Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally, Some SEC Guys That Get It!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'm not sold on Jimbo being an elite coach. He sacrificed part of his season to beat Bama. That's just putting expensive makeup over the bruise. His best offense ever was captained by a crab leg stealing moron who happened to be a Heisman winning athletic freak.
    He's 34-14 at A&M and 21-12 in the SEC-which is 3rd best the last 4 years. 8-4 last year after losing your starting QB and beating Bama is not a bad season.

They are young but talented this year. 12 starters are Sophs or Freshmens. A veteran team like ours should be able to take advantage at home
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach is 8-3 vs A&M
    Ok 8-3, and in everyone of those games going by the rosters I guarantee Ags have had the talent advantage if you compare rosters. He has owned them pretty good, about like he did Oregon.

And this defense blows anything he had at Tech out of the water.....not the offense necessarily but this defense is the best he’s had.

Offense is actually the question mark this year, not the defense.

vCash
    He's 34-14 at A&M and 21-12 in the SEC-which is 3rd best the last 4 years. 8-4 last year after losing your starting QB and beating Bama is not a bad season.

They are young but talented this year. 12 starters are Sophs or Freshmens. A veteran team like ours should be able to take advantage at home
    Good points. We should be able to beat this A&M team at home.

It will be interesting to see if Jimbo can handle all that talent coming in.

vCash

But TAM isn't paying him that gob of money to sit home for the SEC Championship. They want 2 trophies, the SEC and the CFP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    But TAM isn't paying him that gob of money to sit home for the SEC Championship. They want 2 trophies, the SEC and the CFP.
    They gonna have to wait 1 more year for that shot. Their best talent is just too young imo.

They play Miami, Mississippi, Florida, and LSU at home plus UPig in Dallas. Road games at State and SC will test them bigly.
    Bama on the road is a loss. People talk about our October but look at their stretch- vs Miami, UPig, @State, and @Bammer. Then off for a week only to head to @SC the next week.

They could end up 10-2 or maybe 9-3 with a veteran team returning for 2023 that has a chance to do big things.
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-18-2022 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    Jimbo has had an average ranking of 8.5 over his six years in recruiting. Also, six years is plenty enough to not be fighting for an 8-9 win season with their recruiting and money. The conversation over there at this point should be ?reloading? but it?s not, it?s ?Jimbo is still building? I?d be pissed if I was an Aggie. It?s not like he stepped into the Cupboard being empty there was talent when he got there as well. I think he is an average coach that can recruit pretty well and at times put a nice game plan together I.E. bama last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Jimbo has had an average ranking of 8.5 over his six years in recruiting. Also, six years is plenty enough to not be fighting for an 8-9 win season with their recruiting and money. The conversation over there at this point should be ?reloading? but it?s not, it?s ?Jimbo is still building? I?d be pissed if I was an Aggie. It?s not like he stepped into the Cupboard being empty there was talent when he got there as well. I think he is an average coach that can recruit pretty well and at times put a nice game plan together I.E. bama last year.
    This is his 5th season with them coming up and they had some roster changeover upon his arrival. Are they very talented? Sure.

Year 3 he went 9-1
    Year 4 he lost his starting QB and went 8-4.
    Year 5? They are going to be pretty good.

I dont think anybody would trade Bama or Georgia's roster for theirs. So that makes them at best 3rd in the SEC- which is their likely finish. But hey- keep downing Jimbo. If we fail to beat them at home with a young team that just looks bad on us.

vCash
    You are right and I don?t disagree with you on if we lose. I also have some bias on this, I never really liked the guy.

But they are paying him like he is the second Nick Saban, the start of Saban?s 5th year was the year he won his second title with bama. I?m just saying I?d be pissed and he seems to be underperforming if I was an Aggie.