Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    11 TFL's
    8 sacks
    5 Picks
    2 fumble scoops

Our defense is fire!!
    Thanks for the update - as it should be - any word on Jordan Davis and how he looked

vCash
    Hope that is due to good defense and not a bad oofnsive line allowing TFLs and Sacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    11 TFL's
    8 sacks
    5 Picks
    2 fumble scoops

Our defense is fire!!
    Or our O sucks.

I think our D will be top 3-4 in SEC and top 10 in nation potetially.

Those numbers do concern me about the O.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Not going to be too concerned about stats predominantly thrown up by backup quarterbacks. The D won the day for sure and is going to be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Or our O sucks.

I think our D will be top 3-4 in SEC and top 10 in nation potetially.

Those numbers do concern me about the O.
    Our offensive line does not suck..........stop it! We may have a top 10 defense get used to it.

vCash
    Leach said in the post interview they were mixing 2s and 3s on all the series after the first. Sawyer played an entire series and looked pretty good. Leach really likes this defense. You could tell.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Will Rogers had 3 series. 2 touchdowns and 1 int on those drives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Will Rogers had 3 series. 2 touchdowns and 1 int on those drives.
    If he makes the most of leach offense and our line is formidable, we're going to have a really good season

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    If he makes the most of leach offense and our line is formidable, we're going to have a really good season
    To be clear, these aren’t normal drives. They started at midfield and if the offense stalled they got extra downs. Some of those drives would have ended in a real game. The pressure wasn’t really coming from the tackle spots either, which is a good sign. Blitzes got home a lot right up the gut.

vCash
    Our defense should be Top 15 in advanced stats. I can't remember a MSU defense that has this many guys with this much experience in their last year at MSU. Sure 2018 had more top end talent, but the overall depth and experience of this year's defense is a once in a decade type thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Our offensive line does not suck..........stop it! We may have a top 10 defense get used to it.
    Dude chill out. I said our D was top 10 good but those stats are better than the #1 D in nation.

You can't read too much into practice but those O numbers are really bad.

Lighten up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Dude chill out. I said our D was top 10 good but those stats are better than the #1 D in nation.

You can't read too much into practice but those O numbers are really bad.

Lighten up.
    The O numbers are deceiving. The coaches were mixing it up a lot out there. It's just a scrimmage. Another practice report said the refs were letting the DBs get away with a lot holding and PIs. I wouldn't be surprised if Leach asked for that. The receivers have to nut up and fight through that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Our defense should be Top 15 in advanced stats. I can't remember a MSU defense that has this many guys with this much experience in their last year at MSU. Sure 2018 had more top end talent, but the overall depth and experience of this year's defense is a once in a decade type thing.
    Agree. This D doesnt have a 1st rounder but it does have alot of very good players on it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I don't expect to have a 2018 or 1999 type D but I'll be more than happy with a 2017 or 1998 type D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't expect to have a 2018 or 1999 type D but I'll be more than happy with a 2017 or 1998 type D.
    If our D is 17 or 98 or 97 good I'll be estatic. Those were all real good Ds that had the same studs that made 99 and 18 special.

vCash
    Biscardi went 2 of 5 from FGs.

That ain't gonna cut it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Biscardi went 2 of 5 from FGs.

That ain't gonna cut it.
    Wow, I was hoping to not have to draw up in a knot, drop my head, and stare at my shoes every time our kicker trots out on the field again this year.

vCash
    I have read all the scrimmage stats and saw no catches for Ducking. Did he participate?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I have read all the scrimmage stats and saw no catches for Ducking. Did he participate?
    He did not.