Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart Out

vCash

Depth Chart Out

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...pi-state/91211

Things that stood out to me:
    -Walley lost his starting spot (not a huge deal he'll get a ton of PT)
    -Cole Smith at G not C
    -Pickering should be solid, but isn't starting and never really lived up to the hype
    -Jalen Green starting at the other S spot. Big deal he was able to come in here and lock up that position, think he has a good year and plays himself into a day 3 pick

vCash
    If Jaden isn?t a starter it just speaks to how good our WR room is since we know he has SEC starter talent. And like you said he will get a ton of PT regardless

vCash
    These depth charts are darn near pointless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yep. Remember some people may be starting because the person ahead of them missed some classes or did something else in the offseason to either miss a start or a half, etc.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post

-Cole Smith at G not C
    -Pickering should be solid, but isn't starting and never really lived up to the hype
    -Jalen Green starting at the other S spot. Big deal he was able to come in here and lock up that position, think he has a good year and plays himself into a day 3 pick
    Sharp became starting center early last year and played very well. Was granted a 6th year of eligibility, a big plus for us. Smith played at guard most of last year and had off season surgery. Recovered and back.
    Crumedy is recovering from hand injury and should be ready for next game, we are told.
    I want to see Ducking live up to off season and fall practice hype.
    Dollar's move up to LT and success there is critical to our offense.

vCash
    Especially at reciever, this is just a platoon system. PT won’t matter too much if u r starting or second team IMO. Now what they do with their PT will determine who gets more reps as the season goes on. Should be interesting to watch how they do their first game...especially the o line.

Vegas seems to think we are going to lay the wood to Memphis, I agree.

vCash
    Who knows if accurate - but if it is, we have 9 seniors, 1 junior most likely leaving early and a junior on defense.

That tells me two things:

1) I don't see anyone running the ball on us this year.

2) We better win some damn games this year, because we will be losing a ton after this year.

I say 9 wins still.

vCash
    I don't think Walley's ever held a solo starting spot on a published depth chart more than sporadically. He's obviously going to play a lot and depth charts mean very little, but it still makes me wonder what he's still not doing in year 3 that keeps him from getting that recognition.

vCash
    The second WR group is pretty good.

Hargrove didn't make 3rd team? Whats up with that? I was excited to see some of him this year. This keeps up, he may transfer.

So Banks can't get a starting role at MSU either?

I know these things are fluid and don't mean a whole lot but then again it does say who coaches have confidence in to start the year. I expect some tweaks before LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Who knows if accurate - but if it is, we have 9 seniors, 1 junior most likely leaving early and a junior on defense.

2) We better win some damn games this year, because we will be losing a ton after this year.

I say 9 wins still.
    Several of our starters are listed as RS SR, so they have one more year eligibility after this season if they so desire, correct? I assume most are NFL bound with a good year.

vCash
    I want to see Rufus Harvey and Caleb Ducking. If these guys are really playing like people are reporting we could do special things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The second WR group is pretty good.

Hargrove didn't make 3rd team? Whats up with that? I was excited to see some of him this year. This keeps up, he may transfer.

So Banks can't get a starting role at MSU either?

I know these things are fluid and don't mean a whole lot but then again it does say who coaches have confidence in to start the year. I expect some tweaks before LSU.
    Yeah I was looking forward to seeing him too. He apparently had trouble catching the ball and fumbled some in fall camp. Price supposedly had a really good camp though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

I say 9 wins still.
    Some SR have a covid year next year. Baring something crazy we could return crumedy Pickering and young off DL. Kam and Dolla could get covid year as well on OL.

vCash
    Seems like Steve said this morning that Walley still has the one bugaboo that has affected him all 3 years. He is still dropping some catchable balls. With his quickness in small spaces, he needs to wear lots of stickem and make some plays. He is still probably the quickest receiver out there. Means nothing if the ball is laying on the ground.

vCash
    Are we sure Tulu shouldn't be at Z?

vCash
    Walley aint quicker than Rufus Harvey. Rufus is going to turn those stick routes into 15-20 yard gains if he has space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Some SR have a covid year next year. Baring something crazy we could return crumedy Pickering and young off DL. Kam and Dolla could get covid year as well on OL.
    alot of those guys are going to try to sign FA contracts and try to make a squad. Plus there are the other football leagues they will take a shot at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post

-Cole Smith at G not C
    Walley not listed as a starter is surprising to me considering how much potential he showed his freshman year. I agree he will get alot of playing time but it makes you wonder if there is something in practice he isn't doing well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree he will get alot of playing time but it makes you wonder if there is something in practice he isn't doing well.
    It's called not catching the ball consistently