Thread: Tickets for Memphis game

vCash

Tickets for Memphis game

Just checked stubhub, surprised at the amount of seats available for this game, at a pretty good price too. Memphis fans not traveling well ? I thought this game would be sold out by now.

vCash
    They said on T&L, they would be happy with a 50k crowd. Must be smoke signals that sales are low.

With that said, I may have to buy two more. I went and checked the HailState site first. Only sections sold out are 4, 20, 21.

Colleges have out priced the common fan.

vCash
    Yes they have outpriced the common fan, especially with this shithole economy poopy pants has created. People are hurting, probably will affect attendance every where this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    They said on T&L, they would be happy with a 50k crowd. Must be smoke signals that sales are low.

With that said, I may have to buy two more. I went and checked the HailState site first. Only sections sold out are 4, 20, 21.

Last week, people connected to the AD said they were expecting 55K or so.

T&L?s predictions seemed low to me. I bet there?s easily 50+

That said, attendance is going to really start regressing unless more teams feel they have a puncher?s chance at playing for something more than a mid level bowl.

Bowl hopes don?t get people to the stadium. Competing for championships does, but 3 teams currently have a monopoly on that.

Lastly, I think recruiting rankings have also caused attendance to regress as they?ve shown exactly how big the gap is and how you have no chance. Not much you can do about those though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Yes they have outpriced the common fan, especially with this shithole economy poopy pants has create do . People are hurting, probably will affect attendance every where this season.
    Lack of parity in sport is a bigger driver to lower attendance than price IMO. People pay to watch winning or watch with hope.

For now, there are only 3 teams that win in CFB and about 5 more with any hope. That?s it.

People will pay to watch a good product in person but the current set up of college football is a bad product that is only propped up because the NFL can?t play games on Saturday and America craves football of any sort.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-31-2022 at 09:06 PM.

vCash

Yep and so easy and cheaper to watch at home. TV provides $, colleges provide programming. When was our last hard sellout? as noted about 3 to 8 teams have a hope to make playoffs. Evertone else is the Washington Generals playing for about 75 meaningless bowls, many owned by networks for more programming. Bowl attendance has also fallen and means little except more practice for next year. We continue to go for 50 plus years out of tradition, to see family/friends, and love for MSU.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-31-2022 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Definitely the lack of parity and corruption are contributing but I think the economy, inflation and gas prices are going to keep some fans at home .

vCash
    I still prefer to see the Dawgs play in person and my MSU Sr son and I have been to every home game since he was about 2 and his first game was at six months old. Family still has 8 season tickets, but we no longer plan a road trip or go to the bowl games that used to mean something. Last couple of bowls we attended we bought tickets through MSU and our seats were literally on the top two rows on a frigid night in Nashville. There were literally thousands of empty seats between us and the lower deck. We walked down low to escape the wind and get a lower seat. As far as wins, my maroon colored glasses have dimmed over the years. Hoping for 8-4 including a win over OM. I go at home but don't expect to beat bama or contend for the West, but how many SEC teams really do. No parity in college game.

vCash
    Yep. The problem is the Top 6 teams in the NCAA are Alabama 1st team, Ohio State 1st team, Georgia 1st team, Alabama 2nd team, Ohio State 2nd team, Georgia 2nd team. Oklahoma and Clemson probably drop in there after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yep. The problem is the Top 6 teams in the NCAA are Alabama 1st team, Ohio State 1st team, Georgia 1st team, Alabama 2nd team, Ohio State 2nd team, Georgia 2nd team. Oklahoma and Clemson probably drop in there after that.
    LSU occasionally gets in the group and A&M is buying their way into that group, but they?re having to spend the GDP of a developing nation to get there, which also isn?t realistic for most any other school.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Definitely the lack of parity and corruption are contributing but I think the economy, inflation and gas prices are going to keep some fans at home .
    Nope. It is the price of hotels and tickets. Cheaper to sit at home and watch the season and then take a 2k vacation.

vCash
    Even the students aren't buying tickets this time. Numbers are down everywhere due to a bad product, tv, and costs.
    They'll have both upper decks in balconies in a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Nope. It is the price of hotels and tickets. Cheaper to sit at home and watch the season and then take a 2k vacation.
    To say it?s one thing is dumb.

It?s obviously a mixture of things which includes lack of parity, expense, and TVs.

If you gave away tickets for free and paid for everyone?s gas money to the game, im pretty sure attendance would still be down because people don?t want the hassle for a sport where only a few teams can compete.

vCash
    My .02.... For MIssissippi State specifically this weekend........Ticket prices combined with the cheaper option of TV plus the last weekend of summer is the first factors keeping us from a sell out this weekend. Most people in the GTR can not afford tickets or are unwilling to pay that amount. Other fans that could afford tickets can go to the lake or where ever this weekend and still see the game.

Specific to MSU, you can go on Hail State now, there are more tickets available for sale in sections 3 and 5. Than tickets for sale in sections 2 and 6. I believe that has to do with the required seat donation. However let us be undefeated into the aTm game.....I bet we sell out.

I agree if MSU had a real chance to win a NC....we have a larger crowd. However, Alabama has tickets for sale in every section, right now, for as cheap as $45 in the lower level for the Utah St game. BUT....match ups matter. Ohio State (v ND) has tickets in every section for sale this weekend but starting at $700 in the lower level.

vCash
    My .02.... For MIssissippi State specifically this weekend........Ticket prices combined with the cheaper option of TV plus the last weekend of summer is the first factors keeping us from a sell out this weekend. Most people in the GTR can not afford tickets or are unwilling to pay that amount. Other fans that could afford tickets can go to the lake or where ever this weekend and still see the game.

Specific to MSU, you can go on Hail State now, there are more tickets available for sale in sections 3 and 5. Than tickets for sale in sections 2 and 6. I believe that has to do with the required seat donation. However let us be undefeated into the aTm game.....I bet we sell out.

I agree if MSU had a real chance to win a NC....we have a larger crowd. However, Alabama has tickets for sale in every section, right now, for as cheap as $45 in the lower level for the Utah St game. BUT....match ups matter. Ohio State (v ND) has tickets in every section for sale this weekend but starting at $700 in the lower level.
    You can't blame ticket prices for the Memphis game as they are $35. Are they even bringing that on secondary market? There will be hundreds for sell outside the stadium, very cheap. This will be like the joke, "I left 4 season tickets on my car dash with concession $ and my fully gassed vehicle running as I went into Walmart. When I came out, everything was still there." Many reasons why college FB attendance is down nationwide.

vCash
    Attendance figures will be tickets distributed. There hasnt been 55K+ butts in seats since Moorhead vs Mullen.
    Pitt - WVA will draw a record crowd tonight.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 09-01-2022 at 05:06 PM.