Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
The Air Raid isn't built for the short yardage needed say 3rd and 4th down. It can be argued his Air Raid in the Red Zone playing in the Big 12 and Pac 12 was good (I have no idea). But the defenses in the Sec can be brutal to say the least. Good Coaches adjust and put wrinkles in, haven't seen this in the Air Raid. But I'm hopefully because many say we have the talent to win 9 games on ED anyway.
I don't dislike the Pirate, I just wish we would run the ball a little more and use a damn TE and fullback some!
People have said the same things about this offense not working against defensive players at every stop he's made - Valdosta, Kentucky, Oklahoma, TT, WSU, and now MSU. What seems more insane - running it up the gut against a Bama defense, or making those defensive guys defend every inch of the field sideline to sideline on every play?

Mullen's offense didn't do shit against Bama for 12 years. At least with Leach we aren't losing anything there, and we've already knocked off like 6 ranked opponents in two years (ranked at the time we played them anyway). If he can get the Memphis-type games out of his system we'll be just fine.