Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moorhead

vCash

Moorhead

Don?t look now but Akron is tied with St Francis with under 5 minutes left. Sheesh he can?t coach.

vCash
    I wonder if all the Akron players had their fingers measured for championship rings?***

vCash
    Shocking to absolutely nobody.

Good football mind but he is not a HC. He doesnt project discipline or toughness. He would make alot more money and be alot more successful as a P5 OC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    St Francis is a very small school here in Southwest PA near where I live. I don’t think they have ever beat a d1 team. Moorhead is a mess as a head coach. He needs to stick to OC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Shocking to absolutely nobody.

Good football mind but he is not a HC. He doesnt project discipline or toughness. He would make alot more money and be alot more successful as a P5 OC
    I'm not sure he's a great OC. He certainly understands RPO's, but he was loaded with talent at Penn State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm not sure he's a great OC. He certainly understands RPO's, but he was loaded with talent at Penn State.
    I never said great- I said good. He has had success over the years. His decisions at State does leave one to wonder
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    He's terrible. i don't even think he was a good OC. Horrendous head coach.

Cohen is lucky (imo) he didnt get fired for that one.

Moorhead showed up at State and I'm convinced he didnt know our team. I bet he never watched our film before he got here. He coached like he had the 85 Bears and coached them like BYU back in the 80s...just brain dead.

I'll never get over it. It was soooo dumb.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    He was also very petty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    He was also very petty
    The dickens you say? The guy was so electrifyingly sensitive he could fire up a light bulb between his ass cheeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    He's terrible. i don't even think he was a good OC. Horrendous head coach.

Cohen is lucky (imo) he didnt get fired for that one.

Moorhead showed up at State and I'm convinced he didnt know our team. I bet he never watched our film before he got here. He coached like he had the 85 Bears and coached them like BYU back in the 80s...just brain dead.

I'll never get over it. It was soooo dumb.
    He had the 85 Bears defense SEC version when he got here.

I still say that was a tough situation because we had a veteran defense and a QB that had set some records for us along with some good backs. Honestly our WR's were lacking in hindsight and Fitz was never a great passer. Asking Fitz to make three or four reads while a play was progressing was probably a little too much on his plate.

In hindsight we should have hired Leach and brought in Minchew taking the PR hit pushing Fitz out or we should have hired someone that ran the spread option like Dan did.

vCash
    I was in Akron on Wednesday and chilling in the team hotel. I kept seeing the Akron players walk around and I was thinking ?I don?t like Akron? but I couldn?t remember why until I started to google them and I saw Moorhead was their coach and it clicked.

Yes, as y?all all said he was and seems to be a bad fit for a head coaching job. I think his offense works with highly talented players. That?s it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I still say that was a tough situation because we had a veteran defense and a QB that had set some records for us along with some good backs. Honestly our WR's were lacking in hindsight and Fitz was never a great passer. Asking Fitz to make three or four reads while a play was progressing was probably a little too much on his plate.

In hindsight we should have hired Leach and brought in Minchew taking the PR hit pushing Fitz out or we should have hired someone that ran the spread option like Dan did.
    Fitz wasn't a great passer - but he was more than serviceable when he had decent WR to throw to. in '16 with Ross and Gray his 2400+ yards was our 4th best season ever. But our WR in '17 were all injured and in '18 couldn't catch a cold.

Bringing Leach and Minchew in '18 would have tanked that season even further - and would have completely soured our fan base on Leach even more than it did on SloMo. There was no one to throw to. The reason the Mustachioed QB did so well at WSU was he was surrounded by an offensive unit that knew that system very well. No way he repeats that at MSU in '18 with a team built for a power run game.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

There is no "or". We were built to win immediately with a power spread option coach. If you're MSU, you just can't give up a roster like we had in 2018 to tinker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Fitz wasn't a great passer - but he was more than serviceable when he had decent WR to throw to. in '16 with Ross and Gray his 2400+ yards was our 4th best season ever. But our WR in '17 were all injured and in '18 couldn't catch a cold.

Bringing Leach and Minchew in '18 would have tanked that season even further - and would have completely soured our fan base on Leach even more than it did on SloMo. There was no one to throw to. The reason the Mustachioed QB did so well at WSU was he was surrounded by an offensive unit that knew that system very well. No way he repeats that at MSU in '18 with a team built for a power run game.
    Go back and see how many dropped passes Fitz's wr had. With our defense and a power running game-we should have won 10 games easily. Fitz the toughest SOB to ever wear the maroon.

vCash
    370 total yards on a high school team. Love it

vCash
    Listened to his postgame presser and I think he tried to fit in every corny saying he had for two years here into a 8 minute press conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

This is something I think a lot of people still fail to realize when trying to predict the potential of the Air Raid against returning experience. Enough WR's knowing the offense inside and out is every bit as important as it is for the QB, possibly more so depending on the situation.

vCash
    Had to win in OT vs St. Francis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    This is something I think a lot of people still fail to realize when trying to predict the potential of the Air Raid against returning experience. Enough WR's knowing the offense inside and out is every bit as important as it is for the QB, possibly more so depending on the situation.
    Good post. I might add that it is equally important for our receivers to run their route and FINISH their route. We had some guys quit on their routes last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Go back and see how many dropped passes Fitz's wr had. With our defense and a power running game-we should have won 10 games easily. Fitz the toughest SOB to ever wear the maroon.
    You don't have to sell me on Fitz - I spent alot of time get bashed on here for defending Fitz. And the drops are exactly what I'm talking about when I said our WR in '18 couldn't catch a cold. Those drops for Fitz would have been multiplied 10x if we had been running an Air Raid in '18 with Minchew. Fitz did have an obvious ceiling on his talent, but for a guy who had thrown fewer than 100 passes in football games prior to coming to MSU, he did damn well for himself and MSU.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18