Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ?NFL scouts told me this is the sneakiest, most loaded roster in America? - Josh Pate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    We will have three OL in Dolla Bill, Kam Jones, and Cole Smith that could come back for a sixth year in 2023. It'd probably be counterproductive to have all three come back because that would probably just ensure younger guys transfer out, but if we don't have more than one underclassman that looks ready for OT, then that might be a good place to spend NIL money.

Also, it's amazing to me how uninformative our roster is on hailstate now with respect to eligibility. I think it was better before? Now you have no way of telling what eligibility someone is without clicking through to their bio. Then even if you do click through to the bio, there are things like claiming Caleb Ducking redshirted with us in 2020. That's probably irrelevant unless Ducking gets hurt and wants to Redshirt and comeback for a 6th year, but surely we didn't redshirt him in a year that eligibility didn't count.
    Yes! That needs to be fixed. How hard is it to have Sr/Covid jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Framing 8 as the floor is not realistic. There is a reason Vegas says we are a 6.5 win team.

Aggie is one of the five most talented teams in America if you believe in recruiting rankings. More talented than last year and have their qb this year.

UGA had a losing record in 2010. This ain't the same UGA.

KY has become a hard place to play.

4 is the floor. 11 is the ceiling. I say 7-5/8-4.

4 non con. Sizable Favorite.
    Uga and Bama. Sizable underdog.
    6 toss ups (Aub, KY, LSU, Aggie, Ark, UM).
    Great input here.

My prediction has always been 7-5. 8-4 with this schedule will be a great job by the Pirate.

Will will set records, but he has to improve on his "big play" ability (to include not giving up sacks in crucial situations), if he does improve in that area, then we will be able to get 8 and possibly 9 wins.

vCash
    I agree we will take a step back next year: too young in too many places. My over/under it 9. I will be disappointed with 7 wins and very, very happy with 11 (regular season). Coach is right about that much.

I believe our recruiting is going well enough EXCEPT for DL. If Pick goes pro we are going to have problems next year with depth. We recruited well enough last year ot be competitive, but need to do much better than this year appears to be going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Lose to Arizona?

We will be 17 point favorites and will cover easily.

I still can't get past the fact that in some mythical vegas book, we opened as a -8 favorite against Memphis. That is nuts. Of course it is up to -16 today, which still seems very low.

We are going to have to get comfortable with the idea that we have a good team, with a few holes. Good teams with just a few holes, usually win 8+ games. I expect us to as well.
    I was replying to a different comment

vCash
    The DL recruiting for 2022 with Williams, Clayton, Dinkins and Russell looks really good. Yea they need time to develop but that’s a very good class. There’s always the portal to help fill in gaps like Charlton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I agree with alot of that.
    But 3 of the 6 toss ups are away.

Drawing uga sucks. Any other East team at home and we win.

Only 1 team in America plays 6 of the top 21 teams in America. We are the 1 (Aggie, ark, Bama, uga, ky, UM).
    Agree completely. My preseason mag I?m looking at right now has Bama 1, Ga 3, tamu 4, Arkansas 16, Tennessee 23, Kentucky 24 , ole miss 26, Florida 34, Texas 38

......and Miss State coming in at #42

Yet we have calls on here to win 11 and anything less than 8-4 is a total failure.

I am as optimistic and fired up as anyone but something is not adding up here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Agree completely. My preseason mag I?m looking at right now has Bama 1, Ga 3, tamu 4, Arkansas 16, Tennessee 23, Kentucky 24 , ole miss 26, Florida 34, Texas 38

Yet we have calls on here to win 11 and anything less than 8-4 is a total failure.

go back to math class!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    go back to math class!
    Is me going to math class going to make us ranked higher than Bama, Ga, tamu, UK, LSU , Ark, Ole Miss ?

Banned
    vCash
    Games that Leach by some mythical power that be, got a loss awarded against a terrible team.

2021 - Memphis
    2020 - 3-7 Arkansas
    2019 - The UCLA game I mentioned prior
    2018 - 5-7 USC when Wazzu went 11-2
    2017 - 37-3 loss to Cal who went 2-7 in conference
    2016 - Eastern Washington
    2015 - Portland State
    2014 - Nevada
    2013 - The last year I would say that he didn't have a "WTF?" Loss
    2012 - Loss to 1-11 Colorado
    2009 - Worst loss is 6-7 A&M or 10-4 Houston. That team shouldn't have dropped either of those games but I'll give you its a stretch to call it "WTF?"
    2008 - His best overall year. Bowl loss to Ole Miss was shameful.
    2007 - Loss to 6-7 Colorado as a 9-4 team. More shameful given the prior year they lost to 2-10 Colorado 30-6.
    2006 - Blowout Loss to 2-10 Colorado
    2005 - Loss late to 4-7 Oklahoma State
    2004 - Loss to New Mexico

I think this should make my point. 2008 and 2013 are the only two in that bunch that Leach didn't drop a game to either a G5/FCS or a team with a losing record.

It's just a rule of thumb and it does have merit whether we want it to or not.

Banned
    vCash
    The flip side of this is his wins / close loss against long odds

2021 - Kentucky, NC State, A&M take your pick
    2020 - LSU, Georgia
    2019 - 6-7 Wazzu lost by 2 @ #2 at time Oregon who went 11-2
    2018 - 11-2 year so hard to say he won a game he shouldn't. So take your pick from ranked wins.
    2017 - 11-3 #5 at time USC
    2016 - 10-3 #15 at time Stanford (after dropping a freaking FCS game)
    2015 - #18 at time UCLA or Oregon who ended up ranked at end of year (again after dropping an FCS game)
    2014 - Wazzu went 3-9 with a win over 9-4 Utah
    2013 - 6-7 with a win over ranked USC
    2012 - 3-9 with win over 7-6 Washington
    2009 - Blowout win over #15 10-4 Nebraska
    2008 - Best year. Win over #1 Texsa was huge.
    2007 - Win over #3 Oklahoma
    2006 - Not much of a signature win but did play #5 Texsa close and lost by 4
    2005 - They were just second best team in B12. If they don't lose the Okie Lite game, then they are looking at 10-1 and a BCS Bowl.
    2004 - Win over #4 California

vCash

Preseason mags are wrong all the time. Look back to last year and see if they had Florida being as bad as they were and Orgeron getting fired. Where did they rank Auburn coming into the season last year?

https://sullyscollegefootballpage.co...%20items...%20

Lindy's had:

Fla #12 in preseason
    A&M #6
    LSU #16
    Auburn #25
    North Carolina at #9

How did those turn out last year?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    11 wins is the ceiling because everyone besides bama is beatable on our schedule. (It will take multiple key injuries for bama to lose this year imo). Georgia lost a lot, will lose a couple early and not care by the time we play them.

I think we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and Arizona personally. (Arizona is nothing more than a Leach hunch. Man drops a game he shouldn't almost every year. PAC 12 After Dark gets screwy. It's a bad recipe. But the flip side of that is he steals one he shouldn't every year too.)
    I just think Arizona is too bad of a team.... knocks on wood*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach wont have a better team than this one for awhile. 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC would be ridiculously bad. Good teams are supposed to win at home. Auburn, UPig, A&M should be games we win. Georgia at home means we should be ready to pull an upset like we did in 2010. LSU has some talent but they arent loaded by any means. We may be more talented than them overall. Everybody tells me we should be Kentucky. Mississippi is rebuilding for the 2nd year in a row with a new QB.

8 should be floor. 11 the ceiling
    the most confident I am about a SEC road game this year is LSU.

People call me crazy but I just think we will be better than them in week 3 , I do wish it was an 11am kick or 2:30pm kick

@Kentucky terrifies me

vCash

It's called Maroon glasses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Preseason mags are wrong all the time. Look back to last year and see if they had Florida being as bad as they were and Orgeron getting fired. Where did they rank Auburn coming into the season last year?

https://sullyscollegefootballpage.co...%20items...%20

Lindy's had:

Fla #12 in preseason
    A&M #6
    LSU #16
    Auburn #25
    North Carolina at #9

How did those turn out last year?
    Agree, and we should be ranked much higher. The reality is Arkansas, UK especially but also LSU and Ole Miss are pretty even with us and ranked by the whole country ahead of us. Can we beat all of them ? Definitely but going 3-1 against those four , winning the OOC games and getting beat by Alabama, Georgia and tamu... all top five teams.....should put us in the top 15 in the country. 8-4 would be a hell of a good year assuming a bowl win.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 08-15-2022 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    the most confident I am about a SEC road game this year is LSU.

People call me crazy but I just think we will be better than them in week 3 , I do wish it was an 11am kick or 2:30pm kick

@Kentucky terrifies me
    Last season Tennessee walked onto Kroger Field with a good offense and bad defense and beat them. Stoops will still run the ball first. His new OC is a mediocre replacement to Coen. I'm not scared of Kentucky. It will be a good game.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We are going to beat the dog shit out of Kentucky just like we did last year. they are the most overrated team in America and their place is not hard to win at. We just happened to show up in 20 with a brand new coach trying to install an air raid with no offseason, showed up in 18 with Joe 17'ing Moorhead, and in 16 with Peter Sirmon. When we don't suck we beat them to death on a yearly basis. they have beaten 1 MSU team that finished with a winning record THIS CENTURY. They aren't beating us this year.

vCash
    y'all got me feeling wooly

vCash
    The DL recruiting for 2022 with Williams, Clayton, Dinkins and Russell looks really good. Yea they need time to develop but that’s a very good class. There’s always the portal to help fill in gaps like Charlton.
    I agree that last year was a really good class. However, the year before was a whiff. Next year's DL could be really thin and young as a result. We really need a solid HS class AND a couple of top-notch JUCO/Portal guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We are going to beat the dog shit out of Kentucky just like we did last year. they are the most overrated team in America and their place is not hard to win at. We just happened to show up in 20 with a brand new coach trying to install an air raid with no offseason, showed up in 18 with Joe 17'ing Moorhead, and in 16 with Peter Sirmon. When we don't suck we beat them to death on a yearly basis. they have beaten 1 MSU team that finished with a winning record THIS CENTURY. They aren't beating us this year.
    I like your points ... in 2014 when we were #1 playing at their house it took a shoe string touch down saving tackle by Kenrick Market very late in the game to hang on for a win ... and lately the home team seems to win... I'm kinda like you in thinking we still take them this year even at their house but I wouldn't chalk it up as a guarantee by any means
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.