Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Week - Finally

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Game Week - Finally

Well it has been a long wait. Seems like it was 600 days ago we laid a turd in back to back games against Ole Miss and TT, but here we are. The third year iteration of the Leach system. I am not exactly sure what we are going to get this season. As mentioned before, I believe our season hinges on OL play once again as it almost always does with every team. I for one is tired. Tired of us entering the season with national media just really not paying attention to us. From SEC Network all the way through all the pickers out there, no love whatsoever. Picked damn near the last in the SEC, with only Vandy and Auburn there to break our fall. Well, we can all say that is bullshit, and we almost always do better than picked, but the proof is in the on the field WINS. Win, and all things will come. Lose, well you just proved them all correct.

Here is how I see the year.

1. We beat all of our non-conference foes. WE are better than all of them. We have the better roster. WE have the better coach. We are stronger, faster, and deeper than all of them combined. Time to start acting like it. We beat Memphis by 24. We are going to be able to name our score against the other 3. No respect is given here. We are better, we will execute, we will win, handily.

2. SEC wins - Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Those are the games I am saying we win. Auburn is terrible and their coach will be fired before Halloween. Kentucky, well they lost their WR and their QB is not very good. We are better on both lines than their counterparts. We win this one by 10 at their place. Arkansas, surely in year 3 Leach can dial something up for 17s sake. LSU, we are better and they know it. We should have beat them last year but we will this year. First year head coach, coaching against Leach. We will score 2 tds just because they decided to run man to man against us, which I don't think anyone can successfully. At least not in the NCAA. Ole Miss, hopefully Leach can put it on them this year. This, of all the ones listed above, is probably our hardest game. No idea what they are going to be like. Maybe, they enter the game 5-6 on a 6 game losing streak, and we put the final dagger in them. Who knows?

3. GA and Bama - Both are tough. Mistake free football and we could get one of them. But they both excel at forcing mistakes.

4. Texas AM - We went into the Home of the 12th man and took their souls last year. We get them at home this year. Their QB does not scare me one bit. Kind of like Kellen Mond, just kind of a guy even Jimbo never trusted to win the game for them. I would like to think we handle business in this game, but it all depends on who comes out and takes charge. This game will be fun to see.

So 10-2 or 9-3. Time to stop being timid. Let's be ready to execute and attack. Hailstate.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Hear, hear. Im not going to make any predictions. Im just so pumped this morning. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to get there Saturday morning, get set up and see what we got Saturday night.

Hail State!
    Whoop them tricks.

vCash
    The Grind [ON] OFF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well it has been a long wait. Seems like it was 600 days ago we laid a turd in back to back games against Ole Miss and TT, but here we are. The third year iteration of the Leach system. I am not exactly sure what we are going to get this season. As mentioned before, I believe our season hinges on OL play once again as it almost always does with every team. I for one is tired. Tired of us entering the season with national media just really not paying attention to us. From SEC Network all the way through all the pickers out there, no love whatsoever. Picked damn near the last in the SEC, with only Vandy and Auburn there to break our fall. Well, we can all say that is bullshit, and we almost always do better than picked, but the proof is in the on the field WINS. Win, and all things will come. Lose, well you just proved them all correct.

Here is how I see the year.

1. We beat all of our non-conference foes. WE are better than all of them. We have the better roster. WE have the better coach. We are stronger, faster, and deeper than all of them combined. Time to start acting like it. We beat Memphis by 24. We are going to be able to name our score against the other 3. No respect is given here. We are better, we will execute, we will win, handily.

2. SEC wins - Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Those are the games I am saying we win. Auburn is terrible and their coach will be fired before Halloween. Kentucky, well they lost their WR and their QB is not very good. We are better on both lines than their counterparts. We win this one by 10 at their place. Arkansas, surely in year 3 Leach can dial something up for 17s sake. LSU, we are better and they know it. We should have beat them last year but we will this year. First year head coach, coaching against Leach. We will score 2 tds just because they decided to run man to man against us, which I don't think anyone can successfully. At least not in the NCAA. Ole Miss, hopefully Leach can put it on them this year. This, of all the ones listed above, is probably our hardest game. No idea what they are going to be like. Maybe, they enter the game 5-6 on a 6 game losing streak, and we put the final dagger in them. Who knows?

3. GA and Bama - Both are tough. Mistake free football and we could get one of them. But they both excel at forcing mistakes.

4. Texas AM - We went into the Home of the 12th man and took their souls last year. We get them at home this year. Their QB does not scare me one bit. Kind of like Kellen Mond, just kind of a guy even Jimbo never trusted to win the game for them. I would like to think we handle business in this game, but it all depends on who comes out and takes charge. This game will be fun to see.

So 10-2 or 9-3. Time to stop being timid. Let's be ready to execute and attack. Hailstate.
    So did I miss the news? Did Levis get a season ending injury and they are playing the backup QB? But I'm not scared of Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    So did I miss the news? Did Levis get a season ending injury and they are playing the backup QB? But I'm not scared of Kentucky.
    No, but he lost his number 1 receiver responsible for 47% of his passing yards.

vCash
    UH, UK has a solid QB.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Do they? I read he threw for 200 yards or more only one time vs sec opponents last year. And led the league in picks, despite being middle of the pack in attempts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Will Levis is the most ovverated Qb for no reason in college football.

vCash
    9-3 with losses to bama, Georgia, and Texas A$M with a outside shot a NY6 bowl selection in one of the at large bowls like the cotton bowl .

Hail State!!!!!!

vCash
    I will say this. Everyone is chalking Memphis and AZ up as easy wins. However they won't be push overs.

I believe Memphis lost a good number of players. However they have the QB back as well as a WR and RB. Their defense is supposed to be weak but they got a few transfers from other small schools. So who knows. But I will say if we beat them by 24, that will be impressive.

Going to UofAZ, I agree with Robbie Faulk on this one. Arizona won't be a pushover. We should win. But they received a few transfers in to upgrade their roster. It's a long trip. Possibly an element of climate conditions that we aren't accustomed. It is a winnable game but will require some work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I will say this. Everyone is chalking Memphis and AZ up as easy wins. However they won't be push overs.

I believe Memphis lost a good number of players. However they have the QB back as well as a WR and RB. Their defense is supposed to be weak but they got a few transfers from other small schools. So who knows. But I will say if we beat them by 24, that will be impressive.

Going to UofAZ, I agree with Robbie Faulk on this one. Arizona won't be a pushover. We should win. But they received a few transfers in to upgrade their roster. It's a long trip. Possibly an element of climate conditions that we aren't accustomed. It is a winnable game but will require some work.
    If we lose to a arizona that went 1-11 last season, you can go ahead and prepare to fire mike leach because he isnt making a bowl game if that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    No, but he lost his number 1 receiver responsible for 47% of his passing yards.
    And almost half of that 47%, over 600 yards, were after the catch. It's utterly mind-blowing what Robinson did for Levis last year, and despite him Levis' numbers were still mediocre.

Add in their #2 last year who's also gone, and that's nearly 70% of their passing yards they have to make up. I don't care who they brought in; unless it's another Robinson, it's going to be an uphill battle for Levis just to reach the same marks he did last year, let alone live up to the NFL hype.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    If we lose to a arizona that went 1-11 last season, you can go ahead and prepare to fire mike leach because he isnt making a bowl game if that happens.
    Oh I definitely think we start out 2-0. And we should. But.... winning big both games. I'm no so sure. If we do tilt the scoreboard in both games and the defense shows out. I like your 9-3 prediction.

vCash
    What's the weather looking like Saturday? I need to plan accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Shouldn't be a factor as long as the training staff is on their game, 100 degrees in 35% humidity is an improvement over 90 in 75%. I'd be more worried about acclimating to the time change.

vCash
    At least Mike Leach has experience himself preparing for Arizona, maybe he can use what he learned in his years with WSU to mitigate any climate or altitude differences

vCash
    I think we go into Baton Rouge 2-0. If we win these two relatively easy I think we're 3-0 after LSU. Bowling Green easy win. If we can take down T A&M we're going to have a great season.

Banned
    vCash
    PAC 12 After Dark is spooky. I just don't like that time slot ever.

But every game besides Bama is very winnable. I think Georgia has a championship slump year. If we execute right on offense and neither tackle is a complete turnstile then we've got a great chance at a magical season. Year 3 of Leach / Will here we go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I think we go into Baton Rouge 2-0. If we win these two relatively easy I think we're 3-0 after LSU. Bowling Green easy win. If we can take down T A&M we're going to have a great season.
    I totally agree. In some ways the season hinges on or trip to Death Valley. (I?m really glad the team is focused on 1-0 but as fans we can look ahead.)

Beat LSU and the attention of the nation is on us.

It?s all about execution. Catch passes. Make tackles.

We have the talent to compete with everyone but Alabama & Georgia and I?m not conceding Georgia because they have a lot of inexperience and are playing here.

9-3. Losses to Alabama, Georgia and another team.

vCash
    If Mike Leach loses to Arizona he needs to be fired. That's just unacceptable in year three w/ this much experience returning. With that said I think we show up with our B game and still win handily.

LSU is the key. We win that game and it's on. I think we do. In fact, I think we roll into Death Valley and make Kelly look bad for his first SEC game as LSU's head coach.

A&M is a different story. It's at our place but I'm thinking Jimbo circled this game on the calendar. He can't lose to Leach two in a row. But, I think he will.

If we wind up 5-0 we will be the darlings of college football 2022. All eyes will be on us.