Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ?NFL scouts told me this is the sneakiest, most loaded roster in America? - Josh Pate

vCash
    We are going to be the wrecking ball of hopes and dreams for several teams in the SEC this year. No one is giving us a shot which is a position we're used to. Last year we were supposed to be a 6-6 team, and were a few field goals and bonehead plays away from 9 wins.

We have legit dual purpose RBs X3. We have an improved defense this year and got the players from the portal we needed. Year 3 with our offense and Will will be better. Only concern is the OL and if Dollar Bill did indeed get one on one coaching in the offseason then he should be much improved. We don't need to replace Cross, we just need to have good OL play overall. I don't expect we have the same issues with special teams this year either.

LSU will still be figuring things out.
    Kentucky is overrated and our defense is built to stop the run.
    GA loses tons of players to the draft, but we get them late in the year.
    ARK we nearly beat last year and it's a home game.
    TAMU is a home game and we'll see what they bring.

Bottom line is we're going to be better than advertised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I like your points ... in 2014 when we were #1 playing at their house it took a shoe string touch down saving tackle by Kenrick Market very late in the game to hang on for a win ... and lately the home team seems to win... I'm kinda like you in thinking we still take them this year even at their house but I wouldn't chalk it up as a guarantee by any means
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Bowling Green in 2013? I remember Market making a game saving shoestring tackle to save the game then. Against UK, I remember our D playing shitty (maybe b/c of the 1a team/2a approach?) and us returning an onside kick to put the game away. Did Market make a tackle to stop them from tying it up after that?

ETA: I think that was also the beginning of the end for Josh Robinson being effective, both because he started dancing more, which killed us against Bama and Ole Miss, and also because he was pissy about not getting the chance to get from 198 to 200 yds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    We are going to be the wrecking ball of hopes and dreams for several teams in the SEC this year. No one is giving us a shot which is a position we're used to. Last year we were supposed to be a 6-6 team, and were a few field goals and bonehead plays away from 9 wins.

We have legit dual purpose RBs X3. We have an improved defense this year and got the players from the portal we needed. Year 3 with our offense and Will will be better. Only concern is the OL and if Dollar Bill did indeed get one on one coaching in the offseason then he should be much improved. We don't need to replace Cross, we just need to have good OL play overall. I don't expect we have the same issues with special teams this year either.

LSU will still be figuring things out.
    Kentucky is overrated and our defense is built to stop the run.
    GA loses tons of players to the draft, but we get them late in the year.
    ARK we nearly beat last year and it's a home game.
    TAMU is a home game and we'll see what they bring.

Bottom line is we're going to be better than advertised.
    Completely agree. Assuming the offense just makes one step forward, we will be extremely good. The defense will be there every week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Completely agree. Assuming the offense just makes one step forward, we will be extremely good. The defense will be there every week.
    Listened to the latest Bone Yard and Steve said the offense probably had their best practice so far yesterday. They looked very good. He also said the defense has been putting pressure on both tackles. They have responded very well. The offensive coaches were really pleased.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Listened to the latest Bone Yard and Steve said the offense probably had their best practice so far yesterday. They looked very good. He also said the defense has been putting pressure on both tackles. They have responded very well. The offensive coaches were really pleased.
    O line is going to think most D lines are a breather compared to what they are seeing in practice every day. I’d take our d line over most in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    O line is going to think most D lines are a breather compared to what they are seeing in practice every day. I’d take our d line over most in the country.
    I think you are underestimating the rest of the league. A breather?? Our pass rush last year was terrible. And yes, I agree it should be better this year, but Jordan Davis isn't M Sweat. And Jeffery Simmons isn't in the middle. Top half of the league defense. That's about all I hope.

vCash
    8-4 would be a great year with this schedule. WIth a win in the bowl we get 9-4. I'm expecting nothing more and wouldn't be suprised at 7-5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    8-4 would be a great year with this schedule. WIth a win in the bowl we get 9-4. I'm expecting nothing more and wouldn't be suprised at 7-5.
    8-4 w/ a for real shot at 9-3. 7-5 will be underwhelming with this team.

vCash
    Gotta love that Bulldog enthusiasm! Death, taxes and August MSU football hope!! Hope y'all are right!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think you are underestimating the rest of the league. A breather?? Our pass rush last year was terrible. And yes, I agree it should be better this year, but Jordan Davis isn't M Sweat. And Jeffery Simmons isn't in the middle. Top half of the league defense. That's about all I hope.
    Outside Bama, Ga and Tamu I’ll take our d line talent and depth over anyone, notice I said “most”. Our defense as a whole is going to be very good and I’m sure the offense experiences that every practice.

I’ll go with the nfl scout who says we are loaded, I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    ETA: I think that was also the beginning of the end for Josh Robinson being effective, both because he started dancing more, which killed us against Bama and Ole Miss, and also because he was pissy about not getting the chance to get from 198 to 200 yds.
    Haven't heard that one, but it would be classic MSU to have a legitimate shot at a national title in football, but have it slip away over something like that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Bowling Green in 2013? I remember Market making a game saving shoestring tackle to save the game then. Against UK, I remember our D playing shitty (maybe b/c of the 1a team/2a approach?) and us returning an onside kick to put the game away. Did Market make a tackle to stop them from tying it up after that?.
    I was almost positive it was Kentucky ... now you've made me curious and I'll go back and re-watch the end of the game. I'm certain it was SOMEWHERE in Kentucky anyway so Bowling Green might be right
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Can we play clean?

No fumbled handoff scoop and scores please. No missed 37 yd field goals in the 2nd quarter. No millisecond downing of punts to allow the ref to screw it up. No lazy fumbles deep in their territory on the first drive to suck the air out of the stadium like Malik Heath did last year. Just dont do stupid crap and we win a few more games.