Thread: Practice Jerseys

vCash

Practice Jerseys

it's ridiculous when your "practice" jersey is better than the game jersey.

Last edited by BHildreth3; 08-11-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    it's ridiculous when your "practice" jersey is a better than the game jersey.

Anything that say MissState is an F imo.

Beyond that, our change in 2014 honestly got the jerseys right. Only tweaks that I would make are to take the banner lodo off and just have "State" in block letters like shown in this one. Then flip the banner M to MoverS on the helmet and we're cooking.

vCash
    Too many stripes on soldiers, otherwise like the Jackie years and add interlocking MSU on MAROON helmets.

vCash
    I think the Miss. State looks Ok. We need to bring back a version of the interlocking MSU.

I'm just glad the sleeves are the same color.

vCash
    The "Miss State" on the Jersey isn't bad to me. Looks good. The stripes look good, and modern.

Helmets- I get the love for interlocking, especially for us that were at MSU in the Jackie years. But for 2022 ( 3 decades later), it just seems dated as something that was done more in that era.
    Imagine in the 1980's hearing people say "Bring back the helmet from the 1940's", and how we would react.

I do love the Flying M though, and hope we use it some going forward from time to time. Those uniforms from the Flying M game 2 years ago were sharp also. Our players at the time a couple of years ago seemed to like that swag also, just going by some social media posts they made.

But anything but the Banner Mstate on a helmet. Just does not look right on a helmet. Looks fine on campus signs, etc, but not a helmet.
    Last edited by Santiago; 08-11-2022 at 07:40 AM.

vCash
    Can we not use maroon helmets with the interlocking MSU for a few throwback games like we have for various other past uniform looks? What is the deal? If Nike really owns it, we can surely tweak it a little. This is long overdue! Hail State!

vCash
    It’s been reported that Nike does not own it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The "Miss State" on the Jersey isn't bad to me. Looks good. The stripes look good, and modern.

But anything but the Banner Mstate on a helmet. Just does not look right on a helmet. Looks fine on campus signs, etc, but not a helmet.
    By my count this is flogging a dead horse #759,428 . . . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    By my count this is flogging a dead horse #759,428 . . . . .
    Yes yes yes. At least this board isn't genes page about it. That and the ****** ******** painted endzones. Dear goodness. Those people need a life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    it's ridiculous when your "practice" jersey is better than the game jersey.

Game jerseys look better

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Miss. State is damn stupid. I have never liked it. The abbreviation for Mississippi is MS.
    Just take that exact jersey and replace Miss.State with STATE and I think it works.
    Hell, take our current jersey and add STATE across the chest, and it works even better.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Too many vertical stripes. The current stripes look better than these...but everybody has an opinion.