Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any info from practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Bottom line, it's a dink and dunk offense, it always has been and always will be. That isn't a bad thing if it can finish in the red zone and win games. The jury is still VERY much out here on that. It's an EXTREMELY boring offense to watch, to me anyway. It's like paint drying, except worse.

More bottom line, he almost HAS to beat Ole Miss this year, and his track record with rivals is just terrible. Losing three straight times to them to open your account at MSU is not really survivable. He might hang on another year or so after it, but it will look and feel like the end of the Sherrill era or the JOMO era.
    Do you want 3 yards and a cloud of dust or Holloway's buck o five ass up the middle? I don't get the "It's boring." take at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Bottom line, it's a dink and dunk offense, it always has been and always will be. That isn't a bad thing if it can finish in the red zone and win games. The jury is still VERY much out here on that. It's an EXTREMELY boring offense to watch, to me anyway. It's like paint drying, except worse.
    I'm not a huge fan of the Air Raid, but I'll interject here. It's no different than any other offense. When it's working, it's very exciting to watch. When it's not, it's boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Air Raid, but I'll interject here. It's no different than any other offense. When it's working, it's very exciting to watch. When it's not, it's boring.
    I think the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offenses are boring, even when they are working. But very rarely are 3 yds and a cloud of dust offenses working; if they are not breaking off 6 and 10 yard runs, they are going to get behind the chains at some point and fail. Not too different from trying to run the air raid consistently throwing swing passes to the RB for short yardage.

But agree with you. Not sure I've ever really watched an offense that was working and thought it was boring. I think watching an option offense when it's really working is fun, even if they are running the same three plays.

vCash
    Their are just some posters on here that will be overly negative about leach and they let that sway the thinking. Comments like, boring offense. Dink and dunk, and the whole 6-6 zero hopers out here. The guy has won everywhere and we were in position to win more than 7 games last year. Some are just letting one game from last year dictate this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Do you want 3 yards and a cloud of dust or Holloway's buck o five ass up the middle? I don't get the "It's boring." take at all.
    Throwing 175 passes to the RB's is the modern version of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. This offense makes the Wing-T seem exciting.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Their are just some posters on here that will be overly negative about leach and they let that sway the thinking. Comments like, boring offense. Dink and dunk, and the whole 6-6 zero hopers out here. The guy has won everywhere and we were in position to win more than 7 games last year. Some are just letting one game from last year dictate this year
    Good post. Agree.

vCash
    It IS three yards and a cloud of dust. It's almost exactly the same thing. It's just plain boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Throwing 175 passes to the RB's is the modern version of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. This offense makes the Wing-T seem exciting.
    EXACTLY.

vCash
    Almost as boring as checking a practice thread to see the same old discussion that's been done to death.
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.

vCash
    Everybody wants more than 6-6. That doesn't mean we will get it. The offense IS boring. It's just like running it up the middle every play.

vCash
    Except when those RBs break a tackle and go for 15 yards.

The Boring Crowd just doesn't like the Air Raid. To each his own.

vCash
    If we have a really good season they'll disappear like they did in the Auburn game thread last season. It was like The Rapture came b/c half the posters vanished in the second half.

vCash
    Saying the offense is boring...is boring.

vCash
    Exactly. LSU 2020 and auburn 2021 were not boring.
    KY and vandy and Aggie and ark last year too. Uga 2020. Those games weren't boring.

When people try to press us and play man, we stretch the field. When they drop 8, we work underneath, and will work the 8-12 yard area more now that we have a qb who will be more physically developed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    Almost as boring as checking a practice thread to see the same old discussion that's been done to death.
    Better than ten pages of nothing about the uniforms......so there's the bright side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Better than ten pages of nothing about the uniforms......so there's the bright side
    You got a point there, at least it was a thread started about the uniforms.

vCash
    If MSU runs the ball, fans want them to throw it. If they throw the ball, fans want them to run it. Never ending complaining by some. I would rather lose throwing the ball and having a chance for a comeback, than run the hell out of the ball and get down by 2 touchdowns and have zero chance to come back for a win. If the offense is played up to our ability, it will not be stopped. I believe we could be more balanced but I think Leach has us on the right path to success and this team and his coaching will surprise a lot of folks this year. I believe Leach is going to adapt his coaching style and we are in for a good year!

vCash
    Except when those RBs break a tackle and go for 15 yards.

The Boring Crowd just doesn't like the Air Raid. To each his own.
    That happens running it up the middle too.

vCash
    Yeah, all those corner routes to Polk last year that resulted in touchdowns were stupid boring. Not long ago we couldn't even complete a forward pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Exactly. LSU 2020 and auburn 2021 were not boring.
    KY and vandy and Aggie and ark last year too. Uga 2020. Those games weren't boring.

When people try to press us and play man, we stretch the field. When they drop 8, we work underneath, and will work the 8-12 yard area more now that we have a qb who will be more physically developed.
    YES.

If anybody thinks those games were boring they just are being sour b/c we aren't running Dan's offense anymore. Will Rogers will cut you up underneath until you are forced to man up and send somebody.