Thread: 247 Team Talent Rankings

vCash

247 Team Talent Rankings

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...lentComposite/

List isn?t shocking at all tbh. I am shocked that Arkansas apparently has more talent than us.

vCash
    According to the list were 12th in the conference

vCash
    The transfer portal has distorted this.

Our average player rankings is better this year than last year & years before, but because of the portal & different teams having different needs, the talent rankings aren't as streamlined as in past years.

If you've got an experienced, good 3 star QB then there was no reason to pursue the likes of Rattler or Dart. If you've got two starting RBs that know your system, maybe it's not worth it for you to pursue Zach Evans.

So, they system is off. I'm sure there is correlation of talent within groups, such as teams 1-5 are pretty close, 6-12 are pretty close, & 13-35 are probably pretty close. However, the actual order has been thrown off due to the portal.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The transfer portal has distorted this.

Our average player rankings is better this year than last year & years before, but because of the portal & different teams having different needs, the talent rankings aren't as streamlined as in past years.

If you've got an experienced, good 3 star QB then there was no reason to pursue the likes of Rattler or Dart. If you've got two starting RBs that know your system, maybe it's not worth it for you to pursue Zach Evans.

So, they system is off. I'm sure there is correlation of talent within groups, such as teams 1-5 are pretty close, 6-12 are pretty close, & 13-35 are probably pretty close. However, the actual order has been thrown off due to the portal.
    The Gap between Alabama, Ohio State , and Georgia is massive ( non 247 shit) I'm talking about what you see on the field.

Those teams are the only ones that I will go into any game this season and be massively shocked if they even have game within 7 points in the final score ( except for Georgia, I think they can lose a game against HailState or Tennessee ( no I do not believe in Kentucky at all this season)

vCash
    But anyone with a brain can tell this doesn't tell the whole story obviously because Auburn is not a top 20 team in the country, neither is LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    The Gap between Alabama, Ohio State , and Georgia is massive ( non 247 shit) I'm talking about what you see on the field.

Those teams are the only ones that I will go into any game this season and be massively shocked if they even have game within 7 points in the final score ( except for Georgia, I think they can lose a game against HailState or Tennessee ( no I do not believe in Kentucky at all this season)
    Yes. They're clearly is a gap with them.

However, the difference between 15 & 35 in talent rankings likely more has to do with portal needs

vCash
    Another reason why 9-3 against the toughest league schedule in the sec should garner Leach sec coach of the year honors.

But I've long said roughly 1-10 matters in recruiting rankings, but 11-30 is a toss up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Another reason why 9-3 against the toughest league schedule in the sec should garner Leach sec coach of the year honors.

But I've long said roughly 1-10 matters in recruiting rankings, but 11-30 is a toss up.
    I'd argue that only 1- 4 or 5 matters

vCash
    Pretty amazing tamu has 46 four stars we have 23, they have 10 five stars we have zero. Most of us feel there’s a good chance we win that game. This system can’t be “too bad” because we are not going to out talent them.

LSU is eighth most talented roster in the country, we are 29th.

Look at Iowa #36 most talented roster and they are ranked 10-20 about every year. That state has some serious lineman/athlete genetics. Lots of German/polish farmers up there. 6-5 300 grows on trees.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 09-01-2022 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Another reason why 9-3 against the toughest league schedule in the sec should garner Leach sec coach of the year honors. .

Until the season ends- we have no idea who has the toughest schedule in the SEC. Everything right now is conjecture. Pitt was a 7.5 favorite against WV at home- and WV is up 7 with 8 mins left. All conjecture until we get hard evidence
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    State has a higher number of blue chip players than at any point that I have known at 23. That link only went back to 2015.

It was close in 2018.

The portal has changed things but this NIL deals are making it almost impossible to get that 5 star to stick around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Until the season ends- we have no idea who has the toughest schedule in the SEC. Everything right now is conjecture. Pitt was a 7.5 favorite against WV at home- and WV is up 7 with 8 mins left. All conjecture until we get hard evidence
    Meh. It's between us and auburn. We're the only two that play the entire west and Georgia. Auburn plays Mizzou (at home I think) and we play KY on the road.