That play will never happen again in the history of MSU football. Yep that would be my hill to die on and fire up the ST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    We were sloppy, get over it. That game was our fault.
    No winning team plays a perfect game. We got screwed that cost us the game, plain and simple. We statistically killed them. Memphis executed way, way less than we did and didn't deserve to win.

This mentality is why poor ole MSU gets treated like we do by the SEC. Time to stand up and be a man and defend what is right instead of just taking crap.

vCash
    So basically what I?m hearing is that we want downing a punt to be on Sportscenter. Don?t do so much that we get flagged for delay of game but make sure they know we remembered.