Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DWS future plans

vCash

DWS future plans

Don't go cheap Cohen! Please look at what Oregon State did and their study on renovation vs rebuild. Pages 12-13 in the link below.

Drop it to the ground and start over with something first class.

https://leadership.oregonstate.edu/s...esentation.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Don't go cheap Cohen! Please look at what Oregon State did and their study on renovation vs rebuild. Pages 12-13 in the link below.

We can't touch the other schools with NIL but you're advocating a tear down and build back ???

ETA - I'm a commercial construction estimator and I don't think you really grasp what your saying
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    We can't touch the other schools with NIL but you're advocating a tear down and build back ???

ETA - I'm a commercial construction estimator and I don't think you really grasp what your saying
    Haha I don?t think he does either. For what we have now to tear down and rebuild would be at least 500MM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Haha I don?t think he does either. For what we have now to tear down and rebuild would be at least 500MM.
    not to mention REALLY pissing off our dead injuns
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    The plans for the south end zone were done when Byrne was the AD, and I could have sworn that we discussed this a few years ago. Cohen would stick with those plans unless something has changed, not to mention we need to fill what we have right now. That?s a stretch bc everything?s so damn expensive?..including the tailgating.

vCash
    New west side restrooms are terrible!**** Actually have to wait in line for one of those new wall urinals, never had to wait with "Templeton Troughs", even allowing time to rinse off shoes!***

vCash
    Rumor is......renovations to the west side 100 and 200 level to turn them into suites. Only south endzone additions would be to add more of those cabanas or whatever you call them.

There will be an announcement late fall. We will know for sure then the details.

vCash
    Rumor is......renovations to the west side 100 and 200 level to turn them into suites. Only south endzone additions would be to add more of those cabanas or whatever you call them.

There will be an announcement late fall. We will know for sure then the details.
    "Trolley Cars".

vCash
    No, I am not in construction. However I can read and see that Oregon State dropped their west side to the ground and is rebuilding something modern and beautiful. The estimated total cost, including interest and all, is $325 million.

Oregon State's athletic budget has been $10-30 million less per year than Mississippi State for the last 7 years. Mississippi State's athletic budget will probably exceed Oregon States by $50-60 million when new TV deals are negotiated.

Oregon State estimates that adding more premium seating will generate enough addition income to cover cost to repay loans and interest. However Oregon State has raised approximately $90 in private funds for the project.

I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 08-24-2022 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    ...I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.
    But but but but, while most other SEC universities "invest" in their athletic facilities and programs, we at MSU (under Cohen and Keenum's leadership tutelage) had a healthy "rainy day fund" of $25+M when the pandemic hit that helped us survive when no other SEC institutions could -- oh, wait, they all survived and arguably did not succumb the futility the Cohen-led 2021-22 teams endured.

I hope my sarcasm above is detectable by all.

vCash
    No, I am not in construction. However I can read and see that Oregon State dropped their west side to the ground and is rebuilding something modern and beautiful. The estimated total cost, including interest and all, is $325 million.

Oregon State's athletic budget has been $10-30 million less per year than Mississippi State for the last 7 years. Mississippi State's athletic budget will probably exceed Oregon States by $50-60 million when new TV deals are negotiated.

Oregon State estimates that adding more premium seating will generate enough addition income to cover cost to repay loans and interest. However Oregon State has raised approximately $90 in private funds for the project.

I just don't get why MSU would pour $40-50 million into renovating an 100 year old structure. Especially when your revenue is at an all time high and is likely to increase by $30 million per year in the next two years.
    I know nothing about the numbers you are quoting, but keep in mind, Oregon has Phil Knight writing checks left and right and he could fund that whole amount by himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    But but but but, while most other SEC universities "invest" in their athletic facilities and programs, we at MSU (under Cohen and Keenum's leadership tutelage) had a healthy "rainy day fund" of $25+M when the pandemic hit that helped us survive when no other SEC institutions could -- oh, wait, they all survived and arguably did not succumb the futility the Cohen-led 2021-22 teams endured.

I hope my sarcasm above is detectable by all.
    Sorry, only if you add ******* Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I know nothing about the numbers you are quoting, but keep in mind, Oregon has Phil Knight writing checks left and right and he could fund that whole amount by himself.
    Phil Knight is a tennis shoe salesman. We have "cigar boys" and $ is no object! Seriously, I would like to see something done to the South end zone and chair backs in the lower sections at least. 60K or so seats should be fine in today's & future sports climate. Went to practice last Saturday and interested to see how the new sections in upper deck West work out.

vCash
    Does Phil Knight give to Oregon State as well as Oregon? The construction is being done by Oregon State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    Does Phil Knight give to Oregon State as well as Oregon? The construction is being done by Oregon State.
    Oregon/Oregon State, Mississippi/Mississippi State, what's the difference?**** Most of America gets us all mixed up.

vCash

Stupid take and dumb use of a lot of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    I’ll go mind my own business for the rest of the night and quit being a dumbass in public.

vCash

That last part is false. They're going to do some balconies, lower level chairbacks, make the Seal building premium and do a rooftop from what I was told. It's going to look good. There might be some additional open areas too. The plans on it will come out soon.

vCash
    I’ll go mind my own business for the rest of the night and quit being a dumbass in public.
    "Final answer" ^^^^^^^^^