Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart Out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Walley aint quicker than Rufus Harvey. Rufus is going to turn those stick routes into 15-20 yard gains if he has space
    Listening to Austin talk about Rufus yesterday got me kinda woolly. Rufus got high praise from him.

vCash
    He just needs a little stickem on his hands! *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's called not catching the ball consistently
    I guess I have selective memory but I didn't realize he wasn't reliable catching. Thought he was great as a freshman and battling injuries as a sophomore. Only bad drop I remember was against Ole Miss last year when we dropped two TD passes in a row, only one of which was Walley I think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I guess I have selective memory but I didn't realize he wasn't reliable catching. Thought he was great as a freshman and battling injuries as a sophomore. Only bad drop I remember was against Ole Miss last year when we dropped two TD passes in a row, only one of which was Walley I think?
    Walley wasn?t involved in any of that. The first two were Marks, the third was Tulu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He's not Stonehands or anything but the guys are graded every day at practice and let's just say he's not getting an A
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He's not Stonehands or anything but the guys are graded every day at practice and let's just say he's not getting an A
    Walley has had his best camp of his career. He or Ducking will be the best receiver on our roster this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Walley has had his best camp of his career. He or Ducking will be the best receiver on our roster this year.
    So you are saying he is only dropping 3 out 10 as opposed to 5 out of 10? That WOULD be an improvement.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    So you are saying he is only dropping 3 out 10 as opposed to 5 out of 10? That WOULD be an improvement.
    He has been extremely consistent in camp. Anyone taking that depth chart seriously is mistaken. Crumedy won't even dress for months. Last year that depth chart had a walk on starting at tailback for then entire year on it. It's not correct and Walley hasn't had a bad camp at all. The exact opposite, actually. You don't have to take my word for it either. Literally every single media member that attended every day of training camp is saying the exact same thing about Walley. Practices were open to the media. It isn't some big secret that he routinely stood out.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-31-2022 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    nobody is saying the guy isnt electric at times
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He has been extremely consistent in camp. Anyone taking that depth chart seriously is mistaken. Crumedy won't even dress for months. Last year that depth chart had a walk on starting at tailback for then entire year on it. It's not correct and Walley hasn't had a bad camp at all. The exact opposite, actually. You don't have to take my word for it either. Literally every single media member that attended every day of training camp is saying the exact same thing about Walley. Practices were open to the media. It isn't some big secret that he routinely stood out.
    Yeah, ourlads.com isn't official by any means. We should see the official one soon, probably tomorrow. Ourlads should be treated as a best guess, at best.

vCash
    I want to see them in a game to see if any of them will be good. Some guys suck in practice but looks like all americans in games. Some guys look like all americans in practice but suck in games. Some guy look good in both.

vCash
    "It's practice. You guys are talking about practice," Allen Iverson. Saturday and games to come will separate the winners from the pretenders.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    nobody is saying the guy isnt electric at times
    No but someone did say he isn't being graded well at practice. This has been his best/most consistent camp, per virtually every media member that has attended camp. They have no reason to single him out specifically on daily practice reports but they do.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-31-2022 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    Walley aint quicker than Rufus Harvey. Rufus is going to turn those stick routes into 15-20 yard gains if he has space
    Wasn't he a last minute take in recruiting / wasn't he way under-rated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Wasn't he a last minute take in recruiting / wasn't he way under-rated?
    Yes. Committed to Arkansas State or someone. Size probably hurt him at the time.

vCash
    Rufus ain't exactly a cheetah...but he makes up for it with good route running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    "It's practice. You guys are talking about practice," Allen Iverson. Saturday and games to come will separate the winners from the pretenders.
    consistency in practice is what Leach demands first. when you are only running 5-7 routes you had better catch the damn ball 80% of the time

vCash
    Austin returning punts again? He's solid as a pass receiver, but looks lost fielding punts. Hopefully ourlads is just reposting that from last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Austin returning punts again? He's solid as a pass receiver, but looks lost fielding punts. Hopefully ourlads is just reposting that from last year.
    Trust our coaches, but it's hard to believe that with all the RB, WR, and CB's we have on the roster that we have no one who can both catch the punt but is more elusive and faster than Williams on the return. Our Special Teams were not very special on punt returns last year. Tulu is electric on KO returns. Can he or others not cleanly field a punt and get some return yards?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Is Pegues out of eligibility?

What I wouldn't give for an explosive PR.

Is there any reason that Tulu can't return punts.