Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starkville Restaurants

vCash

Starkville Restaurants

1. Gonna saddle up and head over to watch us whip on some tigers.
    2. Will tuck that napkin over the tie on Friday night at Prime 44 - (Please let me know what to devour).
    3. After the Bloody Mary, it's time to eat on Saturday....

Where do I go? Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Easy, Two Brothers for lunch on Saturday AM. You can park at the church and walk to the Cotton District and then the stadium and back after the game. Two Brothers gets busy early on game days, so keep that in the back of your mind. After lunch, start toward the stadium and find someone you know and bum some brews at their tailgate. Sunday breakfast is at Starkville Cafe, again, get there early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    2. Will tuck that napkin over the tie on Friday night at Prime 44 - (Please let me know what to devour).

For lunch? Two brothers...
    ETA- the saut?ed or marinated crab claws are a great app. Calamari solid as well.... entree just depends on your taste. Filet was solid. Had a special of rainbow trout once and it was good as well.

vCash
    I really like the calamari and carpaccio at 44. Try boardtown pies and pints across from Bulldog Burger, great draft selection and good pizza and it?s air conditioned.

vCash

Boy lots to choose from - Restaurant Tyler, Camphouse, Starkville Cafe, Obys, Bulldog Burger, Little Dooeys, Harveys, City Grill, etc.

I went to WalkOns while moving in my youngest daughter this weekend and it was really good. Easy parking and access. Everything there was good that we had. It is up on my list now. I heard Dak owns it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Boy lots to choose from - Restaurant Tyler, Camphouse, Starkville Cafe, Obys, Bulldog Burger, Little Dooeys, Harveys, City Grill, etc.

I went to WalkOns while moving in my youngest daughter this weekend and it was really good. Easy parking and access. Everything there was good that we had. It is up on my list now. I heard Dak owns it?
    The franchise is owned by an LSU guy. I think he owns all of them.

vCash
    Harvey's and the grill are bottom feeders for me out of everything else you mentioned. Tyler is great but better at night.

vCash
    After dinner Friday night go to the Guest Room.

I would skip Starkville Cafe and go to the Breakfast Club.
    Last edited by Bass Chaser; 08-09-2022 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    At Two Brothers, I usually get the Pulled Pork Grilled cheese, but everything is good. Get the smoked wings for an app (or your meal), they are some of the best you'll find in the north half of the 'Sip. Both pair well with a T -MINUS TANGERINE KOLSCH from Yellowhammer Brewing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    After dinner Friday night go to the Guest Room.

I would skip Starkville Cafe and go to the Breakfast Club.
    Solid advice here.

If you do happen to get a seat in the guest room, let me know what the secret pass code or amount you had to tip the hosts.**. Btw, the bar tender upstairs at Tyler, blonde, she makes a great Old Fashion.

vCash
    Hey there! Thanks for the replies. All great options and all of them I'm familiar with. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything that was new.

One quick question. Can't get great CATFISH in the Atlanta area. If I want that, where do I go for a lunch?

Thanks!

vCash

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0gkAX...ng=en_US&s=i16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The franchise is owned by an LSU guy. I think he owns all of them.
    Yeah I don't know. I was told Drew Brees owned or started in the LA and Dak wanted to own one in Starkville? May not be true but what someone told me. Next time I'm there, I am going to find out. It was very good though.

Banned
    vCash
    Hey there! Thanks for the replies. All great options and all of them I'm familiar with. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything that was new.

One quick question. Can't get great CATFISH in the Atlanta area. If I want that, where do I go for a lunch?

Thanks!
    Little Dooey's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah I don't know. I was told Drew Brees owned or started in the LA and Dak wanted to own one in Starkville? May not be true but what someone told me. Next time I'm there, I am going to find out. It was very good though.
    It's a franchise. Dak may own the one in Starkville and pay franchise fee or maybe he bought a share of the company

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Little Dooey's
    garbage. The sides are solid but if you think they have good BBQ- you havent lived
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    garbage. The sides are solid but if you think they have good BBQ- you havent lived
    To be fair he was referring to a catfish question. Which is ok. And better than the bbq for sure.

For OP, One underrated place is spotlight cafe. Great rib tips.

vCash
    Two Brothers is very good. Bulldog Burger is good.

Hallberg's The Breakfast Club is a must. 100% Dawg and puts out a good restaurant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    To be fair he was referring to a catfish question. Which is ok. And better than the bbq for sure.

For OP, One underrated place is spotlight cafe. Great rib tips.
    aight- their catfish is solid. Agree

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    aight- their catfish is solid. Agree
    Most of the food on that menu is great food. It's just the ribs, pork, and pulled chicken are mediocre that people don't dive in to the menu beyond that. (Who can blame them?)

They've got the best catfish in Stark (which was the question), well-seasoned crawfish during baseball season, an amazing list of appetizers (the cheese logs rival cheese from the school or hell even as good as curds that i've had into Wisconsin; the eggplant is wonderful; fried green tomatoes are a must), as you said a good list of sides. It's amazing to find a place that's worst food is its headliner. Which I get turns people off to it. But every thing outside of "core bbq" is a solid 7.5/10 at minimum.

And the hot take, the frozen margs are the best in Stark. Enough azteca in the mix to feel the tequila but not too much to taste it. Solid variety of flavors to mix and a Strawbery Mango is my go-to. It's actually ridiculous how well it complements the crawfish after watching a state baseball game on a hot spring day.