It's always amazing to see people mad about things like this.

We live in a society. We take care of each other. That's part of the social contract. We pay taxes to help form a more perfect union. Those taxes should go towards things that help people. This is set up to do just that. Especially those of us who don't have the money. It's a much better use of government spending than 2008 and bailing out banks. This money flows right back into the economy. Poor people spend. Rich people invest (hoard).

Sometimes I wonder if Mississippian are just CAVE dwellers. I think some would vote against helping pay for all school lunches for children because they are citizens against virtually everything. It's crazy.

As a reminder if your healthcare insurance is 10% of your monthly income and government raises your taxes 6% to give you free healthcare, you'd have more money in your pocket. "But what about private insurance? I shouldnt have to pay taxes on this if I don't use it." You again pay taxes for firemen, police officers, primary education, military, etc. Very few actually have their house caught on fire. If you can afford private insurance, then you can afford the small tax hit (numbers are made up estimates and likely you'll have more money in your pocket) to have a better society.