Thread: Just a Random Question

vCash

Just a Random Question

How many people on here attended both MSU and Ole Miss?

I'm asking because I noticed on Facebook that one of my friends had a kid who went to Ole Miss for about a year and now he is at MSU. And they were all in on the Grove, Hotty Toddy, etc.

I know a couple of people I grew up with that attended Ole Miss first and then left for MSU too.

If anyone on here did attend both why did you leave?

vCash
    I know a few went from state to OM but it was only for law school and they are die hard dawgs and all ole miss was was a degree

vCash
    My wife went to Ole Miss for a semester, she was never comfortable there, so she changed to State for her bachelors and masters degrees.

vCash
    I know quite a few that came south once they realized they didn't fit in up there as much as they thought they would. Ended up enjoying our laid back style much more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I'm asking because I noticed on Facebook that one of my friends had a kid who went to Ole Miss for about a year and now he is at MSU. And they were all in on the Grove, Hotty Toddy, etc.

I know a couple of people I grew up with that attended Ole Miss first and then left for MSU too.

I know several who attended both. One of my employees has a degree from both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I went there one year and was miserable. Played freshman baseball with D kessinger and lived in baseball dorm. Was miserable the whole year. Went back in fall, stayed two weeks and left. Stayed out a semester and came to State. Felt like I was home. So odd, 3 of my grands grew up all Ole Miss due to their dad. They visited during rush and came by my house with tears saying they didn?t want to hurt his feelings but OM just wasn?t for them. Two graduated State and 3rd is junior. They said State was home the minute they hit the campus! Same feelings as mine!

vCash
    MSU '77 Social Studies out of love!
    OM Elementary Ed out of necessity! 12 years ago.
    3 different career fields but didn't teach until the last 11 years in Middle School in US History, MS Studies, & Intro to World History, retired past May. MSU degree got me to the finish line! Hail State!

Only did one summer on Oxford campus commuting, but survived to finish at Tupelo Branch. Got some help from a lot of normal aged students in Oxford. Tupelo classes mostly older people who had gone back to school and were all in the same boat to improve and get back in workforce.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-13-2022 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the responses!

It seems like this happens a lot for two rival schools. Maybe it's like that in Alabama with Bama and Auburn?

vCash
    Both my daughters got their masters from Ole Miss. One attended Delta State and the other Mississippi State for their undergrad degrees. OM was their best option for grad school, one is a speech pathologist and the other was a counselor. Yes, past tense. Cancer is a bitch!

They said that they finally understood why they didn't like Ole Miss after attending the place.