Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Any info from practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did you enjoy 2012 (8-4) with Russell throwing it in the picket or 2013 (7-5) with dak running and throwing? Maybe you're the opposite, but if you aren't winning big, style matters.
    so I guess you're the type that isn't satisfied unless we look great or dominating while doing it ... that's ok - it's your position ... mine is just winning. So I'll take the 8-4 over the 7-5
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I enjoyed the second half of the AU game as much as any game I have watched in the last 10 years.

I did not enjoy the egg bowl at all.
    Same as beating them to get to #1? Wow, that's a hot take

ETA... now don't get me wrong, that was a very entertaining game as was beating aTm.
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-22-2022 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Same as beating them to get to #1? Wow, that's a hot take

ETA... now don't get me wrong, that was a very entertaining game as was beating aTm.
    The second half was really fun. AU 2014 was damn fun as well. Hell LSU in 2014 was a good one. My favorite game in the last 15 years might be 2009 egg bowl, we throttled them from the word go.

I really don't care how we whip someone's ass, as long as its whipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The second half was really fun. AU 2014 was damn fun as well. Hell LSU in 2014 was a good one. My favorite game in the last 15 years might be 2009 egg bowl, we throttled them from the word go.

I really don't care how we whip someone's ass, as long as its whipped.
    What 09 Egg Bowl did you watch? We were down at half 13-10 and could not move the ball. It was not until we went to Relf that we flipped the game.

vCash
    An of you got insight on our punting situation? We return Trafford who was punting a good bit at the end of last season and brought in Georgopoulos through the portal. At Saturday's drills they were both struggling and finally one of them got a "Bronx cheer" on one of the last punts which was very long with excellent hang time. They or one of them was rolling out to practice "Aussie style" punting with poor results. Bad day in drills or are we ok at punter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What 09 Egg Bowl did you watch? We were down at half 13-10 and could not move the ball. It was not until we went to Relf that we flipped the game.
    Getting old, you only remember the good things from Egg Bowl wins.

vCash
    one question, Do we have a kicker that can make 95% of the field goals within 40 yards?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So we gotta have a first rounder as a LT every season?

C'mon, guys.
    Agree, but then again this is Will we're talking about back there. I can catch Will in the backfield and I come from the 1970s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Agree, but then again this is Will we're talking about back there. I can catch Will in the backfield and I come from the 1970s.
    Slow down, homie.

vCash
    Maybe he is thinking of the 2011 Egg Bowl. We beat them bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Maybe he is thinking of the 2011 Egg Bowl. We beat them bad.
    From the 2nd half of the 2009 game until the end of the 2011 game, we dominated them for those 2 1/2 games. At least that is how I choose to remember it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Honestly in my perfect football world we would be balanced. My favorite offense of all time is the Bill Walsh West Coast Offense from the 80's and early 90's.
    Hire Croom as our OC!

vCash
    [QUOTE=DEDawg;1441293]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    I mean who am I to say you are wrong but comparing a coach who completely turned our program around from perennial bottom dweller to number 1 in the country to a coach who hasn?t beat ole miss yet? thats wild to me
    Leach took Texas Tech to #2 in the country. He took Washington State to #7 in the country. Both teams finished 11-2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Ehhh except the better than Mullen part. That is a ridiculous statement at this point. Like absolutely ludicrous thing to say
    I took his post to mean being more competitive against better teams. Leach has been more competitive with fewer blowout losses against better teams than Mullen. We have had more chances to win (and more wins) against ranked teams under Leach.

Mullen built solid conservative teams that almost always beat who they were supposed to, but failed to beat favored teams. Often was blown out by favored teams. Overall Mullen's results were better than Leach's have been to date, but Leach did finish 4-4 in the SEC last year, which was considered a good year under Mullen. It's really too early to judge them against each other. Mullen never had anything like 2020 to deal with when he started.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 08-24-2022 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    This is a pretty dumb argument. I?m guessing all of you have divorced your wives for a younger pretty woman.

Let the man coach the team the way he coaches. If not, you can?t hold him accountable for the results.

His system has historically worked or he wouldn?t have been still coaching and a candidate for any SEC job.

This is ain?t 1998 anymore. Which team is running 3yards and a cloud of dust and winning at a high level? Not even Bama with their talent is trying to do that anymore.

Speaking of Bama let?s look at who has been able to beat them: Clemson in the NC, Ole Miss with Freeze, Joe Burrow LSU, and Jimbo last year. None of them
    were 3yards and a cloud. The only way to beat Bama is passing early and often and minimizing their athletic advantages on defense. Am I saying we ever beat Bama under Saban? No, but Dan never got close.

GIVE LEACH A CHANCE! He?s only been doing this for over 20 years. This is probably our breakout year. Enjoy it! HailState