Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, Some SEC Guys That Get It!!

vCash

Finally, Some SEC Guys That Get It!!

Hot Fact: Mike Leach has had three 3rd year starting QBs. Those teams won at least 9 games. All three QBs threw for over 5,000 yards in those seasons.

I highly recommend you guys watch the entire video. It's good stuff.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 08-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

vCash
    But are they aware of the Indian burial ground under Scott Field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    But are they aware of the Indian burial ground under Scott Field?
    Or they play in the SEC west not the PAC 12 north.

vCash
    One thing to know about the pac 12, WSU was the smallest budget, poorest team in the conference with the worst recruiting radius and Paul Wulf had left that program at div two level. Leach built them into a strong program that regularly whipped Oregon/Nike and handled usc pretty well.

That same scenario was pretty much at Texas tech as well when it came to Oklahoma, Texas and tamu.

Leach if nothing else is a guy that builds up David programs to compete with Goliath.

vCash
    I think they are pretty accurate on our team and season. Of course they spin every team that way for clicks. The national polls and such just show how lazy most are not realizing what MSU is and has this year. The same was also going on in 14 preseason too. If we put a beat down on Memphis, I think that will give a few some insight into what everyone missed - kinda like beating USM 49-0 did in 14.

There is a real shot we are 7-0 going into Bama. That has happened what 3 times the past 13 years - 99, 12, 14.

Bulldog nation, it is put up or shut time in Starkvegas.

vCash
    WE BELIEVE!!!

vCash
    WE BELIEVE!!!
    Well Its next year and "Lets win Something Today'

vCash
    How'd he do with Washington?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    1) Bama 3) Georgia 5) A & M as per lindys ranking

There’s 3 losses. If you drop one to LSU, Arkansas or UK you are at four losses.

Could be a very good team and drop four even five. It also depends objectively IMO how they play these teams. Play them close, play them tough and you could have a team that goes 8-4 and be a top ten team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    How'd he do with Washington?
    UW was coached by Chris Petersen a solid coach who had UW playing at a high level with a lot of nfl players especially on the d line. Leach took over Wulfs mess of a program that could not beat big sky teams. Leach had one team in his tenure that could match up with and beat UW, that was Minshews year. Blizzard hit before kick off, and that was that. No passes could be thrown, zero visibility and howling winds. UW was a power run team.

So no WSU was not able to beat UW but they were hardly on even terms......it’s about like taking over Miss State and expecting Leach to dominate Alabama.....it will take a while and to be honest WSU does not have the resources to compete with UW especially when Oregon, USC and UW collaborate to hire away your o line coach, top recruiter, d line coach and d coordinator. It’s the haves or have nots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

There’s 3 losses. If you drop one to LSU, Arkansas or UK you are at four losses.

Could be a very good team and drop four even five. It also depends objectively IMO how they play these teams. Play them close, play them tough and you could have a team that goes 8-4 and be a top ten team.
    I'm not willing to concede A&M at home just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm not willing to concede A&M at home just yet.
    I’m not either, we beat them on the road and Leach has a and m’s number. The question is are they really a top five team and capable of winning the sec....which is what this guy was predicting.....or are they typical tamu.

vCash
    WE BELIEVE!!!
    Omg no

vCash
    WE BELIEVE!!!
    We got way more talent than that team. Bad take my friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

^^^^^this guy gets it.

8-4 will be a whale of a season considering we have to play UGA. Ark, UK, the Barn, LSU and UM all have equivalent talent to us or better. My pick is 7-5 and that will be a good year considering our schedule.

vCash
    7-5 will be very underwhelming
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    7-5 will be very underwhelming
    Especially if one of the losses is to a rebuilding OM team for the 3rd year in a row. Also those calling for a 6-6 floor should realize in today's scheduling that probably means 4-0 OOC and a bottom feeder 2-6 in the SEC! To me, this a terrible season any year/any coach. However with 6-6, we keep our bowl streak alive by playing in one of the "105" bowls available today. Anything less than 8-4 including a win over OM with what we have returning is a total failure in Year 3 under Leach. BTW, everyone has a tough schedule in the SEC West, Hail State!

vCash
    TAMU will do what they always do. 8-4.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    You go to any SEC team sites (except Vandy maybe) and you will get the same type reports of how O, D,ST, certain players have improved, stepped up, etc. Heck, I used to go Spring games and get exited. Haven't been to one in many years. No one will really know a lot about their 22 teams until they play someone else. I played at small NE MS school, TE, SE, & DE at 140 lb my SR year. We looked great in practice against the 2nd team, but only had about 23 players, grades 9-12. We went 1-9, but saw more pretty girls in corvettes at various HC games than probably anyone!**** I do think we have a good year in Leach 3. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Especially if one of the losses is to a rebuilding OM team for the 3rd year in a row. Also those calling for a 6-6 floor should realize in today's scheduling that probably means 4-0 OOC and a bottom feeder 2-6 in the SEC! To me, this a terrible season any year/any coach. However with 6-6, we keep our bowl streak alive by playing in one of the "105" bowls available today. Anything less than 8-4 including a win over OM with what we have returning is a total failure in Year 3 under Leach. BTW, everyone has a tough schedule in the SEC West, Hail State!
    Let’s say LSU is pretty good this year under BK and we lose by 3 on the road, close game. Now we play Arkansas who is also pretty good ranked top 20 most of the year...and we lose in overtime.

That is 7-5 and that is assuming losses to Bama, Georgia and Tamu....ranked 1, 3 and 4.

I disagree that is a “total failure”. Maybe not great but it’s certainly not a horrible season.