Thread: Brennan and nil

vCash

Brennan and nil

Brennan has an NIL valuation of $327,000, which ranks 112th among all college football players.

Gets to keep it.

Crazy that much doesn't break the top 100

https://www.on3.com/college/lsu-tige...ls-lsu-tigers/

vCash
    I'll never understand the love for him. Yes he was a Great HS player, same school as Dylan Farve, but heck no one wanted him. Remember he went up to OM and they said no. LSU signed him probably because of his last name and he sat on the bench or got hurt. Now the media a making it a big deal that he is "walking away" from football when he was going to be a 3rd stringer. Thank god for famous last names.

vCash
    That is just plain...........whatever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Brennan has an NIL valuation of $327,000, which ranks 112th among all college football players.

Gets to keep it.

$327k is not what he actually received. On3 estimates a players value using some kinda metrics, and they come up with a number. Who knows how much he actually received, but it wasn't $327k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post

Gets to keep it.

Um that depends on how the contract was worded. And this might be correct in his case. But it's not in all cases. If you leave you lose out on your money if done right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I'll never understand the love for him. Yes he was a Great HS player, same school as Dylan Farve, but heck no one wanted him. Remember he went up to OM and they said no. LSU signed him probably because of his last name and he sat on the bench or got hurt. Now the media a making it a big deal that he is "walking away" from football when he was going to be a 3rd stringer. Thank god for famous last names.
    I seem to remember him being committed to olemiss until lsu offered and then he jumped to them.

vCash
    I'm pretty confident in saying if they did that to an initiative, for example....... no dice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Um that depends on how the contract was worded. And this might be correct in his case. But it's not in all cases. If you leave you lose out on your money if done right.
    This is a bit of a unique situation for LSU because of his family. And because of that I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is keeping the money. They want to keep his family happy if at all possible.

vCash
    This is the point of the story...

“Myles Brennan signed NIL deals with Raising Canes, Smoothie King, GameCoin, Smalls Sliders and Hollingsford Richards Ford,” Rovell wrote. “He didn’t play a single game since signing, but because NIL deals can’t be based on performance, he keeps all the money.”

How many times does this happen before cigar boys get gun shy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    This is the point of the story...

?Myles Brennan signed NIL deals with Raising Canes, Smoothie King, GameCoin, Smalls Sliders and Hollingsford Richards Ford,? Rovell wrote. ?He didn?t play a single game since signing, but because NIL deals can?t be based on performance, he keeps all the money.?

How many times does this happen before cigar boys get gun shy?
    Once....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Now go work for your dad, kid.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hopefully they give tons of money to kids that never get a meaningful snap. Less money for possible contributors.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Will happen many times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Now go work for your dad, kid.
    Other family members/ I believe he lives in long Beach .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Other family members/ I believe he lives in long Beach .
    Oh ok, I thought his dad was the restaurant guru in Nola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Oh ok, I thought his dad was the restaurant guru in Nola
    Naw thats Dickie.