Thread: 2022 Season coming up soon

vCash

2022 Season coming up soon

Am I the only one who cannot wait until September 3rd??

The end of college baseball until college football is so frustrating because I dont get into the MLB until late August.

I really am expecting good things from the football team this upcoming football season.

vCash
    I'm expecting good things too. Can hardly wait for September 3. Just got a good feeling about this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm expecting good things too. Can hardly wait for September 3. Just got a good feeling about this year.
    It just sucks how this year we have Georgia as our alternate East opponent.

If we would have Missouri or Vanderbilt ... man oh man

But I think its bullshit that OM gets vanderbilt every single year and we have to deal with a kentucky team that has now actually started to care about football and have become a top 3 team in the east the past few years

I think the SEC East is about to finally be good, not better than the west but I think Tennessee will be back and Florida will eventually get back also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It just sucks how this year we have Georgia as our alternate East opponent.If we would have Missouri or Vanderbilt ... man oh man
    I'm about excited about college football as I am about finding a good basket of tomatoes at the Farmers Market. NIL has really started to kill it for me. And I have loved college football since the age of 4. I never had dreams of playing MLB- I wanted to wear the maroon and white more than anything (**** you Polk). But so what about Georgia being on our schedule? We are a veteran team and should be clicking on all cylanders against a team young on D. Why cant we expect to upset them? If we have no hope- then why follow college football?

I am hanging in because its 2022 and its a banner year for us as a developmental program. So even with the NIL cancer creeping in- this year should be a good year for us because of what we have worked to build for years. After this year- my give a **** will continue to drop
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-12-2022 at 09:38 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm about excited about college football as I am about finding a good basket of tomatoes at the Farmers Market. NIL has really started to kill it for me. And I have loved college football since the age of 4. I never had dreams of playing MLB- I wanted to wear the maroon and white more than anything (**** you Polk). But so what about Georgia being on our schedule? We are a veteran team and should be clicking on all cylanders against a team young on D. Why cant we expect to upset them? If we have no hope- then why follow college football?

I am hanging in because its 2022 and its a banner year for us as a developmental program. So even with the NIL cancer creeping in- this year should be a good year for us because of what we have worked to build for years. After this year- my give a **** will continue to drop
    I agree with this entire post.

vCash

I agree with you on all points - especially Georgia (they do not scare me). But why is Leach hauling in maybe his best class at this point of the season despite NIL - I honestly think NIL could play to our favor if we get the right dudes. It's going to be interesting watching teams full of egos melt away as the season goes along. You know as well as I do that the chemistry portion of teams is about to become a big deal. But maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I agree with you on all points - especially Georgia (they do not scare me). But why is Leach hauling in maybe his best class at this point of the season despite NIL - I honestly think NIL could play to our favor if we get the right dudes. It's going to be interesting watching teams full of egos melt away as the season goes along. You know as well as I do that the chemistry portion of teams is about to become a big deal. But maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.
    I'm surprised at the recruiting right now. I hope it hangs on until signing day and we lock it in. Until then? I'm skeptical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't know. I'm guessing we have some stability right now for one thing. I think we run scheme that is attractive to QB's and WR's for sure. Hard to be worse than Hevesy when it comes to recruiting OL. And at the same time I think we have retained our identity on defense that is an attractive and aggressive scheme on that side of the ball.

Leach also has some connections to Texas that neither Dan nor Moorhead had. Thus he is able to make up gaps because of that.

vCash
    I am excited about 2022. Beyond that I am scared because this year we have soooo many seniors starting and redshirts or freshmen backing them up. I look at this season the same way we looked at 2018. This is the year for State to make some hay, and at least put some of it in the barn!

vCash
    I'm surprised at the recruiting right now. I hope it hangs on until signing day and we lock it in. Until then? I'm skeptical
    I have the same sentiment of all your posts tonight as well. Except for the **** you Polk since he gave us something to hang our hat on when we had nothing else, but I get it he cut me too although I made three of them even though I just wasn’t a good enough hitter at that level.

Concerning NIL, I was thinking there is still the same inventory of players out there looking for a program where they can go and have a career on the field so I’ll hang my hat on that until I see it’s just impossible to compete but I’m not there yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I have the same sentiment of all your posts tonight as well. Except for the **** you Polk since he gave us something to hang our hat on when we had nothing else, but I get it he cut me too although I made three of them even though I just wasn’t a good enough hitter at that level.

Concerning NIL, I was thinking there is still the same inventory of players out there looking for a program where they can go and have a career on the field so I’ll hang my hat on that until I see it’s just impossible to compete but I’m not there yet.
    We just have to have the right coach and hope those guys at tamu and others that are getting paid big money don't mesh and have a lot of internal conflict about money, etc.

vCash
    And all these schools have been paying all along, we've been scared to do so, at least on a larger scale. Maybe now we won't miss on these big legacy guys. Parson was a big step in that direction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    And all these schools have been paying all along, we've been scared to do so, at least on a larger scale. Maybe now we won't miss on these big legacy guys. Parson was a big step in that direction
    I agree. I think that's our biggest disadvantage with NIL. We simply weren't as organized as some of the other schools in the SEC. Setting up a NIL had to be a lot easier somewhere like Ole Miss where paying players is encouraged and glorified openly and has been for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    The concern with NIL is that we will no longer get the Simmons, Jones, Cross, and others that Mississippi produces. It's one thing to offer Simmons family 200K under the table, it's another for A&M to set up an NIL for him for about 1.2MM

vCash
    The concern with NIL is that we will no longer get the Simmons, Jones, Cross, and others that Mississippi produces. It's one thing to offer Simmons family 200K under the table, it's another for A&M to set up an NIL for him for about 1.2MM
    If this is the way of college athletics then you're right the whole thing is over and we’ll need to realign based on salary cap.

But I think NIL/Portal will look a lot different soon, bc if not college athletics will no longer be attractive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    If this is the way of college athletics then you're right the whole thing is over and we’ll need to realign based on salary cap.

But I think NIL/Portal will look a lot different soon, bc if not college athletics will no longer be attractive.
    At this point we should just use the TV money and start a draft

vCash
    I'm about excited about college football as I am about finding a good basket of tomatoes at the Farmers Market. NIL has really started to kill it for me.
    +1. Transfers not having to sit for a year sucks too imo.