Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any info from practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, Dolla ain't Charles Cross but he's not getting pushed around a lot either.
    I'm not as worried about that. He can still be pretty good and not be at Cross' level. Not many OL are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I'm not as worried about that. He can still be pretty good and not be at Cross' level. Not many OL are.
    Exactly. Leach has always had pretty good OLs. He puts lot of emphasis on the OL position.

vCash
    Yeah, Dolla ain't Charles Cross but he's not getting pushed around a lot either.
    Not worrired about DOlla getting pushed around. Just worried about people going around him. I thought he was on the interior precisely because he was not quick enough to handle OT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Not worrired about DOlla getting pushed around. Just worried about people going around him. I thought he was on the interior precisely because he was not quick enough to handle OT.
    Evidently he's improved and it shows.

vCash
    Either he has made the biggest one year jump we've seen from an OL in a while, or we are going to really struggle at LT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I didnt get alot of info- just said he was told the starting OL is set and its clear cut. Dolla Bill is the LT.

As a coach- that tells me our 6-8 guys needs reps and playing time for experience because they have got to develop and get better.
    Did the person telling you this gush about how much better Dolla Bill has gotten?

vCash
    Did the person telling you this gush about how much better Dolla Bill has gotten?
    Said they are seeing definite improvement but are still in "wait and see" mode. Part of the deal is that we are also worried about our pass rush from our front without having to bring to extra pressure. We do a good job of bringing pressure with extra people- but our front getting pressure without is suspect.

Bottom line- Dolla Bill is our guy. He worked hard and made improvement to be the guy. We shall see if he can handle it. He wont be Cross. Thats an unrealistic expectation. But we need him to be a solid LT. We'll see how much he has improved. It's a big factor for us in 2022
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm ready to see Jordan Davis healthy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Said they are seeing definite improvement but are still in "wait and see" mode. Part of the deal is that we are also worried about our pass rush from our front without having to bring to extra pressure. We do a good job of bringing pressure with extra people- but our front getting pressure without is suspect.

Bottom line- Dolla Bill is our guy. He worked hard and made improvement to be the guy. We shall see if he can handle it. He wont be Cross. Thats an unrealistic expectation. But we need him to be a solid LT. We'll see how much he has improved. It's a big factor for us in 2022
    My biggest question about this team is the depth for our O-Line. Very questionable.

vCash
    Dolla has been the most impressive OL at camp. From consistency to completely changed his body. Looks like an NFL guy.
    Kam is gonna play RT and big Albert sliding to RG. Kam is just a good Olinemen.
    I am Actually hearing that our pass rush has been improved, one thing is certain not many teams are gonna be able to run the ball on our front.
    Again look forward us to be more comfortable running the ball this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Dolla has been the most impressive OL at camp. From consistency to completely changed his body. Looks like an NFL guy.
    Kam is gonna play RT and big Albert sliding to RG. Kam is just a good Olinemen.
    I am Actually hearing that our pass rush has been improved, one thing is certain not many teams are gonna be able to run the ball on our front.
    Again look forward us to be more comfortable running the ball this year
    Just having Jordan Davis back should help our pass rush immensely
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Either he has made the biggest one year jump we've seen from an OL in a while, or we are going to really struggle at LT.
    We had a great LT last year and we still threw mostly 4-8 yard passes. Seems like Will should still have time for those even with a lesser talented LT. 😎

vCash
    I remember giving up on Blaine Clausell but he eventually turned into a fairly decent tackle ... hold onto hope Dawg
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Getting pushed around doesn't worry me. What worries me is not getting left in the dust by somebody on their way to the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Getting pushed around doesn't worry me. What worries me is not getting left in the dust by somebody on their way to the QB.
    That's why he's trimmed up and got an OL consultant in the off season. As long as we have an average LT we'll be okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I remember giving up on Blaine Clausell but he eventually turned into a fairly decent tackle ... hold onto hope Dawg
    Yea, but Blaine showed pretty steady improvement each year and was pretty good by the time he was a RS Jr. If he hadn't had to play to early, people would have never thought of him as anything but a solid OT. Granted Dolla Bill wasn't bad as a guard last year, just seems like a big jump to go to LT. Maybe not as big of a jump for Leach's system than for most others.

vCash
    Wasn't Dolla Bill a high 4* recruit coming out of highschool? If so why would it be so hard for him to mature into what he was projected as

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Wasn't Dolla Bill a high 4* recruit coming out of highschool? If so why would it be so hard for him to mature into what he was projected as
    It's just late in the game for him to make a big jump. Usually, you see OL make a big jump after their first or second year on campus (and less often after three years) depending on what kind of shape they are in when they get here. Especially with some of the projects we take, it takes a couple or even three years on a college level S&C program along with better nutrition to either put on muscle if they are thin, or drop fat if they are overweight. (Dolla Bill came in needing to replace fat with muscle if I remember correctly.). But usually, if somebody has been on campus for four years, they don't make a big jump after that fourth year.

I'm also pessimistic because we had trouble at RT last year. If Dollar Bill was close to being able to be an SEC LT, you'd think that sometime after the 17th false start by Lashley in the first three games they would have tried something else at RT if we had anybody close to being serviceable. That's why I was hoping Reese would be a starting OT, because he was young enough that it was feasible he would be too bad to unseat Lashley last year but make a big enough jump in the off season to still be decent.

That said, if Dolla Bill's main problem was that he wasn't committed to conditioning the way he needed to be and that kept him from being quick enough to play OT, then it is possible that he matured late and made the commitment to get in better shape. But it's still not the norm to see that type of change coming after a RS JR year.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It's just late in the game for him to make a big jump. Usually, you see OL make a big jump after their first or second year on campus (and less often after three years) depending on what kind of shape they are in when they get here. Especially with some of the projects we take, it takes a couple or even three years on a college level S&C program along with better nutrition to either put on muscle if they are thin, or drop fat if they are overweight. (Dolla Bill came in needing to replace fat with muscle if I remember correctly.). But usually, if somebody has been on campus for four years, they don't make a big jump after that fourth year.

I'm also pessimistic because we had trouble at RT last year. If Dollar Bill was close to being able to be an SEC LT, you'd think that sometime after the 17th false start by Lashley in the first three games they would have tried something else at RT if we had anybody close to being serviceable. That's why I was hoping Reese would be a starting OT, because he was young enough that it was feasible he would be too bad to unseat Lashley last year but make a big enough jump in the off season to still be decent.

That said, if Dolla Bill's main problem was that he wasn't committed to conditioning the way he needed to be and that kept him from being quick enough to play OT, then it is possible that he matured late and made the commitment to get in better shape. But it's still not the norm to see that type of change coming after a RS JR year.

Dolla did fine in the first scrimmage. He will be a decent LT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Dolla did fine in the first scrimmage. He will be a decent LT.
    "Decent" won't get it in our pass happy offense against fast SEC DE's. They will tee off with little respect for the run. Decent will mean an increased sack count and QB hurries. We kick off soon and time will. Hail State!