Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croom & T-Buck ESPN Article

vCash

Croom & T-Buck ESPN Article

Please have a civil conversation. If you know you?re going to say something inflammatory please keep it to yourself. Mods, if this is too mature of a conversation for our maturity level I fully understand you taking it down.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ad-coaches-sec

I think something is wrong. I don?t know if race was an issue with AD Greene at Auburn but it?s discouraging that he was on the rise and finds himself out before Harsin.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Croom should have been fired after the 2008 Louisiana Tech game. Croom had a chance to do great things but was lazy, hard heading and unwilling to adapt on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Croom should have been fired after the 2008 Louisiana Tech game. Croom had a chance to do great things but was lazy, hard heading and unwilling to adapt on offense.
    I don’t know if he was lazy, but he was definitely the last two. I still hold that he helped set up Mullen (though only playing a very small part) for success.

vCash
    Instead of Crooms giving props and thanks to MSU for giving him a chance, he talks about bama. Ungrateful SOB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I don’t know if he was lazy, but he was definitely the last two. I still hold that he helped set up Mullen (though only playing a very small part) for success.
    Didn't he conduct practice from a golf cart? (Famous last words, "I didn't see that coming", after 48 -0 loss to Ole Miss.)

vCash
    The story I always heard about Croom is that Byrne actually decided to fire him a couple of weeks before the EB. Byrne was trying to get in touch with him one afternoon and could not find him. He finally discovered Croom in his office taking a nap...SEC head coaches can't be taking the time to take a nap, mid-afternoon, during the middle of the season

vCash
    I couldn't finish it... Croom is delusional if he thought his coaching style and play would have worked at Bama... Had the bear ya know... Given him the job.. Not earned it.

Screw that dude.

vCash
    Schools are going to hire whoever they feel is going to give them the best chance to win. Except for Larry Templeton.

vCash
    I found the resources comment funny given our current bowl streak. Which is longer than some of his "resource schools" that he is talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I couldn't finish it... Croom is delusional if he thought his coaching style and play would have worked at Bama... Had the bear ya know... Given him the job.. Not earned it.

Screw that dude.
    Agree

vCash
    Croom didn't want the job. His daughter talked him into it. He was drawing a big check to do absolutely shit. I would have taken Jimbo and probation with a schollie reduction instead. At least Jimbo would have had us competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Croom didn't want the job. His daughter talked him into it. He was drawing a big check to do absolutely shit. I would have taken Jimbo and probation with a schollie reduction instead. At least Jimbo would have had us competitive.
    I remember hearing that he had to be talked into the job, if you ever have to do that for a big promotion for the applicant you're hiring the wrong guy. I don't think that his heart was ever in the job and he was and is always bama first. He never wanted to fit into the school and was incredibly hard headed. loyal to an extreme fault

vCash
    I would like to hear ADs thoughts on this. I knew this player who was being recruited by MSU and a number of schools. They were up in Starkville where they met the position coach and the OC, Woody. Croom finally came down never paid him attention, dissed me us what the mother said, and left the room. He ended signing with Bama started for 2 years before getting hurt So fuc^ him.
    Last edited by parabrave; 08-28-2022 at 12:35 PM.

vCash

Screw that dude.
    Yep.

vCash

Screw that dude.
    Amen!

vCash
    Head coaches tend to hire people they trust and it?s just human nature for people to trust people that are most like themselves.

I don?t believe it?s purposeful discrimination but rather an element of human nature that society is still trying to sort out.

I?m honestly not sure what the answer is

vCash
    That bama wouldn't hire him and hired an inexperienced Mike Shula says it all. I was for him at the hire, but quickly saw he was in over his head. Most of his NFL career, he was a RB coach, before and after MSU failure. What does that say? He continues to blame MSU and others rather than looking in the mirror. (There is also a story that he fell asleep on the couch at a recruit's home on a recruiting visit). Heck, we should have fired him earlier over those bama clone Russell Athletic uniforms.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-28-2022 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    He's one that probably shouldn't be invited back on campus...probably won't bother him...screw him

vCash
    Croom has gotten less and less likable as the years have passed. I honestly think had he just thanked the university and the fanbase for supporting him and what was an awful product overall 4 out of 5 years and an awful offensive product all five years he would have been honored by now. Even Mullen is welcomed back into Starkville. I mean you look at Mullen, Joe, Jackie, Leach, etc. they got out into the community and made relationships with the people of Starkville. It never seemed like Croom even tried to do that. And it just seems like every chance he gets he takes a shot at us. Had we not had an otherworldly defense coupled with the SEC being down as a conference he would've been fired in 07.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    That bama wouldn't hire him and hired an inexperienced Mike Shula says it all. I was for him at the hire, but quickly saw he was in over his head. Most of his NFL career, he was a RB coach, before and after MSU failure. What does that say? He continues to blame MSU and others rather than looking in the mirror. (There is also a story that he fell asleep on the couch at a recruit's home on a recruiting visit). Heck, we should have fired him earlier over those bama clone Russell Athletic uniforms.
    Agree with you. The guy was a freaking NFL running backs coach. He had no business even being considered for our job, but got it anyways. And he infers in this article that he never got a second shot at head coach because of his skin color. Let me break it to you, Sly. You never got a second chance at being a head coach because you were flat out awful and State was either the worst or in the 3 worst power 5 teams in the country 2 out of your 5 years here (04' 06').

We lost to Maine. Maine
    We also got thumped at home by a Tulane team that barely had a campus post Katrina.

I've been done with him for a really long time, but this just solidifies my reasoning.